The ultimate thread about Arma 3 anti-cheat discussion

Which one do you want.  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you want.

• Battleye
    • Punkbuster
    • Vac
    • Others

Another birdie server. A random click in the browser, and not even wasteland.

Yup. This needs high as F prio.

This is NOT hacking or cheating, it's something else (it has to do with degrade), and it is covered by "bugs". Not confirmed yet, but it's happening even on LAN servers, so it has nothing to do with script kids or such.

This is NOT hacking or cheating, it's something else (it has to do with degrade), and it is covered by "bugs". Not confirmed yet, but it's happening even on LAN servers, so it has nothing to do with script kids or such.

In that case we need an official statement on this. Because everyone believe it is hacking.

realize A3Alpha atm. has no protection, so trying complain or use it as argument is moot ... as the project progress this will be resolved too

Dwarden I understand. But this is really out of control, any public server is a mess. Try it by yourself, just join a server with player versus player. Soon any non-passworded will turn into a clusterfuck of birds flying everywhere. But what worries me more is how can someone spend so so much time just doing this. They keep themselves in the servers doing this over and over again. This people really must have a very sad life indeed.

What I mean is: plans change. What was may never be. I urge you guys at Bohemia to change your development road and actually implement an anti-cheat measure into the game even in the alpha phase.

Best,

Flash

Sometimes bugs make you spawn as animals, but I think most cases in this thread are cheaters ;)

So is it this then?

Really hope the ''seagull'' glitch/bug/cheat whatever it is gets sorted soon.Have really been enjoying mp the past couple of days until today.Have gone back to testing in editor untill this gets sorted.

After such a wise choice to release the Alpha and bring much needed funds into the BI coffers,would hate to see the newcomers to the franchise walk away.

Arma 3 has the potential to be a massive seller this year,even the COD and BF players are starting to take an interest.

Anyway hope all the good momentum being built up since Alpha release doesn't come undone by this.

yeah not entirely sure how we test this game unless its in editor only. i got this on saturday, i have tried MP several times only to see script kiddies in every server i join. so if you want me to test how the seagulls fly? i can tell you they don't go up or down very well but do go left and right rather well.

as for weapons? unless you got frickin seagulls with frickin lazer beams strapped to their heads? i cant comment.

i just hope this is fixed on the final otherwise its a good effort but a complete waste of money!

yeah not entirely sure how we test this game unless its in editor only. i got this on saturday, i have tried MP several times only to see script kiddies in every server i join. so if you want me to test how the seagulls fly? i can tell you they don't go up or down very well but do go left and right rather well.

as for weapons? unless you got frickin seagulls with frickin lazer beams strapped to their heads? i cant comment.

i just hope this is fixed on the final otherwise its a good effort but a complete waste of money!

This is not a hack... we have been testing the occurrence at Tier1ops. We have found that it appears went a player joins (we know the player so it is not a hacking issue) it states that he has modified files, but this is not the case, we have no fix at this point, but possible effected players will need to reinstall.

Since we are using steamworks i guess VAC is the way to go.. i never complained about this anti-cheat.

Btw. slight offtopic, but can we already get rid of the gamespy and integrate steam server browser?

Not sure if BIS realize that in the current situation (with gamespy handling servers) pirates are able to play multiplayer..

With Steam server browser it would be never possible. (authentication)

Edited by k3lt

This is not a hack... we have been testing the occurrence at Tier1ops. We have found that it appears went a player joins (we know the player so it is not a hacking issue) it states that he has modified files, but this is not the case, we have no fix at this point, but possible effected players will need to reinstall.

so what is the fix? i noticed when i joined the server it didn't mention modified files, but i did notice someone else join with modified and thats the point the witch craft began. doesn't really go well when we are trying to test a game, is it the same issue in A2? or is that script kiddies?

OK we think that we have resolved the issue. If a player downloads the beta from the alpha properties in steam they will have a different version; when they connect everyone becomes seagulls. Accordingly ensure that all players use the official steam download and not the beta.

Regards,

Bluescuba

Tier 1 Ops

so what is the fix? i noticed when i joined the server it didn't mention modified files, but i did notice someone else join with modified and thats the point the witch craft began. doesn't really go well when we are trying to test a game, is it the same issue in A2? or is that script kiddies?

I had the same error when using latest development build, so before you call someone a cheater or script kiddie get yourself informed or shut up.

And yes i was called hacker on few servers too, so i just rolled back this update, some people are just brain washed.

OK today hacking has gotten allot worst every game i join No less than 30min into the game every one gets turned into a seagull or grenades start spawning every where..... WTF???? Needs to be fixed soon

Okay, we have found the "seagull" issue and confirmed it with two diffrent clients now:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a Multiplayer server

2. Let people join the server

3. Go into the 3D-world

Result: Everyone can play just fine.

4. Someone who is on the 0.5.102980 dev build joins the server

5. Everyone in the server respawns instantly as a seagull.

This is reproducable on various missions/servers and has been tested on seperate machines.

Okay, we have found the "seagull" issue and confirmed it with two diffrent clients now:

Steps to reproduce:

3. Go into the 3D-world

This is reproducable on various missions/servers and has been tested on seperate machines.

I can confirm this! Someone who's using the Dev Build and joining on a normal Alpha server will make everyone spawn into seagulls.

Steps to reproduce:

3. Go into the 3D-world

I just tested it myself, that's pretty much how it works. BIS please fix this ASAP, it's causing hell on servers!

I confirm it as well.. as soon someone joins with the "dev" build, anyone turns into a seagul.

I've also tried to add the signature check (1) and it doesn't solve the problem.

Atm we have two problem: first is to revert the build .. but everyone that has the current build will continue to cause the issue, so we really to enforce the same build.

it's being worked on, there are multiple issues which needs to be resolved before it can be used/deployed

Will using the requiredBuild=102571; line in the config work with the Alpha? The non-dev build version is 102571.

it's being worked on, there are multiple issues which needs to be resolved before it can be used/deployed

Not sure if BIS realize that in the current situation (with gamespy handling servers) pirates are able to play multiplayer..

With Steam server browser it would be never possible. (authentication)

Sorry i had to post it again to make sure you see it

watch your mouth K3lt! not sure who you think you are addressing. an until the answers were given fully did anybody really know? so until this problem was found i am sure 99.9% of us that bought the game thought exactly the same thing.

watch your mouth K3lt! not sure who you think you are addressing. an until the answers were given fully did anybody really know? so until this problem was found i am sure 99.9% of us that bought the game thought exactly the same thing.

If you didn't know then that's another reason to not call out random people a hackers or script kiddies.

Unless you're new to the internet you should know that people are sensitive about it, especially if they are innocent.

Sorry i had to post it again to make sure you see it

once more, no security deployed so possible until that happen ...