h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

The Nalchik idea sounds good!

@Wiki: Could you post your ideas in the appropriate RWO threads for each ArmA2 and ArmA3? Oh, and what about that campaign idea of yours?

The Nalchik idea sounds good!

Well, I mentioned that one because it has all a mission maker needs.

-Stagglers Chechen Rebles and his FSB units

-map can be from The Green Sea Project

It's a SP one mission. Could stretch it out to a mini campaign, maybe, but not sure how.

Maybe short and sweet is best....................

Just an idea. Not forcing it on you:)

Starting to get back into the groove with TF42, even though I have drastically less time than I used to.

Bonus Mission 1 - Night Raid from the Sniper's Perspective

This mission is basically done, just needs a few final things.

Bonus Mission 2 - Eagle's Summit UKSF Clearing Op

I decided on a good scenario for the second bonus mission, which both references a real operation where UKSF was involved, but helps bring one of the stories loose-ends to a close. You play as the same SBS Team Leader as you do in Missions 1, 2, and 4. This time, you are inserted ahead of a massive convoy carrying parts to repair a nearby dam to provide the region with electricity and power. You insert via chopper and are tasked with clearing ahead the convoy route, sweeping fields, clearing compounds, and protecting a team of engineers as they dismantle IEDs placed along the road. I went from feeling blah about this mission to feeling super excited.

Stay tuned!

Starting to get back into the groove with TF42, even though I have drastically less time than I used to.

Nice to see you're back in the saddle.

It's good to take a break from Editing because burn out is the norm.

I can't quite figure out why that is. I think because editing is just so darn frustrating, gives one a headache.

Looking forward to your release.

Some of the briefings do not come up in the campaign, quite odd. I had this problem in my War and Peace Campaign. I think it was because I didn't have an intro, though I don't have intro for my unsung stuff and it wasn't a problem over there. Still quite odd.

Some of the briefings do not come up in the campaign, quite odd. I had this problem in my War and Peace Campaign. I think it was because I didn't have an intro, though I don't have intro for my unsung stuff and it wasn't a problem over there. Still quite odd.

It's a weird one I agree.

As soon as you start the mission and click CONTINUE, it will show up.

Seems to be about two missions doing that.

Not a show stopper.

Mission three though didn't come up at all for me.

Hello Texkaz

good to see you're back. I don't believe it's the intro. Might be something in the init.sqf or the briefing itself. Without intro the mission should start immediately with the briefing screen once you transformed it into the pbo version.

yeah i'm back. I'm working on a big dynamic campaign sequel to my first war and peacekeepers campaign. Planning on adapting some of those missions for RWO based on the Panjshir Offensive of the Soviet-Afghan War.

Well the only reason I said it about the intro was because I put an intro on the mission that was giving me the problem and it worked. IDK why, didn't make any sense at all to me.

Edited by TexKaz

Hey guys, I love your work and campaigns, but was wondering if it was possible for you guys to setup PwS configs for it? I have to manually download all the mods, setup bat files and then play each mission. Was wondering if it would be easier to just setup a PwS profile so it also checks for the correct mods so more players would try these fantastic missions.

yeah i'm back. I'm working on a big dynamic campaign sequel to my first war and peacekeepers campaign. Planning on adapting some of those missions for RWO based on the Panjshir Offensive of the Soviet-Afghan War.

Well the only reason I said it about the intro was because I put an intro on the mission that was giving me the problem and it worked. IDK why, didn't make any sense at all to me.

Which units will you use? I tried doing something Soviet-Afghan-era for TF42 as a flashback (I think it was for TF42, can hardly remember), but I couldn't find any authentic units... maybe CWR?

Hey guys, I love your work and campaigns, but was wondering if it was possible for you guys to setup PwS configs for it? I have to manually download all the mods, setup bat files and then play each mission. Was wondering if it would be easier to just setup a PwS profile so it also checks for the correct mods so more players would try these fantastic missions.

Thanks Valken, I think this would be a great option. I will be sure to explore this for TF42 when it's ready to go -- the Addon+ version will be especially heavy, so having PwS handle things sounds like it would be a great option.

TF42 Bonus Mission 2 for the Addon+ version is roughly in the same place as Bonus Mission #1, which means the Addon+ version is getting closer to completion. Bonus Mission #2 will put you in a fictional interpretation of Operation Eagle's Summit, loosely based on the real op -- your SBS troop is tasked with clearing an especially treacherous stretch of the convoy route to Kajaki Dam in Helmand province. You will need to coordinate CAS (AH-1, GR-9), and support (MEDEVAC and a newly-developed script for Reinforcements flown in via ADuke MH-60K), in order to clear the fields and compounds of hostile ambushers, and protect engineers from 9 Para as they dismantle IEDs along the route.

