Sign in to follow this  
ctr2012

Anyway to record battles?

Hi guys,

So basically ive done a lot of searching but to no avail!

Is there anyway to say, start the editor in arma, preview a battle, fight die whatever, but have the whole battle recorded?

Recorded in a way that lets you "fly" around the pre recorded battle or even just see it through one of the enemies AI "eyes"

This would be really useful for target practice especially sniping ect.

In short ive always wanted to see the effect my apache/machine gun/sniper fire does to the enemy from there perspective....anyway to do this?

Alternatively try Bandicam, it's what I use, although FrankieonPCin1080p uses DxStory I believe (undoubtably the full version however) and it is very good quality.

Don't use FRAPS.

Search for 'arma 2 editor tutorials' on YouTube -and I'll look for it now but- there's a video called 'tips for moviemakers' or something.

HERE IT IS \/

Fraps is usually the good route, but it only records 30 second clips unless you purchase the full version.

...Bandicam... DxStory...
Fraps...
MSI afterburner...

None of these do what ctr2012 is asking. GCam/Director are closer, but require some work to arrive at the desired result. Unfortunately, Arma 2 does not have a system like BF2's Battle Recorder, which is what it sounds like he wants.