Sign in to follow this  
Colt45_GTO

all the addons ruined the game?

I have spent time downloading, installing and trying various addons but i really prefer the vanilla version.

i am not sure if i am on my own here but i used to really enjoy playing on 7th cav server yet i simply can not find it in the server list anymore, all i see in RFT server list is DayZ ,DayZ DayZ DayZ! in regular A2 i can play one 3 servers the rest wont let me in because of the modded files on my system.

so now after buying all the games/addons and everything else i can play on 3 servers....yeah just great! whats worse is all 3 of them servers are russian so i can not understand a thing they are saying, so team work is out of the window there!

thanks for messing the game up guys it was the ONLY worthwhile game i had to play on my days off!

I suggest you inform yourself about

- Modding Folders

- Mod Management Tools

- Custom Repository

- Keys

- Structure of the ArmA community regarding "clans" and their servers.

Or just "deinstall" (I never "installed" any mod actually) all mods and play vanilla

Lol. You REALLY should thank them for offering something free to you, instead of being so ungreatful :plain:

Not sure I’m with you here, are you saying that you can’t get on servers because you don’t have the addons/mods they have, or do you have mods/addons they don’t allow.

What’s on your system?

Just fecking take out the addons...jesus it's not that hard!

just tried taking a screen shot of the error i get when trying to enter a server, but rather than it taking the screen shot of whats on the screen it took one of what was behind it eg my desktop lol damn thing.

i am not ungrateful to the modders at all, they are a very talented bunch for doing what they do. but now i have to go through all of it to delete the mods/keys and everything else so i can play one of my favorite servers, they got hit by script kiddies a few times so i think they have dropped back to vanilla and not accepting modded files/games.

or i go through the rigmarall of uninstalling/reinstalling Arma and all the patches which takes a complete age to do.

Hi,

how is your folder structure ? Have you used the @mod files system to install your mods ?

Worst case you can launch arma, go to expansions and unable the unwanted mods it's not hard.

Or you can use a mod launcher which is easier.

You don't need to uninstall arma 2 or to remove your mod folders either.

Didn’t you put your mod’s into their own folders ?

If you did, just move them into one large folder if you want to keep them for later, somewhere else on your pc. That or delete them totally if you don’t want them..

Where did you put your mod’s/addons..?

You don’t need to re-install arma2 or any other official part of the game, if its only community mods that are your issue..

Didn’t you put your mod’s into their own folders ?

If you did, just move them into one large folder if you want to keep them for later, somewhere else on your pc. That or delete them totally if you don’t want them..

Where did you put your mod’s/addons..?

You don’t need to re-install arma2 or any other official part of the game, if its only community mods that are your issue..

In fact he does have to reinstall the game in case he "installed" all the mods by putting them in the addons folder seperately or whatever...

I was assuming he wouldn't do that, there again !!;)

Only lead to tears using the games addon folder for mods, always keep them separate in their own folders..

Could always just find the mods pbo's and remove them, if he has put them in there..

Edited by ChrisB

smarter than your average bear!

went in deleted all mods and removed the keys from programs files folder, got the game back to vanilla...now to update the beta patch's

If the beta patch is installed it would be a good point to start modding "correctly". I can assure you: Most of the servers aren't for vanilla or dayz.

You dont need to uninstall any mods if they are in mod folders, and they are listed in a shortcut you had used to launch your game.

Just remove them from your shortcut and your back to vanilla. All depends on how you start your game.

In fact he does have to reinstall the game in case he "installed" all the mods by putting them in the addons folder seperately or whatever...

Well, I guess he could sort the files in his addons folder by date. He could then delete anything created after the install date provided he hasn't overwritten any vanilla pbos. This is why we have tags but I'm not sure if you can guarantee that everyone is on the same page inter of TAG_trucks.pbo

best thread title. ever!

blaming someone else for your own lack of knowledge and file/folder structure get's another thumbs up from my part

best thread title. ever!

blaming someone else for your own lack of knowledge and file/folder structure get's another thumbs up from my part

I concur sir.

This Thread fails really really hard.

My advise for you. Reinstall the game, just to be sure that all those pesky addons are gone.

Install the Beta patch.

IF you want to install addons:

Use the appropriate folder structure

C:\Games\Arma2\@AddonName\Addons\AllThePboAndBisignFiles

Or look it up here (Option 2)

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Or simply go and use SixUpdater.

Blaming free mods because you fucked up your install because you didn´t bother to inform yourself or even read the readme (yes most of them explain the installation) isn´t going to make you friends here.

Also: Get JSRS 1.5 and see what a single mod can do to your game. For FREE

As stated previously there are numerous guides as how to add mod/addon folders without modifying your game data file.

I also find it a bit annyoing that x public servers almost require x+1 different mod combinations. Mods exist because it's easy to apply them to the game and not because they add something special and 'required' to an incomplete game.

I strongly hope that at least the official addon politics will be changed in Arma III. Up to day there are people who are confused by A2 and OA. A3 with all later official addons should be a single game with everything requiring the base game. At least all the vanilla stuff should not confuse the players.

not even needing that:

in game menu, you have an "extension" menu where you can enable/disable the mods.

nothing easier...

Really? XD I didnt even know about that. Haha. I just enable, and disable then before I start my game. Learn somethin new every day. :3