Sign in to follow this  
roelvvv

Awful lag decent specs

Thanks for the help i will post my arma 2 config tomorrow however I did find out something, when playing dayz multiplayer in a server with 5 ppl i get around 20-30 fps in cherno but if i go on a full server i get around 10 fps. But once the full server restarted i got 30-40fps in the north of cherno but that only stays for a few minutes that way after that the fps keep dropping, is there any fix for that?

Thanks for the help i will post my arma 2 config tomorrow however I did find out something, when playing dayz multiplayer in a server with 5 ppl i get around 20-30 fps in cherno but if i go on a full server i get around 10 fps. But once the full server restarted i got 30-40fps in the north of cherno but that only stays for a few minutes that way after that the fps keep dropping, is there any fix for that?

Nothing you can do, server can't keep up.

Either server doesn't have sufficient resources or your CPU can't handle your internet connection (if it's fast) if your connection is low then you will get lags from that. Online and Offline gameplays have HUGE difference regardless of your system specs.

What kind of internet connection do you have, dial up, 3G modem, adsl, cable, or fiber?

I recently got a new router from a new provider which is cable, not sure how fast it is but it download with 3,2mb/s. I got all bars of connection. I even had lag on multiplayer before my new router which was even slower.

Can you please go to pingtest.net, do a test, then place results here and then go to pingtest.net and place results here as well?

Cable is very accurate and decently fast, so I don't think there's something wrong with your speed, but in some cases (although rare) your connection specially if limited can send/receive some packets either too fast or too slow so there's a "congestion" that throttles your CPU. After I see the test results I will let you know is your connection a problem or not.

Your connection is absolutely perfect for gaming (Similar to mine in the scores) so it's not your connection that is faulty. It seems that only your CPU left on the list of the possible faults. I don't know can you, but if you can try your cpu on another system or try other cpu on yours, you may be able to see is it really faulty or not. However, don't attempt anything on your own as this is very dangerous (for both you and your hardware).

Perhaps you can ask a technician to do it for you.

Any other online games usually just work fine.

http://www.pingtest.net/result/75700822.png

It's also how more people in the server how more lag.

obviously it's the server, the only think you can do is donate money to the server owner so they can get a much powerful server and more bandwidth.

obviously it's the server, the only think you can do is donate money to the server owner so they can get a much powerful server and more bandwidth.

Or play on a different server. :rolleyes:

No because it's pretty much on every server that has like 50-60 players on it and other people don't have the same lag as me.

Alright, i have a similar CPU:

Can you run benchmark 1 en 2 from the scenario's menu so we can compare properly(Turn all mods/addons off)? MP isnt a very good indicator of general perfomance.

No because it's pretty much on every server that has like 50-60 players on it and other people don't have the same lag as me.

Lot's of players online requires a good processor to handle all the in and out packets as well as positioning and actions properly. It's sort of like playing same game twice simultaneously just to make sure everything will broadcast to others properly. Even if a server has best specifications, a slower CPU can impact your gameplay experience. It used to happen to me when I played Battlefield games, got resolved when i got myself a much faster connection and a new cpu and gpu unit. Since you have a decent GPU and a good internet connection, it's probably your processor. You need to do more tests (GPU-Z, CPU-Z, try them) to see.