Sign in to follow this  
Claystone

Impossible to play online / Any other ways to find servers?

Is there another way to find online games to play in besides through the game? It is impossible to play in any online games. I get "Red" dots or "yellow" dots with a "?" in the center. Not one "Green" dot.

I have:

Arma 2 / Arma 2 OA / British Armed Forces / Private MilitaryCompany / ACE / ACRE / CBA / CBA_A2 / CBA_OA

I'm looking for a Arma game, not DayZ. I want to play a true miltary sim game, but I just can't find any that i can get on, so is there another place to look for servers to get onto. When I bought this game, didn't know it would be a mission just to play online...lol

Thanks

You sure about your game version?

Sometimes patch are not apply properly.

You sure about your game version?

Sometimes patch are not apply properly.

I got my files from "Six Updater" (Play with Six).

Then that mean "six updater" is giving the wrong files. I'm looking at the files right now in my game.

I bought from steam: Arma2 games

I downloaded from Play with six: CBA and ACE

Ok tried the filter and put in ACE and nothing. All games were in "Red Dots or "Yellow" dots with ? in center of dot.

I went into my game under "Expansion" tab and here is what is shown, all enable.

1. Arma 2 (Steam)

2. Arma 2 OA (Steam)

3. Arma 2 British Armed Forces (Steam)

4. Arma 2 Private Military Company (Steam)

5. Arma 2 OA Beta (Steam)

The rest i downloaded from "Play with Six"

6. @CBA

7. @CBA_OA

8. @CBA_A2

9. @ACE

10. Core-Advance Combat Environment

11. Community Base Addons (Operation Arrowhead)

12. Community Base Addons (Arma 2 Original)

13. Community Base Addons

14. Expansion

All of these are in my "Expansion" tab in the game. So I started the game under ACE and went into the Multiplayer. I went to the filter and type in ACE to find a game. Nothing, not one green. I also tried keeping the filter blank next and nothing as well.

Question, if I want to play a CBA file game online do I need to start the game under CBA? I have been doing this, but I just want to know.

Note: Now when I downloaded the ACE and CBA files from "Play With Six" i downloaded it under "singleplayer". Do I need to also download the files under "Multiplayer" as well?

What a pain in the ass this is..lol. I thought It would be a breeze to get this going, its like a science project.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Is the in game the only place to find online games to play or is there other avenues? The reason why I asked is because I thing I heard or read you can also try Teamspeak3 servers.

Edited by Claystone

Ok Can someone help me with this?

I started over again. I erase all of the CBA and ACE files. I went to "Play with Six" had it set to multiplayer. I found a server that had a team I've watched on youtube. I downloaded all their files required which took about 1hour to 2 hours to complete download. Below is a list of the files:

mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACRE;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNAVY;@brg_africa;@chn_crocodile;@csj_snake;@fallujah;@faysh_khabur;@ibr_dtowns;@ibr_lcivilians;@ibr_plants;@ibr_rn;@isla_duala;@Lingor;@MBR_Buildings2;@Mbg_gen_afr_buildings;@opx_objects

After putting all the required files I still could not join nor any other server?!?!?!?

I went back and watched this video and followed all the directions to the T. The one part that I ran into a problem was looking for the shortcut file called "Arma beta patch" that was supposed to be in the Arma2 OA file that will start the game will all the expansion enable. It was not in my file. So I started the game from steam. After starting the game I went into the expansion tab and saw all my files have been enabled, which was good. Now I went into multi-player and no luck could not join any games.

Can someone show me or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Oh, here was the video i watched. On time 7:07 is the file I did not have....

Thank you

Hi Claystone,

Just to point something out about CBA, there is no such thing as a CBA game, CBA are files required by most mods if you use them, otherwise you dont need

them in your target line if you are not running any mods.

The one part that I ran into a problem was looking for the shortcut file called "Arma beta patch" that was supposed to be in the Arma2 OA file that will start the game will all the expansion enable.

Beta is like an actual patch for the game itself, except its a beta which means its still WIP, and not an official patch yet, but for that file you can get it here:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Latest version is in the green at the top.

Also I suggest you post your actual target line that you launch from, so find your shortcut or launcher, and copy n paste what you have,

as sometimes there can be errors, or types, or spaces, where there shouldn't be, and if there is then something will not get loaded.

===========

Hi Claystone,

Just to point something out about CBA, there is no such thing as a CBA game, CBA are files required by most mods if you use them, otherwise you dont need

them in your target line if you are not running any mods.

Beta is like an actual patch for the game itself, except its a beta which means its still WIP, and not an official patch yet, but for that file you can get it here:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Latest version is in the green at the top.

Also I suggest you post your actual target line that you launch from, so find your shortcut or launcher, and copy n paste what you have,

as sometimes there can be errors, or types, or spaces, where there shouldn't be, and if there is then something will not get loaded.

===========

Thanks, I'll try this.

Btw, this was how i tried to lauch before. I had this type into my steam launcher.

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACRE;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU ;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_USNAVY;@brg_africa;@chn_crocodile; @csj_snake;@fallujah;@faysh_khabur;@ibr_dtowns;@ib r_lcivilians;@ibr_plants;@ibr_rn;@isla_duala;@Ling or;@MBR_Buildings2;@Mbg_gen_afr_buildings;@opx_obj ects

As you have the steam version of ArmA2 OA it might be better to get the beta through steam in properties.

Steam will have all the patches to download on steam. You cant download patches for the steam version from the Website so have a look around Steam.

claystone sounds like you're totally confused about addon configuration for arma

i've never used the steam version but what it comes down to is

green servers: you can play

yellow - doubtful, have to join to find out

red - can't play

to see the required mods click on a server and look at all the @xxxxx parameters. make sure you have all those mods downloaded and running along the game. i personally prefer downloading/updating my mods manually and launching the game through arma II launcher. a lot of people prefer using six launcher which automatically downloads and configures all mods for you, and features a built-in server browser. keep in mind some mods like acre require further integration with 3rd party apps like teamspeak

Is there another way to find online games to play...?

Yes. Don't download a bunch of mods then look for a server that uses them. That's the "wrong" way. Look for a server (or better, a community) that offers the gameplay you are looking for and join it/them, using the modset they are using.

Thanks for the help fellas, i understand.

Harzach, very good advice.