Sign in to follow this  
Joe98

The official Iron Front forums are down?

I hope they go back up soon, I want to post another update with images.

what does this mean?:http://www.simhq.com/ :mad:

"X1Software, the developers of Iron Front Liberation 1944, are starting a new project and are seeking interested and committed modders that are very familiar with Cry Engine 3 SDK and tools for modern level design. Please get in touch via email if you are interested."

Edited by LDU30

what does this mean?:http://www.simhq.com/ :mad:

"X1Software, the developers of Iron Front Liberation 1944, are starting a new project and are seeking interested and committed modders that are very familiar with Cry Engine 3 SDK and tools for modern level design. Please get in touch via email if you are interested."

They made the same announcement on the IF forum shortly before the forum went down.

What the hell is going on at AWAR ? Have they just shat on us or is it a genuine maintenance or fault at the website? I refuse to purchase their next game after the drama and miss management of this last one. I think I'll go back to ARMA OA and III when it comes out. We deserve better.

Forums are down, and they still work better than the game...

That probably means: "Thanks for the money, have fun with the bugged crap. We're off to the next engine where we repeat our stunt."

Sad but true. Was one of the few WW2 games I ever considered to play, but after the experience I made with X1, and the worst bugs not even fixed for months I had enough even before the DLC was released. Don't even know where the box is now.

IF forums are getting ridiculous, they been down twice without an announcement, and their slow to load.

I wouldn't be surprised if the forums never return.

. But it's all over now. Quite a sad situation. :(

What great potential!

EcyMmrIVBcQ

Edited by OMAC

Wtf, so I made those missions for nothing? :/ What a shame, I should've started off with I44 first or just I44 instead.

Phantom 6, thanks for the awesome tip in your spoiler! :) Very fast and cool.

No problem, I found the command to use while lurking the forums and I figure it'd be nicer if more people knew about it. Makes unit placement inside buildings much easier.

Absolutely, pretty cool.

And you only come up with that after I spent countless hours trying to place units into buildings in the past ~12 years!

:rofl:

That's disappointing, it had some potentials. Though no lite version of the DLC is still a turn off for me, I heard someone said that they promise that there will be a lite version in the future. I haven't seen any so that will cause a split community. I can't play because I don't have D-Day content :/ . Well, looks like I'll be losing motivation to make missions for that.

That's disappointing, it had some potentials. Though no lite version of the DLC is still a turn off for me, I heard someone said that they promise that there will be a lite version in the future. I haven't seen any so that will cause a split community. I can't play because I don't have D-Day content :/ . Well, looks like I'll be losing motivation to make missions for that.
AWAR promised a lot, very few of it ever happened.

I always hoped I would never have to say this, but the game is dead (some may say it has been for a while, but I was living on hope) I wish BIS could take over somehow? It would be such a shame if this game didn't resurface in some format.

In the meantime, Roll on ARMA III Alpha :)

Phantom Six I have your missions still hosted on my site, so all is good here.

People must be playing IF because i get alot of visitors and alot of downloads daily, also getting new members to the site weekly.

If you like playing IF thats whats important, and like building missions then thats what matters, IF forums maybe one of those Awar games their playing with us again,

have no idea us moderators weren't told anything about whats happening.

Theres still an Iron Front section here if you guys wish to discuss whatever about the game, and I will still host for you guys, and for I44, and for HIP, although

i haven't seen any missions from HIp in 2+ months maybe more. Shpagin is about to release a huge series for Invasion-1944 so look fo that on the MR when it releases!

It would be very strange if they just ditched it ...

Not that those long times of no info no fixes no nothing would´nt be irritating as fuck, but "when" they were there, being responsive and all, it was quite fine.

Forums are down, and they still work better than the game...

Exactly that happens when you want to make truly simulation using "RV" engine...

It simply can`t run good, really it can`t.

Exactly that happens when you want to make truly simulation using "RV" engine...

It simply can`t run good, really it can`t.

i would suggest you try refrain to blame someone else fault(s) on our engine or us ...

i would suggest you try refrain to blame someone else fault(s) on our engine or us ...

Its not definitely blaming though.

Its just summary of RV3 egine and its technological limits as an 2009 released game...

Just cause the IFL44 forum is down for few days, it does not mean anything. No reason to loose belief in what AWAR/X1 achieved so far and whatever goes on behind the curtains, we´ll surely get to know anytime soon.

[/url]

X1Software should nicely ask them about cooperation, Iron Front 2 on Cryengine 3 ? :bounce3:

You've said this about twenty times, we get the picture, please stop banging on about it; I think it's really disrespectful to what Bohemia Interactive have achieved with that engine in the ArmA series and irritating to read. Sure, the Real Virtuality engine has problems, but that doesn't make it terrible. The engine has done some amazing things; pretty nice graphics (sure, no god rays or whatever CryEngine 2 or 3 has, but still nice) all the while with a good mission editor, ability to render massive maps/sustain lots of things happening in a game and the ability to mod them (save for IF44, but if it wasn't for legal issues we would have had that with the game).

It's a little unstable, has pretty dumb AI (but then again, AI in video games isn't an easy thing to get right anyway. I think the AI that has been achieved is pretty amazing considering the massive scale of the maps and what the engine has to do), a lot of these things are probably going to be fixed in the latest version of the engine in ArmA III. But to call it a "crappy" engine altogether is just wrong. I'm not sure the CryEngine, while looking amazing (visually, especially), could do exactly what the RV engine can do right now because I've yet to see a simulator on the exact sort of scale as a game like ArmA II's in that engine.