Sign in to follow this  
Gnrl_Grad

SDK - Modify weapon settings, strengths etc.?

Is it possible to edit weapon strengths, enemy carrier strengths and other settings like this yet? Dram mentioned here in an old post that this would be made possible via xml files?

I was just looking at doing that myself. So far I can only see models, sounds etc, but nothing on unit stats and capabilities. There is a 'db' (database) folder that is empty, so I'm guessing the SDK doesn't unpack all that information as yet. Hoping I'm wrong!

I was hoping to access the weapon damage (etc.) values as well. Unfortunately all the db folder contains at the moment is an .h file (script?) and a 300kb binary file (not much at all). I would certainly like to know if the ability to do this is coming soon, or if we're just looking in the wrong place, or whatever the issue might be.

Yeah, I can't wait till they give us more access to the mechanics and scripting, allowing me to actually make the one thing they forgot to add from the original. The wire-guided missile.

Hi,

unfortunately, weapon modify is now unavailable to edit in current SDK patch.

But we are planning to add this content in the next.

Thanks

Excellent, thank you for an awesome game and for the patches. Having a lot of fun playing this game. :)