FredAirland

Advanced Flight Model based on HTR

Just put it there and run the game, that's it!

Oh ok. It says that the files you download are supposed to replace some files in the Hsim folder, so I thought that something was wrong.

You may have Hsim if You installed other physics alteration. I never had it in a "stock" TOH.

Hi SamB

yes I have been contacted,

So is there a small chance for the integration of HTR? You wrote at Hovercontrol that RotorLIB is using lookup tables like FSX? Oh man, I thought that it was more advanced then that. So it would be much better if we had the possibility to use an external FM ( like HTR). This maybe is the case for A3?

Edited by EagleEye[GER]

many thanks from me too! I like very much the new flightbehavior. A stupid question: have the take on hinds helicopters medium flight model?

@eagleeye

integration is not possible to my knowledge, as there's no third party libraries support. I believe that TKOH + HTR would be a fantastic product for training but would probably need a Bistudio agreement on that...

Possibly the rotor code in RotorLib in is much more complex that it seems but looking at the XML files there's a lot of table lookups, check yourself...

@JumpungHubert

I don't have TKOH Hinds (yet) but definitely yes when I will buy it...

Too bad it's not happening. A big waste IMHO...

There are several scripting commands for RotorLib - check those RTD tag here:

with http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Take_On_Helicopters:_New_Scripting_Commands_List

Dunno if those really help.

There is callExtension to call dlls, but you probably cannot interface with RTD.

Did you contact RTD themselves yet?

fred64 once again many thanks. Accidentally got to make the video. I think it was someone from your own.

In any case, glad you did the job. We look forward to further work on the MI24

v24S6bOIm_w

Edited by exe_74rus

Maybe scripting, in combination with one of these mods, can help you with implementing more realistic helicopter behavior?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131325-Arma2NET

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?98647-JayArma2Lib&highlight=jayarma2

Looking at ACE mod and other full conversion mods gives me the feeling there is next to nothing that can't be done with this engine!

Cheers

Crusader

Maybe scripting, in combination with one of these mods, can help you with implementing more realistic helicopter behavior?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131325-Arma2NET

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?98647-JayArma2Lib&highlight=jayarma2

Looking at ACE mod and other full conversion mods gives me the feeling there is next to nothing that can't be done with this engine!

Cheers

Crusader

I was not aware of these possibilities, definitely a step ahead! I a, not yet that familiar with Arma moddding... Need to study a bit more

Thanks !

Fred

Your welcome!

I appreciate your effort, ToH has so much untapped potential!

There are many very good mods and talented modders in the ARMA community, all very helpful!

For instance there is a full Teamspeak integration (ACRE) complete with clickable radios and positional audio in game (by NouberNou).

Jaynus did the JayArmA2Lib, which ACRE is using under the hood.

Then there is ACE, a total conversion mod which brings literally hundreds of realism features to the game by Sickboy and friends.

Sickboy also has a mod distribution network, which is very good and widely used.

Its called PlayWithSix.

And kju, who already commented in this thread, is very knowledgeable about all the ins and outs of ARMA scripting.

So there is next to nothing that cannot be done, and ppl are very helpful, so I wish you all the best with your effort!

Cheers

Crusader

awesome! - Fred, you're the man!

can't say i had any major problems with the old model, as one does grow used to it to a point where it's like riding a bike after a while...

but this is MUCH better, and i highly appreciate how the helicopter isn't quite as intent in trying to kill me anymore! ;)

truly awesome! indeed - just awesome!

i had always suspected that a more realistic representation of an MD500 would in fact not bank like an f-16, the way it did before...

so this feels a lot more coherent, and easier to fly too! - the pitch control is a lot more responsive, whereas the banking is much more behaved now!

this is quite an excellent mod - a real must-have in the making! - thank you very much indeed, sir! :yay:

cheers!

I finally got round to trying these out. Its gonna take a little time for me to adjust to them, but the improvement in my heli handling was instantly noticeable!

I used to land like a drunken bee in a wind tunnel, but I now have so much more control. Also nice to fly the medium, was the least favourite of mine till now, but I can actually fly it at last!

Thanks for these! Makes flying even more enjoyable.

Just tried this tonight. So much better but still challenging. Thanks for making this!!

Odd, the handling of the light is much better, I can actually land it without it trying to kill me and over all I feel more in control, however the handling of the medium seems to of become way more sensitive to the point where I'm see-sawing. The default model for the medium is actually a lot better for me, perhaps that's just down to the fact that I'm using a controller and having a more sensitive cyclic just isn't good on a thumb stick.

Ok so Am I jut dropping these whole folders into my root TOH Dir? Im not sure if its working or not.

Ok so Am I jut dropping these whole folders into my root TOH Dir? Im not sure if its working or not.

The hsim folder goes into the ToH folder, you'll know if its working as the changes are very noticeable.

E.g. my paths:

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\Hsim\Air_US_H\Helicopters_Light\Light-GenHeli600-DesktopSim.xml

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\Hsim\Air_US_H\Helicopters_Medium\Medium-GenHeli600-DesktopSim.xml

Alright cool thats what Im doing. There was no folder to overwrite however so I just placed it there. I might have been misleading before. I cant tell the difference because I never really played this before. I just started playing it recently even though Ive had it in steam for quite some time. I just couldnt run it until I got a better rig. TY For the info!

Awesome work fred, thanks for this. Hope BIS let you help them ;)

Hi Fred, thanks for your efforts.

Have you given any thought to removing the default Rlib stability augmentation settings from the flight model as it removes most of the ToH input lag and makes the helicopters more responsive to control inputs.

I have added the below code to your flight model and it has made a big difference. I no longer over correct due to input lag.

<FCSComponent type="FCSRotationDamper">
     <YawController P="0" D="0"/>
     <PitchController P="0" D="0"/>
     <RollController P="0" D="0"/>
   </FCSComponent>

For details: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?126795-flight-model-editing/page2&p=2054734#post2054734

No I haven't but I think it is a very good suggestion !

I will try it too.

thanks

Fred