AlexVestin

Alex Vestin's Multicam (HD quality template files)

HD Multicam template files.

AlexVestin_Multicam-compare.jpg

Click the picture for bigger comparison example.

AlexVestin_Multicam-showcase.jpg

Detail layer and tag sample.

Fullsize version > Click here <

50% size version > Click here <

25% size version > Click here <

Photoshop file > Click here <

PSD file contains everything +

Original photo,

Multicam tag,

Detail layer.

I've gotten really tired of seeing so many low-quality versions of the Multicamâ„¢, so

I though I'd try my hand at making something everybody could make use of in the future.

It's fully tileable in all directions. It looks quite nice even if it get's downscaled a lot.

It's tweaked to look like the original multicam color as it is. I have real life references.

If it gets blurry, my tip is just to run it through a faint sharpening filter.

Posted this in the "DISCUSSION" section

since it's not a finished addon.

I hope this was useful and I am looking forward to seeing your response.

Would get interesting if you'd post a pic here of what you've done with it.

Remember not to scale it too big when using it.

Enjoy! :)

Edited by AlexVestin
  • Like 1

Great job, very useful for people know how to texture, sadly I aint fan of those camo's and Im not gonna do anything with it :P

Very useful once again, thanks for this!

But to be honest even with the commonly used camo, you can make it into HD if you know how to which is easy.

Nice! Much appreciated. This will come in handy later.

Great job, very useful for people know how to texture, sadly I aint fan of those camo's and Im not gonna do anything with it :P

Very useful once again, thanks for this!

But to be honest even with the commonly used camo, you can make it into HD if you know how to which is easy.

Something's wrong with you.... haha jk, but what's not to love about MC?

Something's wrong with you.... haha jk, but what's not to love about MC?

Im sure everyone is entitled to their own opinions are they not? I for one like MTP more than MC. These MC patterns will come in useful when i add some additional camo variants to my Nogovan Highland Rangers :)

Im sure everyone is entitled to their own opinions are they not? I for one like MTP more than MC. These MC patterns will come in useful when i add some additional camo variants to my Nogovan Highland Rangers :)

Oh, yeah, an MTP one would be nice as well... But, still, it's the same base color and that's what I like :). A little offtopic, but am I the only one who has had a hard time finding a good MTP picture of JUST the camo?

Thanks for this, this will help a lot of addon makers! The community thanks you! :)

th_photo-2_zps60f5c8d3.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but there's some MTP if its any use to people.

sadly I aint fan of those camo's and Im not gonna do anything with it :P

If you don't like MC you must hate ACU more then me...which is a lot!

I beg to differ. It never gets near as good as it should be unless you paint it all over yourself. Color and sharpness is really hard to get right on all shades with a blurry, noisy, washed out reference. And making camouflage like this from scratch isn't as simple as you'd think.

http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/Robert_Haggan/th_photo-2_zps60f5c8d3.jpg

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but there's some MTP if its any use to people.

It's not hijacking if you're helping!

If you can capture the whole pattern in one photo (less wrinkles and the whole repeating pattern), it could get very usable.

Altough I'd say that's the back of some kind of shirt? Getting the whole pattern might be impossible.

Edited by AlexVestin

Yeah the back of my smock, Ill try and get a better one later this evening. I have a poncho which has more of the pattern ill try and get a good photo of it.

===Edit===

Ill have to wait until tomorrow not enough room in the house to spread it out and its too dark outside. hopefully it will be OK for you to use.

Edited by rhaggan

Is this a phototexture or a hand painted swatch?

It looks really neat, but multibutt isn´t my favourite :I I´m currently searching for a replacement for textures I am working on. You don´t happen to have a similarily excellent US4CES sample to go along with your multicam?

Thumbs up for putting this out here for modders to use too, wonderful initiative!

It looks really neat, but multibutt isn´t my favourite :I I´m currently searching for a replacement for textures I am working on. You don´t happen to have a similarily excellent US4CES sample to go along with your multicam?

Thumbs up for putting this out here for modders to use too, wonderful initiative!

