Sign in to follow this  
Claystone

A few Questions to get a clear understanding

I like to get a better understanding of how the folders work for Mods so here is my question:

1. When "Mod Folders" are placed in the Steam/steamapp/common/arma2OA/ its going to work for singleplayer mode? And when you place the "Mod Folders" in the document/arma2 folder its to work with multi-player? Is this correct?

This question is about working Arma with teamspeak.

1. When playing online with a game that requires teamspeak, does my teamspeak application need to be open on my desktop?

2. Do I also need to hit the connection button on teamspeak as well?

(btw, on a side note I tried to connect with a server off of teamspeak and it just gives me a blank page. I also put in a mission code from a game and got a failed messeage from teamspeak.)

This question is regarding the 343 radio or any radio. All I had was the 343 so far.

1.How is it used? I know how to bring it up with Lctrl/Lshift/x. I know how to change the channels and vol, but how do you talk on it?

Edited by Claystone

You need to be ingame with and in a Teamspeak server in the same channel as the people you are in game with.

You then use your Teamspeak talk button to talk to people close to you. an example would be stood next to you ingame.

You then use your caps lock key to talk over a radio (343) to people far from you. an example would be in the next town from you.

a good idea is to turn off ingame VON and Push to talk as acre replaces that. example unbind them (if you wish or if the server requires it)

Also wrong forum see the sub forum for addons

O yer mod folders can go anywhere you just need to tell the arma2 application where they are.

Most people place them in the arma2 root they should all start with @ and have a folder inside called addons.

Ok, The help I recieved has help a lot in getting things going. Thank you.

I wanted to add some other questions:

1. How do you heal yourself?

(I was in an online game and was injured but I couldn't heal myself nor did anyone else heal me.)

2. How are you able to type text in the game?

3. What is "Squad URL" mean and what is it used for?

4. What is "Player ID" mean and what is it used for?

Again Thanks

As I only play mods I can help you with just 2.

To type you need to press '/'.

You will find that there are several channels, Global, Side, Group, Vehicle and Direct. Some servers will have all and some will have less, I don't believe there are any more channels but there may be.

Global will send a message to everyone in game.

Side will sent a message to your team.

Group is for the players you are grouped with (and maybe AI? But that's not my area).

Vehicle will communicate with everyone in the same vehicle as you regardless of team.

Direct is for players in your proximity regardless of team.

Hope that helps with that!

1. How do you heal yourself?

(I was in an online game and was injured but I couldn't heal myself nor did anyone else heal me.)

You need to be a medic OR being close to a medic tent OR medic car to heal yourself.

OR your commanders sends a medic to heal you.

OR in some missions you can also heal action-menu.

It actually depends on the mods, the missions, and the settings.

3. What is "Squad URL" mean and what is it used for?

You can put an xml on a webserver. In this XML you can put data of your clan, a logo and so on.

The logo will be displayed on vehicles and uniforms in MultiPlayer.

4. What is "Player ID" mean and what is it used for?

The player ID is for the XML file written above. Also the playerID is what matters in Multiplayer regarding

bans and kicks. For example some people think they are funny using names with only empty spaces.

The Admin can call a command so all playernames + their ID gets shown, this way he can go on doing what he has to do.

Another example it can also be used for RPG-like storing your stats on a DB server and when you reconnect, the server still can recognize you (also if the server had to restart).