h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

........................ I've spent hours playing your campaigns and missions, especially Wiki and HeadUp.

There's plenty more to play.

Don't forget................TexKaz, Nettrucker and.....drum roll....Moi!

Hi guys, I'm curious. You have been releasing so much excellent stuff for Arma2, but now I have started playing Arma3. Shouldn't you guys start making campaigns in Arma3? Im pretty surprised by the lack of good user made content that we got so used to in Arma2. I've spent hours playing your campaigns and missions, especially Wiki and HeadUp.

Well I personally haven't bought ArmA 3 and it's the first game iteration I'm not buying from BIS since CWC release and I never thought the day would come. I don't know if you are into mission making but it's most of the time fighting flaws of the game. I already have a flawed game called ArmA CO with all expansions hence there's no need for me to buy a new flawed game. ArmA 3 for me is an "old turd in a new shiny box".

ArmA 3 is lacking a lot of content for mission making so I don't bother. Maybe in a year or so there will be more content. Be aware that making campaigns and missions as well are very time consuming. Naturally if you don't bother with cutscenes - briefings - or other stuff than you can quickly put some things together. I personally dislike incomplete missions which are lacking markers objectives not even to mention intro's and outro's. There are a lot of missions out there which are lacking this stuff.

In any case I won't continue editing for long I will finish maybe all my unfinished projects one day without setting any deadline.

cheers :)

Well I personally haven't bought ArmA 3 and it's the first game iteration I'm not buying from BIS since CWC release and I never thought the day would come. I don't know if you are into mission making but it's most of the time fighting flaws of the game. I already have a flawed game called ArmA CO with all expansions hence there's no need for me to buy a new flawed game. ArmA 3 for me is an "old turd in a new shiny box".

ArmA 3 is lacking a lot of content for mission making so I don't bother. Maybe in a year or so there will be more content. Be aware that making campaigns and missions as well are very time consuming. Naturally if you don't bother with cutscenes - briefings - or other stuff than you can quickly put some things together. I personally dislike incomplete missions which are lacking markers objectives not even to mention intro's and outro's. There are a lot of missions out there which are lacking this stuff.

In any case I won't continue editing for long I will finish maybe all my unfinished projects one day without setting any deadline.

cheers :)

Are you saying you hatred my missions? They hadn't intro nor outro ;-)

Funny to see that, finally, I'm not the only one quitting edition/mission making.

Well, we're not Nightstalkers, are we?

I also can't force myself to make missions or campaigns for A3 so you guys are not alone ;)

Are you saying you hatred my missions? They hadn't intro nor outro ;-)

Funny to see that, finally, I'm not the only one quitting edition/mission making.

Well, we're not Nightstalkers, are we?

No I don't hate your missions. Don't get me wrong with that. Yeah I know that intro's and outro's are missing and it's a pity especially when it comes to campaigns. If you invent yourself a plot for a campaign than this should be explained with the help cutscenes to get the player immersed into the story.

I consider personally a mission as complete when it features everything what a BIS default mission would include. Intro's outro's cutscenes. Working briefings with linked markers and on top of that voice acting. If a mission features all this it is most likely to catch my attention immediately. Unfortunately they are a lot of missions out there which are lacking part of these important aspects in mission editing. Not a lot of mission makers are striving to get a complete mission done with all these features. And voice acted missions are not too many in the vast mission depository on the various dedicated fan sites. I'm not saying that I enjoy missions less if they are lacking some stuff. There is excellent stuff been released for ArmA 2 or CO your creations included.

But don't worry everyone has his measure to value what is a good mission and what is crap. If a mission is even lacking basic stuff like briefings or markers I'm less inclined to even try the mission.

I know that you understand that being a mission maker yourself.