Which units will you use? I tried doing something Soviet-Afghan-era for TF42 as a flashback (I think it was for TF42, can hardly remember), but I couldn't find any authentic units... maybe CWR?

Isn't CWR2 10 gigs? Absolutely insane! Anyways I am leaning more towards Project 85. They have Soviet Units specifically made for Afghanistan. I think CWR2 units are just Central European units. Big difference in appearence of kit between soldiers fighting in Afghanistan and those stationed in East Germany. And of coarse the vanilla Takistani Locals are directly inspired from the Afghan Mujahadeen. Only problem with Project 85 is it demands vilas or something like it. I wanted to equip them with vanilla or ace weapons. I wonder if I can get away with it if I put removeallweapons this and then put the vanilla weapons on the characters.

@Valken

What's a PWS config? I am unfamiliar with that.

Edited by TexKaz

@Valken

What's a PWS config? I am unfamiliar with that.

Not sure, but I think it's related with Play On Six.

Perhaps he wants the missions posted on that?

Hi guys,

I meant Play with Six utility when I typed PwS. I should have clarified instead of assuming everyone knew what that was. :D

I had upgraded to the newest PwS for Arma 3 and besides easy mod updating, it can also list and download other required mod dependencies, hence any RWO missions can be setup with all the correct and required mods in one shot.

I believe this will make it much easier for new and existing players to enjoy, without as much fuss.

Hey Valken,

You're correct about PWS. It does make things easier for downloading mods.

Matter of fact, you should be able to get most all mods that we have used in our missions from PWS.

That reminds me. Would you be interested in making a RWO mission?

We are here to assist if you need it.

Cheers!

Hi KommieKat,

I love your campaigns but I can't make missions as I'm totally script-phobic.

I do mission or product planning in reallife and would love to contribute but I'm the type of guy who lacks the hardcore tech know how. Can't draw, animate, model, sing, dance or code but have lots of ideas. Like any other useless manager in the real world. :P If anything, I just tinker a lot such as trying to play RWO with AIA/Arma 3 engine and mostly can't make scenarios due to my real life side (kids and all). I can help with testing during my personal free time away from work and family.

There is one idea that I had for a long time and that was if it was possible to make RWO use a headless client, or setup a server for coop play. The main reason is performance - Unload the AI to the HC or dedicated server. I do this for almost any SP campaign if I can get it work, especially for missions with lots of AI.

I actually add GL4 to my launch list so unloading the AI for better performance is really required.

The second option was for coop play. I can't even emphasize how awesome RWO with coop play would be. Its a no brainer to have at least 1 or X buddies playout the missions. The dynamics are totally different than with AI alone.

We really need someone who understands how to edit for COOP to join us and either convert missions or just post or point us to the process for converting them.

I love the idea of being able to play something like TF42 or Op. Roadblock with other players, but I have no idea where to start, how to test, or what to do.

Hello guys

It is nice to see that there's still some movement around ArmA CO.

I'm having a real bad burnout at the moment. I'm waiting for the UNSUNG 2.6 final release. Most of the units class names have changed Which means I have to rework Operation Wayne Grey from the beginning. Since I'm using some spawn scripts the missions are crashing. I have to correct all the class names to make the missions newly work. OWG is now voice acted. The same goes for the little project Kommiekat and myself having in the pipeline for quite some time now which is related to the Unsung MOD as well.

Same story here. We have to rework all the missions here as well and test it.

My burnout isn't helping . . . I've to force myself to open the editor. That's a first since I started playing back in OFP days. I've had some prior burnouts but nothing as strong as this time.

cheers :soldier:

If you guys want to see how to make a coop mission, checkout this one with 8 man squad against Aliens (just for reference):

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15721&highlight=ALIEN

You will need the Alienz mod from Icebreaker:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20769&highlight=ALIENZ

The mission is both single player and coop enabled. You can imagine how the dynamics would change with real players. Just depbo the mission to see how the code is setup.

If there is a need for "coop" playtesting, just let me know ahead of time. :D

In this simplest terms, to make a coop mission wouldnt all you need to do is make people playable?

@up

But you have to remember to set teamleader as Player. If you will set whole team as Playable you will have problem, you cant launch mission in SP if you do this.

Here's a small preview of these two bonus missions that will be in the Addon + version only of TF42... You'll get to play Mission 2 from the sniper team's perspective, and you'll get to tie up Charlie 22's story (sort of) in a scenario inspired by real-life Op. Eagle's Summit.

A9nM7mol.jpg

VYdxydHl.jpg