kenoxite

[Other] Notepad++ OFP/CWA Syntax Highlighting

OFP LANGUAGE DEFINITIONS FOR NOTEPAD++

blackjl.th.jpg

Language definitions for: SQS, SQF, EXT and CSV
Comes in three different color schemes: black, orange and blue

Notepad++ is a free, open source text editor with several and powerful built-in tools. I've been coding for OFP/CWA (and anything, really) with this text editor for years now, but it lacked a complete and updated SQS, SQF, etc language definition. That's why I decided to create one myself and sharing it with other OFP scripters.

DOWNLOAD:
- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cp6h9od9t24296y
- http://www.multiupload.nl/183S10NIHH

INSTALLATION

1. Decompress the zip file
2. Open Notepad++
3. Click on "Language" (at the top menu)
4. Select "Define your language..."
5. Click on the "Import..." button, browse to the directory you decompressed the zip file and select one of the xml files of the scheme you want to use
6. Repeat step 5 until all the xml files of that scheme are imported
7. Restart Notepad++
8. Open any SQS, SQF, EXT or CSV file. You'll see that now the syntax is correctly highlighted

You can download Notepad++ from here: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

--
I'm not sure if this is really the right place to post something like this. But being it related to scripting I thought it'd fit better here. Feel free to move this to wherever it should be if this isn't the right place.
--
I just realized two things: I totally forgot about .ext syntax. And there's quite a lot of this stuff already posted, but all for Arma 2. Oh, well. I hope this is useful for someone else anyway. I'll update this with the .ext support later
--
Ext suppport added. File updated

Edited by kenoxite
File updated to include support to .ext files
  • Like 2

Based on your file I've made a style that is closer to the C formatting.

Still I don't use it because I can't stand that np++ doesn't support comment after whitespace.

Edited by Faguss
updated link
  • Like 1

Nice one.

Yep, that comment behaviour could be better. The workaround I'm using so far is placing the semicolon at the start of the line, and then TAB my way to where I want to place the comment, to keep it aligned. But I think that's a minor annoyance.

What are you using then? OFP script editor?

I don't know if it's due to some setting I've changed, but Notepad++ does support comments after whitespace using these language definitions :confused:

He means when you place a space or tab before the semicolon while editing a SQS file.

For Notepad++ not to think that a semicolon inside, say, an if conditional block was a comment I had to check the "Force line comments at the beginning of line".

For the rest of file types (such as SQF) that's not an issue. There you can place comments wherever you like.

What are you using then? OFP script editor?

No, np++. Just without any formatting.

That's most useful. Thanks for sharing!

Apparently Np++ has option "Allow preceding whitespace" since ver 6.3 (3rd Feb). I've updated C-like style.

Edited by Faguss
  • Thanks 1

That's good news.

As you know already, I've been willing to add your style to the main download, so it's easier to get all of them together.

Also, a while back I also added support for .sqm, so that's another reason to update all this.

Edited by kenoxite
I accidentally A LOT of words. It's happening to me a lot today for

6 hours ago, prototype1479 said:

Links dont work :(

You only need to use one of the two links, and the mediafire one works for me.

• Like 1