h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

I have been making a couple missions inspired by real events, particularly special operations which can be played in co-op. I wonder if some people would be interested to play them in group together. Here is the list:

CO-[16-32] Djebels (1971): SAS mission set during the Dhofar rebellion, recover shot down pilots corpses and survivors held prisoner map: FATA

played by the CPC community:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhofar_Rebellion

CO-[13-25] Operation Eagle Claw (1981): Delta Force mission to rescue american diplomats held hostage in Iran (you play a sub-part of the real operation, a detachement of 13 special forces were used to rescue 3 hostages held in the ministry of foreign affars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_claw map: Fallujah

CO-[16-30] Operation Mikado (1982): SAS raid on Argentinian mainland to destroy remaining Exocet missiles. map: Miroslav (old version)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mikado

CO [16-32] Hezbollah (2006): Raid conducted by an Israelian SF unit in Lebanese territory to recover 3 soldiers held hostage by the Hezbollah. map: Zargabad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Hezbollah_cross-border_raid

CO-[20-32] Operation Neptune Spear (2011): Raid in Pakistan to kill Osama Ben Laden and recover his corpse, what if scenario if it had gone wrong with Pakistan police/military intervention map:Clafghan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Osama_bin_Laden

CO[12-32] SEALS (2013): Aborted Seal Team Six raid on Somali coast to capture an Al Quaida high value target. map: Tropica

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/09/us-raid-al-shabaab-somalia-navy-seals

i'm looking for good groups of players to play and replay these epic missions, if either of you are interested. let me know!

Mission in preparation:

CO[5-32] CIA, Delta Force, SBS collective effort during the 2001 first weeks of incursion into Afghanistan. map: FATA

and potentially operation Serval (Malia) and the raid on Mollah Omar on "objective Gecko" (2001)

Edited by poudjik

@poudjik - great ideas. If you have a map pack and a server, please post it so we can check it out. I would to play if a time can be arranged.

@poudjik

I'm sure h34dup will be happy to see this and respond on his own time.

Glad to see all this work of yours.

By all means, open up another thread sponsering your missions.

If you want them to be RWO release, just take a look at the other releases by others and myself to see how it is simply done.

Basically,

1. Have the thread name to reflect it as RWO

Example: [sP/@] East Ukraine war Part1 Preview (RWO)

2. Have link, for example Wiki, to reflect it as being a real event in history within the briefing and first post of thread

3. Have the RWO stamp on an in-game picture of the first post of the thread

Thread Example, latest:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176557-SP-East-Ukraine-war-Part1-Preview-(RWO)

If you need help, just PM me and I'll do what I can for you. There is also Mathia, Nettrucker, Cimalex, Texkaz, h34dup.

Some of us are using Modul_Animations Mod for the in-game pics found here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8711&highlight=MODUL_ANIMS

Good luck!

Hi gents !

RWO_DIH Operation Mar Verde is out at the dedicated thread !

I'm not sure about the exact RWO policy, but some of the operations in Poudjik's scenarios never happened. There was no Israeli operation to rescue the captured soldiers in 2006, and operation Eagle Claw in Iran was aborted in the preparation stage.

Would be still interested to try these, looking cool! :)

Well originally RWO was about making historical missions based on events that happened. But eventually that ideal was broken down with missions that were based on abortive scenarios or taking events that could feasibly happen in the near future. Wasn't in favor of that breaking down but I'll roll with it.

Yea... I'll roll with it too :)

Still waiting for TF42

Still waiting for TF42

Pre-release PBOs are together and currently in final testing, so hang tight! :)

Dude, again, I saw you playing Elder Scrolls. Just two day ago! :bounce3:

@up

h34dup needs little break (from editing) from time to time ;) (we all need this)

@up

h34dup needs little break (from editing) from time to time ;) (we all need this)

Not me, dammit! I'm a junky! :eek:

The addon+ version or the normal version?

And how long for testing?

Dude, again, I saw you playing Elder Scrolls. Just two day ago! :bounce3:

Yeah, I was trying to uninstall and then re-install as the frame rate had become unacceptably low. Sadly, I can no longer play Skyrim because it crashes way too easily, even with all the CTD-prevention mods I had installed. So, Skyrim is gone, I've been playing Company of Heroes and some of the mods that came out for that, but this too is freezing on me, while my PS4 collects dust.

The addon+ version or the normal version?

And how long for testing?

Both versions. Not sure how long for testing, but I can say so far there are no game-breaking bugs I've come across so far. I'd have others helping but I really just need to go and test it myself since I know what to look for. And I should also note that the first release will not be perfect (in case anyone was expecting otherwise haha), there will be bugs and missing dialogue, but I just need/want to get it out there.

Unfortunately, my laptop's display adaptor needs to be serviced, so TF42 release will be delayed a little longer...maybe like a week or so.

My actual two Wip missions:

* Ukraine crisis Part 2

* An episode of the Algerian liberation war (Using recently released Franch Army units 1954-2013)

Sadly old french weapons are a bit out dated.

And need to use P85 vehicles (eg. Jeep and MAN truck)

Will use Napalm script and Fouga Magister attack plane.

Unfortunately, my laptop's display adaptor needs to be serviced, so TF42 release will be delayed a little longer...maybe like a week or so.

Too bad for you.

I hope you'll get your problem fixed soon.

Hi guys!

None of u is planning a mission that uses ace? Ups .. found East Ukraine war ... nice !!

Can u also suggest me a big terrain similar to chechenya or to south ossetia ?

Tnx

Edited by mortyfero99

See project Green sea islands.

Chechenia has been released as a terrain months ago.

Too bad for you.

I hope you'll get your problem fixed soon.

Thanks, Wiki!

Slowly but surely, I'm getting back to it -- got my laptop back Sunday, but they had to replace the HD...so I have had to start again from scratch. Of course, everything is backed up, it just takes time to get everything back in order. More updates to come!

Good news!

Hope to get my hands on it very soon ;)

Good news!

Hope to get my hands on it very soon ;)

Got A2 and OA installed again, and I was able to load up one of the missions successfully, so I should be back on track soon!

It's actually nice to start off fresh, this time I'm running the 64-bit version of Windows, things are running a lot faster, even A3, which ran really slow before.

Awesome news.

With all the "current" events Libya, Syria, Ukraine, Africa, I can't help but wonder how these events would play out in RWO.

Looking forward to new missions.

OK I have worked out as many bugs as I can, so I will pack up Task Force 42 and release soon (I hope). Sadly, I lost my test campaign build on the old HD, so I need to re-write the description.ext and test, but I'm shooting for some time this week!

Task Force 42 v0.50 beta has been submitted to Armaholic!