Sign in to follow this  
Harag

XBox 360 Controller

Hi

I've recently bought myself an xbox 360 controller for the PC and thought I'd try this game using that. Everything is going fine... until, I do a joe mission. When I press the right trigger to turn right it also fires all my weapons, it's like the RT button has been assigned to two functions.

I've also noticed when walking around, when I move the right thumb stick the head turns left and right, which is different from the normal scheme.

I did try disabling the 360 scheme and then enable the controller and assigned a 360 scheme which then allowed me to modify the key mappings, but I see quite a few red entries (double mapped). but not sure what mappings need to be set.

Does anyone have a good 360 controller profile I can use? or suggestions on what mappings to use.

I'm thinking about getting the HINDs DLC, but if the controller is firing and turning then it's not going to be good for hinds dlc.

Thanks

i dont know ... but im using DualShock 3 from ps3 system. I have downloaded Motion joy program, in which i setup controller like PS3. Game dont support ps3 controller direct. But game see it. Then i use X360 scheme, which i can map like i want. You must look in keybiding and there look on red words ... This is collision ...

I've set up mine as follows although I'm doing this from memory at work so apologies for any mistakes :)

Left and Right Triggers: Foot Pedals.

Left and Right Bumpers: Collective.

A Button: Toggle Free Look.

B Button: Change Weapons / Show GPS Overlay

X Button: Next Target.

Y Button: Fire Weapon.

Left Analogue Stick: Cyclic.

Click in Left Analogue Stick: Free Look Interaction button (lets you flick switches in cockpit without needing to use a mouse).

Right Analogue Stick: Look around cockpit (this will either snap left / right or free look depending on what the setting the A button is toggled to).

Click in Right Analogue Stick: Zoom / Optics (this is the 'toggle' zoom rather than the hold-down button zoom if that helps).

D-Pad: Up / Down changes selection on the quick menu (Auto hover, manual fire etc).

Right confirms selection.

Left cancels the menu popup.

Select button: Toggle first / third person camera.

Start button: Release countermeasures.

I think that's pretty much everything covered, remember to go though all the controls and remove and conflicting controls for Infantry etc that are in red.

Edited by Greebo

I some examples i have it same right you:

Arrow Up and Down: quick menu

Arrow Left : exit from quick menu

X-button: Accept in quick menu or action button (for clicking on things in cockpit)

L2/R2: pedals

Left Stick: Cyclic

Right stick up and down: Collective

R1: Free look (with Right stick to move camera or head)

O-button: Change look (outside/cockpit)

R3: Weapon change

L1: Fire from weapons

Square button: gps

Select: zoom

Other buttones i forgot now ...in tuesday i will be flying (i like it and i like to make videos from it).

I have some backups of config files for all cases .... i have weak pc for this game and i have backups on flashdisk for case, when my PC want burn :D :D

I've set up mine as follows although I'm doing this from memory at work so apologies for any mistakes :)

Left and Right Triggers: Foot Pedals.

Left and Right Bumpers: Collective.

A Button: Toggle Free Look.

B Button: Change Weapons / Show GPS Overlay

X Button: Next Target.

Y Button: Fire Weapon.

Left Analogue Stick: Cyclic.

Click in Left Analogue Stick: Free Look Interaction button (lets you flick switches in cockpit without needing to use a mouse).

Right Analogue Stick: Look around cockpit (this will either snap left / right or free look depending on what the setting the A button is toggled to).

Click in Right Analogue Stick: Zoom / Optics (this is the 'toggle' zoom rather than the hold-down button zoom if that helps).

D-Pad: Up / Down changes selection on the quick menu (Auto hover, manual fire etc).

Right confirms selection.

Left cancels the menu popup.

Select button: Toggle first / third person camera.

Start button: Release countermeasures.

I think that's pretty much everything covered, remember to go though all the controls and remove and conflicting controls for Infantry etc that are in red.

Wow, your controls are a million times better than what I was using, thanks very much for posting this.