h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

Task Force 42 v0.50 beta has been submitted to Armaholic!

Congrats to the first beta release. that'll gonna be enjoyed by Wiki I guess and not only by him. Gonna download it this evening. Looking forward to it.

cheers.

Oh, my god! Finally!!!

Hey guys,

I would like to test the backlog of RWO missions from here, starting with Cimalex' Northern Ireland mission, yet the zippyshare link has expired. Could you all check and re-upload?

Cheers

Mathias

very interested to topic I want to help surely for syrian war with a fair story about all conflicted factions iclide FSA (free syrian army), al asad army, iranian qods forces, ISIS (islamic state of iraq and sham) and more.

very interested to topic I want to help surely for syrian war with a fair story about all conflicted factions iclide FSA (free syrian army), al asad army, iranian qods forces, ISIS (islamic state of iraq and sham) and more.

That would be awesome!

I thought about a Syrian war project a lot myself, but I realized that, for me at least, it would have crossed a boundary over wounds that are still very fresh. Since I am not Syrian, nor do I know anyone who is or was actually there, at most it would be some masturbatory western perspective on the situation, and at worse potentially highly offensive.

Such a project, if it really materializes, could end up attracting attention, and the question becomes whether or not you can and want to be the subject of that attention, which I assume will be mostly negative. Am I trying to dissuade? Definitely not. Is it allowed within RWO? Yes it absolutely falls within the criteria. Just be sure to tread lightly if you take it on.

I thought about a Syrian war project a lot myself, but I realized that, for me at least, it would have crossed a boundary over wounds that are still very fresh. Since I am not Syrian, nor do I know anyone who is or was actually there, at most it would be some masturbatory western perspective on the situation, and at worse potentially highly offensive.

Such a project, if it really materializes, could end up attracting attention, and the question becomes whether or not you can and want to be the subject of that attention, which I assume will be mostly negative. Am I trying to dissuade? Definitely not. Is it allowed within RWO? Yes it absolutely falls within the criteria. Just be sure to tread lightly if you take it on.

first I must say you thanks for RoadBlock mission that was awsome with only some small bugs, anyway about syrian war, I am an iranian (so sorry for my bad english and also I completely have different ideology than our regime) anyway I don't want to have political posts here if is not allowed, I am have just followed syrian war news since 2011 include military and political news and so have ideas about a long and impressive campaign about how really happened or at least seems happened (fairly) in these years, also I don't think it's matter the war is still running as it's an attrition war now.

I know about editing missions (not good as your roadblock work!) but and I think there are some mods which are enough.

thanks

first I must say you thanks for RoadBlock mission that was awsome with only some small bugs, anyway about syrian war, I am an iranian (so sorry for my bad english and also I completely have different ideology than our regime) anyway I don't want to have political posts here if is not allowed, I am have just followed syrian war news since 2011 include military and political news and so have ideas about a long and impressive campaign about how really happened or at least seems happened (fairly) in these years, also I don't think it's matter the war is still running as it's an attrition war now.

I know about editing missions (not good as your roadblock work!) but and I think there are some mods which are enough.

thanks

VoiceOfArma, I want to encourage you on making such a campaign if you feel you are familiar with the details. Let me know if you need help in testing, I'll make time for that.

Variable, from Tel-Aviv :)

VoiceOfArma, I want to encourage you on making such a campaign if you feel you are familiar with the details. Let me know if you need help in testing, I'll make time for that.

Variable, from Tel-Aviv :)

so glad to hear that ok I am ready to explain my ideas in details.

I'm wondering which groups, clans or arma communities use the missions posted on the forums.

I would really like to see some of my coop missions come to life through a playing session as do many mission makers I'm sure.

Please speak up, I got tons of mission scenarios waiting to be tried.

Edited by poudjik

Hey headup,

could you update the first post? There are a few threads floating on this forum, a few posts inside this thread without a working download link, and I am having trouble to even find the latest RWO releases and giving proper feedback that is centralised here.

:yay:[sP] Afghan Entrapment (RWO)

[sP] Afghan Entrapment (RWO) - A seek and destroy U.S. 101 Airborne Div. mission during Operation Anaconda - by CimaleX

March 2002 - Shahi-Kot Valley and Arma Mountains southeast of Zormat.

