Sign in to follow this  
astast

astast WIP mods

Seeing all the CAGE photos on here are already covered in Gear, here's 360 shots of the CAGE Plate carrier without gear, both worn and off to show you how it sits and the Crye Cumberbund (used mostly for extra pouches and 40mm rounds), i stumbled upon it while looking for examples of the undershirt :P

http://scarecrow398.minus.com/mbzcqwhkdbdlVA

Thanks a lot Scarecrow :D this will be very usefull when i continue on the vest :)

Edited by astast
Never mind

Sorry for not posting anything in a while, i have been in the bed with a flue or a virus some shit like that :S anyway i started making a new unit yesterday using one of the sample models i had to add the knee pads by myself because they weren't on the model i had only on another one i found on the pc so that sucked a bit. i have optimzed the model a lot so here is a picture of it's current look:

ibdXMhxPELB9W2.png

Edited by astast

looks good!! though the boots are too high. u using the brown combat boots right? dont know their name

looks good!! though the boots are too high. u using the brown combat boots right? dont know their name

I think they are too, and no this is not a us unit

Base Looks nice, Boots/Blousing maybe a little too high as mentioned; I assume this is the Danish? i don't know about how strict they are over there with uniform on deployment but most soldiers seem to either not bother with blousing (The way the pant leg is tucked up on the boot) or have it low on the boot, and many, but not all seem to go for hiking shoes and boots, like Salomon's for example, along with other various 'combat' boots, for example a lot of UK and Aussie forces seem to be using Meindl boots these days over the standard issue.

And noone seems to have worn Barracks shirts (Ones with chest pockets, epaulets and such) since the 04ish, everyone today wears underarmor/combat shirts which are just a solid colour on the chest, i belive the reason for the change was to cut down on chafing of the pockets and such and to allow better airflow (Most wore regular t-shirts under the barracks shirts anyway, so having a single, thinner layer in a warm environment would be better).

Base Looks nice, Boots/Blousing maybe a little too high as mentioned; I assume this is the Danish? i don't know about how strict they are over there with uniform on deployment but most soldiers seem to either not bother with blousing (The way the pant leg is tucked up on the boot) or have it low on the boot, and many, but not all seem to go for hiking shoes and boots, like Salomon's for example, along with other various 'combat' boots, for example a lot of UK and Aussie forces seem to be using Meindl boots these days over the standard issue.

And noone seems to have worn Barracks shirts (Ones with chest pockets, epaulets and such) since the 04ish, everyone today wears underarmor/combat shirts which are just a solid colour on the chest, i belive the reason for the change was to cut down on chafing of the pockets and such and to allow better airflow (Most wore regular t-shirts under the barracks shirts anyway, so having a single, thinner layer in a warm environment would be better).

Thanks for the usefull info, i will keep that in mind but no, these units are not danish unit's

What cut of uniform you are going for?

If you have the time I'd look at moving away from those old ArmA1 style pants & kneepads

What cut of uniform you are going for?

If you have the time I'd look at moving away from those old ArmA1 style pants & kneepads

I'm looking for a modern scandinavian kind of uniform look, i dont have time to make an all new model for this so i just have the samples i can get.

Edited by astast

lol how many different projects are you working on?

Too many :D

Do anyone happen to know what this is?

You mean the last image you posted? Looks like a building.

Yes that picture, what building? :D

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's some sort of a building....

(But seriously try not to take on too much or you'll just burn out) -_-

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's some sort of a building....

(But seriously try not to take on too much or you'll just burn out) -_-

I won't i have 3 projects and i won't take anymore work before i have finnished one project

Looks kind of like the Pentagon.

Bingo! You are right and with that out of the way i would like to announce that i will be making central Washington DC with all the monuments, iconic buildings and the beautifull parks, in the future when i'm done with the two top priorities i have i will focous on the DC map.

Let me say before you all go nuts, that i will not make buildings destroyable or damagable nor will i make them dissapear if you should try to blow it up (Unless people want it ofcourse). This is not intended for MW2 kind of missions. This is more for a peacefull arma where you can be president, cop, housewife reporter, congressman or whatever you can imagin, it's a very early idea but i always wanted to see a civilian city and since central washington dc dosn't have any highrise buildings but mostly beautifull arciteture i thought it would be an awesome project :)

Please give me your thought's about this, because this is going to happen either for arma 2 or 3 depends on how hard it will be to make maps for arma 3.

Edited by astast

Bingo! You are right and with that out of the way i would like to announce that i will be making central Washington DC with all the monuments, iconic buildings and the beautifull parks, in the future when i'm done with the two top priorities i have i will focous on the DC map.

Let me say before you all go nuts, that i will not make buildings destroyable or damagable nor will i make them dissapear if you should try to blow it up (Unless people want it ofcourse). This is not intended for MW2 kind of missions. This is more for a peacefull arma where you can be president, cop, housewife reporter, congressman or whatever you can imagin, it's a very early idea but i always wanted to see a civilian city and since central washington dc dosn't have any highrise buildings but mostly beautifull arciteture i thought it would be an awesome project :)

Please give me yout thought's about this, because this is going to happen either for arma 2 or 3 depends on how hard it will be to make maps for arma 3.

Well that sounds very exciting! I love the idea. I have been waiting to see a big city map like Seattle from ToH in Arma. I hope you get a team for this size of a project. Seems like its a ton of work.

Would be nice for arma 3 (of course with the destructible buildings :p)

Well the main thing about destructible buildings is that i honestly don't wanna piss anyone off with it, I wouldn't know how americans would feel about it but if you think it's cool or don't really care about it then i will make it.

Well that sounds very exciting! I love the idea. I have been waiting to see a big city map like Seattle from ToH in Arma. I hope you get a team for this size of a project. Seems like its a ton of work.

Well i'm sorry to tell you that it won't be a map as big as seattle in ToH. But it won't be a 1x1 km map either ;) I also hope i will have a team so for anyone who have skills or experience with map making who wanna help out please contact me so we can get really started on the DC mod, there is a lot to be made from signs to toilets and so on :D

I'm planing to make the white house enterable so you can walk about in it and also some more normal houses.

Just a Small object for the dc map i wanted to make i've got it working ingame just need to texture it and i might be able to release it

iu1mPf1sT36TU.png

Click the image to see it ingame

Edited by astast

Well i'm sorry to tell you that it won't be a map as big as seattle in ToH. But it won't be a 1x1 km map either ;) I also hope i will have a team so for anyone who have skills or experience with map making who wanna help out please contact me so we can get really started on the DC mod, there is a lot to be made from signs to toilets and so on :D

I'm planing to make the white house enterable so you can walk about in it and also some more normal houses.

http://i5.minus.com/iu1mPf1sT36TU.png

How Big are you aiming exactly?

All of the District of Columbia? Whitehouse, Pentagon, Airport, Bolling AFB?