@ Tom

hey I didn't even buy ArmA 3 and I'm reading on the forum a lot of stuff about ArmA 3 But the only thing I wished for that they would release a polished and complete game. ArmA 3 was definitely a less worse launch than it's predecessors but it has still flaws dating from OFP times. I wished they would fix some things so that mission making at times wouldn't be so damn frustrating. I will take a long break after a couple of things which are in pipeline but are on hold. UNSUNG 2.6 will hopefully be released soon so that I can release a fully voice acted version of Operation Wayne Grey and there's also another little surprise.

As for the break I rediscovered the beauty of the Cry engine which is as fascinating to me as the ArmA engine. As soon as the Unsung 2.6 will be released I will release my stuff and dedicate myself to something else.

cheers :D

This is sad news indeed! But I give you a big thank you for everything you've done!

@nettrucker

I was just teasing you buddy :P

That's really sad news, seeing 2 very comptent mission makers go... Myself, I am waiting for more contemporary content to come out, but I am already loving the different stances and how you can customize uniforms and weapons. With TPW mods, this is a very promising game.

Hey, and you forgot my released stuff. ;)

Ahhhhhh! So sorry!

I forgot you and cimalex!

Bad on me:(

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

@ Tom

hey I didn't even buy ArmA 3 and

Don't worry, buddy!

We've all decided to pitch in and buy you A3.

Muahahahahahahahahaha!

Hey guys, just telling you that ArmA 3 Map pack has reached version 1.4. What does that mean? All Arma2 maps, even the DLC ones are available for mission making, since you can save any creations now. :yay:

I will finish my CLSA mission pack and then I will definitely cook something up in A3 - you are missing out on opportunities gentlemen.

Hey guys, just telling you that ArmA 3 Map pack has reached version 1.4. What does that mean? All Arma2 maps, even the DLC ones are available for mission making, since you can save any creations now. :yay:

I will finish my CLSA mission pack and then I will definitely cook something up in A3 - you are missing out on opportunities gentlemen.

Also, don't forget, if you have the time, to port A2 RWO thread to A3. You know that you've been asked to do this by both h34dup and myself, right?

Ah, ok, I did not realize that there was already a "GO" decision in the sense of "who does it". ;). I'll do it in the near future!

It's all yours, bro.

Have fun!

Exercise Friendship 86: Watch is the 5th and final mission for my CSLA mission pack. It has brought the version number of the pack to 1.4 and you can download it here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170430-SP-Exercise-Friendship-86-%28RWO%29

Other news: The Arma 3 user missions section has its own RWO thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?174528-SP-CAMP-CO-Real-World-Operations-%28RWO%29

Edited by Mathias_Eichinger

European theatre with Ukraine?

This looks like quite the interesting download, hoping to get this running on a dedicated soon.

A new RWO mission has been released:

(RWO) WakhanCorridor Part2

link:

http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/27295873/file.html

An RWO new mission by CimaleX.

Continuation of RWO_WakhanCorridor_Pt1 made by Kommiekat, thanks for his great idea about this possible situation.

The Plot:

February 2014 - Wakhan corridor, north-east Afghanistan.

Wakhan Corridor is commonly used as a synonym for Wakhan, an area of far north-eastern Afghanistan which forms a land link between Afghanistan and China.

The Corridor is a long and slender panhandle or salient, roughly 140 miles (220 km) long and between 10 and 40 miles (16 and 64 km) wide.

Since last January the chinese government wanted to stop once and for all the continuous intrusions into the Xinjiang region from the Tegger Mansu area in the Wakhan corridor, these activities are claimed as illegal and potentially dangerous by the chinese, while afghan authorities deny anything more than ordinary movements of livestock and traders from the tribal areas of the corridor to the bordering Xinjiang region.

Smugglers, common criminals and drug traffickers make their trips from the corridor to Xinjiang under the eyes of the afghan autorities (according to the chinese) causing more than a headache to the central government in Peking, last year chinese border police arrested a dozen or so of terrorist linked to the Taliban insurgency network, and asked afghan government and ISAF to intervene immediately.

ISAF and NATO responded involving the afghan government, who simply ignored the chinese requests and asked instead China to open the border in the Wakhan Corridor for economic reasons, or as an alternative supply route for fighting the Taliban.