With this you can pretty much make a HD looking camo in ArmA

http://www.strikehold.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/US4CES_Version-A_Swatches-1024x384.jpg even that it is small.

Indeed its nice that people share their resources for others to use.

It's originally a photo found on google.

I made it tileable, fixed wrinkles, fixed color levels, shaded together missing parts, and now it's really easy to use for everyone! :)

I do have a small collection, but I've never heard of that one before. We'll see if I can get some more camo templates out in the future :)

I do have a small collection, but I've never heard of that one before. We'll see if I can get some more camo templates out in the future :)

It´s a new Camo, made by ADS. It´s been designed for the recent US Army camo competition. There´s only a handful of -very- small swatches available, so it´s difficult to make a decent full size swatch without the pattern repeating itself in a jarringly obvious fashion. I know, I tried and kinda failed :(

Their website is here: http://www.adsinc.com/company/solutions/camo-solutions/us4ces

I like it but seems kinda fake looking lol I dunno how to explain.

It´s a new Camo, made by ADS. It´s been designed for the recent US Army camo competition. There´s only a handful of -very- small swatches available, so it´s difficult to make a decent full size swatch without the pattern repeating itself in a jarringly obvious fashion. I know, I tried and kinda failed :(

Their website is here: http://www.adsinc.com/company/solutions/camo-solutions/us4ces

Thay actually gave out more than enough on their website to re-create something VERY similar.

All of their versions use the same pattern, but different shades.

I can't promise, but I might have something useful in a bit.

I'll have to make it tileable first. Then the 4 different versions: Arid, Woodland, OCIE, Traditional.

Should look more real and less fake than the others atleast? Cause this is probably the closest thing to the real deal that I myself have seen.

Edited by AlexVestin

I thought it looked pretty damn good.

nV2um1I.jpg

mjUPMwk.jpg

Oh. Nice seeing how it came out! Looks like you actually made real seams.

Not to be nit-picky, but one of the first things that came to my mind when I saw it was the scale.

Adjusting the scale on the torso to about 5%-ish larger and the arms and legs to about 5%-ish smaller, so the two sizes meets somewhere in the middle and matches better would make it spot on!

Oh. Nice seeing how it came out! Looks like you actually made real seams.

Not to be nit-picky, but one of the first things that came to my mind when I saw it was the scale.

Adjusting the scale on the torso to about 5%-ish larger and the arms and legs to about 5%-ish smaller, so the two sizes meets somewhere in the middle and matches better would make it spot on!

Thanks, I just threw this together to show the aforementioned posterior that the camo does look rather nice (and real). Threw it together pretty quick, and didn't normal map anything. But thanks for the scale advice, in the chance that I may use this in an upcoming addon that will come in handy.

For now. I'll put it here. Might update the first post later.

Woodland & Transitional.

AlexVestin_US4CES_Woodland-showcase.jpgAlexVestin_US4CES_Transitional-showcase.jpg

OCIE & Arid.

AlexVestin_US4CES_OCIE-showcase.jpgAlexVestin_US4CES_Arid-showcase.jpg

Edited by AlexVestin

I guess as suggestion you could of create a new topic where you can put all of your camo's :P

We'll see. Not a bad idea.

Incase of that I'll ask a moderator to rename the thread. This'll do for now, though :)

Nice work on those US4CES camouflage's mate.

Superb! I´ve got to try these out... I´m gonna throw these on the BI US Army units with my retex thingie and show pics once I´ve got them suited up. Thanks for making these available. :>

Cheers

Insta

Tried them, and it seems ADS deliberately altered the colours of the flat pictures on their websites: they look nothing like on the recent photographs. I´m currently looking through their pictures and am trying to determine the actual values of the colours. OCIE actually looks kind of like a dry-er AOR-1 as far as the colours go according to some pictures I found from SHOT show.

The shadows in the field pictures are very intense and finding the averages for the colours will entail a bit of work. I hope you´re okay with me altering the colourways to more realistic values? I´ll make the finished swatches available again too.

Edited by InstaGoat