Operation Anaconda took place in early March 2002 in which the United States military and CIA Paramilitary Officers, working with allied Afghan military forces,

and other North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and non-NATO forces attempted to destroy al-Qaeda and Taliban forces.

This was the first operation in the Afghanistan theater to involve a large number of U.S. conventional (i.e. non-Special Operations Forces) forces participating in direct combat activities.

This is my second version of CWR2_Takistan_Entrapment, posted last week in this forum, further version will follow (BAF version, Pedagne Mod version).

The original mission was pretty nice, rather difficult but versatile and adaptable to various real or fictional contests, using various assets.

This time the operation will be moved to a real contest, the war on global terror in Afghanistan during 2002, critical phase of Operation Anaconda.

Player has just finished a tactical briefing at the Shahi-Kot Valley Regional uscentcom HQ, and have been updated about the last progresses made by our forces against AL-Qaida and Taliban militia.

In late January and February plans were drawn up to assault the Shahi-Kot Valley using Afghan military forces (AMF) advised and assisted by U.S. special operators, the operation was codenamed 'Operation Anaconda'.

Player will be part of this operation, leading a squad of ten soldiers belonging to 187th Infantry Regiment of the 101st Airborne Division, your target is the mounatin village of Zavarak, in the Shahi-Kot Valley, occupied by Al Qaida and Taliban forces.

This mission is rather difficult and endures about 1.10 hrs of intense firefightings against Taliban and AQ militiamen.

Addons required:

ArmA2 OA 1.63

US Military Mod (80s, 90s)

A2 OA BAF (or light version)

A2 OA PMC (or light version)

JSRS (optional)

the link to download the mission file:

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/14811453/file.html

Enjoy!

Feedback for DIH Foot Patrol

I found this RWO mission over at Armaholic.

Overview

Well made with a fitting picture and the text is explaining the historic circumstances.

Cinematics

Are missing from this build and should be added in any further update.

Briefing

Much information and well presented - just like a RWO briefing should be.

Mission

Admittedly, I could not complete this one. I really like the long, contact-less patrol at first with a hard firefight at the first guerilla base. The CAS effort at the last objective is also great to watch and very effective, but the well concealed enemies make short work of my own forces and I always end up in a crossfire with hidden enemies which I cannot solve. Please add more Portuguese troops in any potential update of the mission.

Edited by Mathias_Eichinger

Hi gents, here's my last: BAF - Afghan Trap - by CimaleX

overviewPicture_BAF_zpsf4f7634b.jpg

This is another version of my original CWR2 Takistani Trap, a very versatile counter insurgent mission adapted to various situation, the first time I mad this mission, was during 2005 still old Ofp times, using and Afghan map. Then the original old Ofp mission was converted and moved to A2 OA first with CWR2, and after involving other addons/situations.

This time it's turn of BAF mod, together with blx ridgeback IFV and again JSRS Sound mod.

Operation Panchai Palang, or Panther's Claw, was a British-led military operation of the Afghan War in Helmand Province in southern Afghanistan. It aimed to secure various canal and river crossings to establish a permanent International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) presence in the area. The Commander of the operation declared the first stage of the operation as a success on 27 July 2009.

Soon after the Taliban insurgency took root in Afghanistan large tracts of Helmand Province came under Taliban control. Of all of Afghanistan's provinces, Helmand 'has been the most difficult' for coalition forces, and holds the largest Taliban presence.

British forces deployed to Helmand in 2006, formally assuming responsibility for security in the province from US forces on 1 May 2006. In Helmand, described as 'the centre of the Taliban insurgency',they faced heavy combat and regular attacks by Taliban fighters.

The 'latest figures' show that more than 10 attacks took place each day in Helmand Province as of July 2009, and most of the nearly 170 British forces fatalities in Afghanistan since 2001 prior to Panther's Claw were caused by the Taliban in Helmand.

Panther's Claw was launched around midnight on 19th June 2009 with the stated aim of securing control of various canal and river crossings and establishing a lasting ISAF presence in an area described by Lt Col Richardson as 'one of the main Taliban strongholds' ahead of the 2009 Afghan presidential election.

