Sign in to follow this  
Jester983

Looking for free forums

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place where you could get a free forum. Something along the lines of what we have here. I mean having sections like General and off topic. And one that would let u have mods (which most do of course)

Thanks guys

theres a free version of Ikonboard (this is gold i do believe) and if u need hosting give me a shout, i got space to spare on my host

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ July 07 2002,05:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">theres a free version of Ikonboard (this is gold i do believe) and if u need hosting give me a shout, i got space to spare on my host<span id='postcolor'>

Is that like some 30 day trial..? Anyone know how much IkonBoard costs? Cause i really do like this set up we have here

nope its free with no trial period Ikonboard.com for more details, but im setting a test forum up as i type this...

but to remove all the copyright etc stuff its $250.00 neway, ill set this up and u can ave a look and see if u want

Edit: Ill finish it later, its 5am and i need sleep tounge.gif

Ack could they make it just a bit more complicating??? Im not really sure if this will work with tripod...but ill just try it anyways...

Guess ill work on mine later...Too Tired.

just my look with that jester, my host (Netweaver) no-longer allows Ikonboard...ill ave a look around though, but i recommend getting payed for hosting as it will be far more reliable etc... make sure they have a "cgi-bin" folder too cos ikonboard uses CGI scripts

sorry about that  sad.gif i didnt know myself till 5 minutes ago, new policy  confused.gif

you could always go here: Veloxhosting, reasonable prices, reliable servers, click link for more info (sounds like an advert doesnt it tounge.gif)

Acidcrash, I'm not sure about "Veloxhosting", their plans say "unlimited bandwidth" which isn't realistic. And Jester, try Netfirms, they have a cgi-bin and free hosting as well as paid hosting and their service is good. As for a forum, you could try Yabb.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fraggit @ July 07 2002,19:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Acidcrash, I'm not sure about "Veloxhosting", their plans say "unlimited bandwidth" which isn't realistic. And Jester, try Netfirms, they have a cgi-bin and free hosting as well as paid hosting and their service is good. As for a forum, you could try Yabb.<span id='postcolor'>

netfirms are very slow, i used to be with them till i got my netweaver account, and veloxhosting, trust me i know the guy who owns it, he has alot of bandwidth (in the GBs from the UK backbone)

Oh hell I just made a thread about wanting to make a new ofp forum didnt see this. Did you want to make an ofp forum or a forum for something, if it was ofp what kind of rules etc were you considering.

Well one it would be a forum for my squad. Then it would be about OFP/DF series. I havent really figured out the rules yet...Im still looking for some but ill keep the ones u guys suggested in mind. Give me a couple days and ill tell u what i have found out and decided to do.