Tired of their incompetence the chinese leaders asked PLA to occupy a little strip of land in an area named Tegger Mansu, taking control of an old but still functioning oil rig. The chinese claim the oil rig is used mainly as a support base for smugglers and traffickers, but the afghan government deny this allegations.

The truth behind all, is that an american oil company has secretly discovered consistent oil and natural gas reserves under the Tegger Mansu soil, and the chinese govt. aknowledge the potential of the corridor and starts discussing the disputed borders between Afghanistan with the purpose to seize its underground natural resources.

Now the oil rig is occupied by a company of the PLA 191st Division - 17th mechanised Rgt, afghan and CIA intelligence spotted well trained and equipped troops, supported by several offroads, trucks and APCs (ZBD-97, Type 99, Type 90 etc...)

The following weeks were characterised by intense but fruitless diplomatic actions between the afghan government and Peking, chinese authorities declare that now thanks to the chinese military presence the disputed area is clear of illegal and potentially terrorist activities, but the afghan president Mr. Karzhai wants the chinese out of the Wakhan corridor soon, and mobilised ANA (Afghan National Army) best units, among these the 207th Corps (Herat) – 1st Brigade from Herat, 2nd Brigade from Farah, and elements (two Kandaks) from Shindand (including commandos). A number of APCs and old MBTs (BPMs, T-55s and M-113s) plus several modern wheeled vehicles (armed Humvees and pickups) with a number of combat helicopters (Mil-17 and Mil-24) arrived in the corridor for the confrontation with the chinese.

Operation Tegger Mansu Thunder is going to start.

Overwiev picture:

Wakhan_overviewPicture2_zpsf29e817a.jpg

Addons needed:

ArmA2 OA or combined Operations vers. 1.62

vme pla mod

SGW_Afghan (ANA and Afghan National Police)

@CBA

ACEX_SM (Optional)

Right on, bro!

Keep them coming. Downloading now.

NOTE:

Had linking problem at Armaholic. Might want to contact the boys over there......4/7/'14, 13:00 HK time.

@Cimalex,

I am pretty sure this never happened. Point of RWO is to portray things that happened. It's the whole point of this mission maker collective.

Ok, I'm done shitting on your parade. Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed the mission.

@Cimalex,

Ok, I'm done shitting .

Actually we accept poo and pee. Also spilled beer and big smelly titties. :bounce3:

I played through WakhanCorridor Part 1 yesterday in preparation for Part 2 and it was totally awesome, albeit a tad hard @ veteran level with GL4 AI mod. :D

Great job guys!

Hey all, sorry I've been MIA for so long. Work-life balance has been non-existent and I haven't had time to do much of anything else. However, I got some time and energy to work on TF42 this past weekend and last night, I'm still quite excited for people to play it. The project has never left the back of my mind and I'm determined to get it out one way or another no matter what.

Most recent updates are some bonus missions for the Addon+ version, which will help bridge some technical gaps with the intros/outros and the special Addon+ version of the last mission, which takes place on a different map. One bonus mission is nearly to 100% completion, you get to play as the sniper team shown in an intro to Mission 2 in both the Lite and Addon+ versions. Stealth and surveillance meet a cool alternate perspective on a mission you will have already played through. The other bonus mission is in ideation phase but shouldn't take long to finish off. Then it will come down to just tying everything up and submitting to Armaholic.

As for the future of the RWO initiative, I want to be involved as I can but obviously I don't have the bandwidth to be the official leader this project deserves. I'm confident the initiative will live on and thrive thanks to the involvement and dedication of the team as a whole, and when I can contribute I plan to, both in terms of getting out my A2/OA projects, and migrating to doing stuff for A3.

Good to hear that you are still aboard headup, I am looking forward to your creations. Right now I am lacking the right creative inspiration to do a mission either in Arma2 or Arma3, but I am not out of the loop either.

Well I could give you ideas of scenarios for both ArmA 2 and 3 if you want.