Sign in to follow this  
Brainbug

Algerian Mi-17

Inspired by recent events, I thought I should give missions makers a tool for e.g. a Shapur-based hostage rescue/attack mission, so I quickly retextured BIS' Czech Mi-171Sh (Update: now based on the default Mi-8MTV3, which is more realistic):

ntuuj8p5.jpg

You can find it in the editor under Independent->Algeria->Air

I've placed default UN pilots inside, they are neutral in appearance and actually fit quite well.

It doesn't need any other addons, just OA.

Files: alg_mi17.pbo (signed, with server key)

Download

Edit: Updated to Version 1.1 (completed reworked, see below)

Edit: Updated to Version 1.2 (rocket version fixed and normal version added, see below)

(btw a hint if someone does want to make such a mission: The "Project RACS" troops look rather similar to the Algerian military with their brownish DPM camo)

Edited by Brainbug

looks nice :D question - camo on the vehicle done by your self? or you found it? I never get to find camo that are suitable for vehicles...

From little things big things happen if you know what I mean :D

Edited by Sakai

Hey men, very good skin, but you can made a generic mi-8(classic) for OPFOR? without the shield of Algeria(with soviet red star)? and the same skin. thank you very much.i need one to my missions in soviet-afghan war.:o

A hug

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

looks nice :D question - camo on the vehicle done by your self? or you found it? I never get to find camo that are suitable for vehicles...

From little things happen if you know what I mean :D

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10563 The bad thing is that MOD NEED A FULL PACK OF ARMS, The pack of Robert Hammer aks, I personally do not like.:p

Edited by LDU30

hey brainbug

first, greetings from combinedarms & onkelbo to u !! ;)

second... we have mirror your MI17 in our downloaddatabase and set a news on our frontpage...

news on combinedarms

greetz, flo

Update: I have reworked the addon completely. I noticed that the Mi-171Sh with the back ramp is only used by the Czech, but the Algerian ones have the default back doors. I have also improved the texture a bit.

(Whoever mirrors this might want to change the picture!)

ntuuj8p5.jpg

Hey men, very good skin, but you can made a generic mi-8(classic) for OPFOR? without the shield of Algeria(with soviet red star)? and the same skin. thank you very much.i need one to my missions in soviet-afghan war.:o
Here you go :) -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145048-Soviet-Russian-Mi-17-in-different-camos&p=2280959#post2280959 Edited by Brainbug

Great!! i love you ....:yay: haha!! THX

Thanks everyone for hosting/mirrors! :) btw, Foxhound, is there any serious reason why you deleted it again from Armaholic? or just a mishap?

question - camo on the vehicle done by your self? or you found it?
It is made from the BIS textures, I just cut out some pieces here and there, changed the color and applied a few new decals. Not that much creative work, but the quickest way to get a result. Edited by Brainbug

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

It was not deleted mate, I was just updating the pages with the new version but went to bed before finishing it ;)

Edited by Guest
updated with new version

I inherited from the wrong class, so rockets were unusable. Now fixed in Version 1.2

Also added a no-rocket version.

sorry guys, I should really have double-checked that.