Sign in to follow this  
njmatrix

(MP)DF1 Insurrection WW4

hey everyone,

I just finished playing one of the first military shooters i ever owned... Delta Force 1. And it gave me an idea to put my mediocre mission making skills to use. This is a no frills mission. You get in , kill everything standing and get out. Pretty simple. I used the Cuba island as the back drop (included with the missions). It requires WW4 2.5. Again nothing special except me trying to make some missions with one of my favorite mods, have some fun and share my love for OFP and DF1. It is for SP and MP actually.

http://imageplay.net/img/tya22302023/df1ep1c.jpg (137 kB)

df1c1.jpg

WW4 DF1: Insurrection

There are two files:

DF1 Insurrection.Cuba.pbo

DF1 Insurrection.Cuba.mp.pbo

Is that a SP and MP version? The .mp counts as an island name.

Cuba requires third-party addons. Complete archive can be downloaded here. Also island from your archive have a different modification date. Where did you get it from?

Expecting from players to travel 8km to the objective is pretty optimistic. I'd recommend using onMapSingleClick to let leader set the insertion point.

ha! remeber delta force 1 & 2 ... good games :)

onto the mission...like faguss said the island addon needs additionally files. after downloading cuba from opf.info i was ready to start. time compression on... and onto the objective ...

...my 1st attempt was as outlined in the briefing. i landed on the beach, a little bit southwest from the objective. maybe i was too optimistic but me & my team were cut down really soon (note to self... ww4 is quite a different beast than vanilla flashpoint).

...2nd attempt. after the 1st failed beach landing i was going to try another approach...forget the briefing and land on the northern beach and surprise the enemies. we crawled over the ridge, spotted the town where the objective is located in the south and managed to take down a complete squad, spotted a unknown vehicle in the mid of the town, and a motorized patrol. another group of enemies managed to flank our positions and it was again game over...

...3rd attempt... by now i was raging mildly...

approaching the objective area by sea...still in the boat... still on the northern side of the island... we were quite close to the coastline... boom...rpg hit takes out the boat and me & my whole team...

RAGEQUIT :)

things i would like to see...

a slightly more elaborate briefing to add to the mood. especially the old delta forces games (1&2) had quite nice briefings and settings (since you mentioned em). maybe faguss is right that 8km is a bit optimistic, but then again there is time compression :)

Well we completed in a test run. You really gotta move slow and methodically. As for the mission I added the mp in the name AFTERWARDS and obviously not paying attention I dropped it in the wrong spot. it should be DF1 Insurrection MP.Cuba.pbo. The version of the Cuba Island I used is from ofp.gamepark.cz. Let me research the actual download link. Also I am not sure what you all are saying. Is it too hard or too spread out or both? I designed the mission to be landed from the waypoint but I did add additional troops around the Objective (like they did in DF1, if you wandered around you would find people patrolling in the middle of nowhere) Either way let me see what I can do.

As for the briefing yeah I loved those too and I will work on making larger briefing to try and fit that stuff in. I also plan on adding the same weapon selections you had as well. Trying to set the same tone.

I selected the start point off island but I think I will move it on land since, if you played DF1 99% of the time you started on top of the enemy. There is also somewhere I read a way to add balance to ww4 weapons but for the life of me cant remember where I saw it. Anyone who can give me that info it would be greatly appreciated.

OK version of Cuba is V2 located on 6th page of the islands section @ ofp.gamepark.cz

Edited by njmatrix

can u re-upload please? link is dead.

thank you

sorry I deleted my OFP folder on Mediafire here a few months back due to no interaction for a couple months. Also I have been working on ArmA 3 Alpha stuff instead