In what the Ministry of Defence described as 'one of the largest air operations in modern times', more than 350 troops from The Black Watch, 3rd Battalion, Royal Regiment of Scotland (3 SCOTS),(2 Rifles) transported by twelve Chinook helicopters, deployed into Babaji Fasal, northwest of the provincial capital Lashkar Gah, in Helmand Province. The operation, which involved thirteen other aircraft—including AH-64 Apache and UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters, Harriers, unmanned aerial vehicles, and an AC-130H Spectre gunship—involved both British and American air power, and was supported by more than 150 ground forces from the Black Watch and Royal Engineers.

Taliban fighters in the area launched multiple attacks against British forces, all of which were repelled, and 3 SCOTS secured three key crossings—the Lui Mandey Wadi crossing, the Nahr e-Burgha canal the Shamalan canal and the stronghold village of Zavarak by 23rd June.

To restrict movement by Taliban forces, British troops also constructed several checkpoints to be manned by 3 SCOTS but eventually ceded to the Afghan National Police.

Panther_Claw_BAF_zps64f613eb.jpg

Needed addons:

BAF

blx_ridgeback (British IFV)

CBA

JSRS

Mission download here:

http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/18381045/file.htmlhttp://

Enjoy!

Hi all, RWO co-founder OG here. It's been many years. Apologies for disappearing, and big thanks to @mathias_eichinger for keeping RWO going on after I dropped off. My work for RWO is sadly not working for my install of A2/OA/CO due (I think) to mod updates. But after a long absence, I've fallen back into editing, this time for A3. So if you liked my work, keep an eye out for new stuff for A3, and if I can ever access my old missions, potentially some ports to A3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h34dup said:

Hi all, RWO co-founder OG here. It's been many years. Apologies for disappearing, and big thanks to @mathias_eichinger for keeping RWO going on after I dropped off. My work for RWO is sadly not working for my install of A2/OA/CO due (I think) to mod updates. But after a long absence, I've fallen back into editing, this time for A3. So if you liked my work, keep an eye out for new stuff for A3, and if I can ever access my old missions, potentially some ports to A3.

welcome back, a pity that you do not continue doing missions for ArmA2, although I have ArmA3 but I do not play it, I prefer A2CO, if you look, you will see that they have already done RWO for A3.

regards.-

Thank you @h34dup for honoring me for my contributions to RWO, sadly I have not finished creating a proper mission in years, and I do fear I have completely lost my editing skills. Sometimes, the itch is still there, but the mountain is to steep to climb again. If you would ever post a mission again, I'll be playing it for sure - your stuff was always top of the line.

Well get stoked my dude, I am nearing having one of my SP scenarios ready for release! The mountain you fear is really not that steep, many of the changes made to Eden editor make things a little easier... yes, I'm still learning and wrapping my head around it, but it's not prohibitive.

Will post here soon when I have things ready to share out, test build may be ready as soon as this weekend.

SAS WWII raid scenario on El Alamein for I44/FoW/IFA...

Hi all, would anyone here happen to have a repository of the RWO missions by any chance?

I´ve been trying to get my hands on the missions made by CimaleX for for the Guerra do Ultramar mod as part of this project, specifically:

Guinea 1972 Foot Patrol (https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/136624-spcampco-real-world-operations-rwo/?page=12&tab=comments#comment-2540647)

Strela! (https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/162929-sp-strela-rwo/)

Operacao Mar Verde – Operation Green Sea (https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/166979-sp-dih_operacao-mar-verde-operation-green-sea-rwo/)

- and Angola 1972 (https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/177492-sp-dih_angola-1972-rwo/)

+ I also bumped into a mission called DIH Mocambique 1972 on the bIdentify site (https://bidentify.jerryhopper.com/file/44192667-61f7-44bc-80a4-3c4a1a200f73), again by CimaleX for the GdU mod, but couldn´t trace it via archive.org, so I don´t know any details about it.

I´d happily take any and all of the other RWO missions as well if you have them available, but the aforementioned ones are my main targets.

If anyone could help me out, that´d be great.

Cheers.

I am searching for missions that are general day to day military operations like report to your controlling officer, get a task to transport a group to firing range, transport utility to different brigade etc. that is non combative missions ofcourse. Could anyone help me out in finding databases of such type of missions??