h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

D'you have any URL for that?

And then get your head back to that grindstone!

Yeah! No more Skyrim and other games I SEE YOU PLAYING on STEAM!!:dance1:

Exercise Friendship 86 has got a new addition: A third mission featuring flying the CSLA Hind helo. Please check it out at:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170430-SP-Exercise-Friendship-86-%28RWO%29

Now to something completely different:

What do you guys think about duplicating this thread in the A3 forums section? The first "realistic" addons are out, and I think there can be real world operations featuring ArmA 3 as well.

Cheers

Mathias

Exercise Friendship 86 has got a new addition: A third mission featuring flying the CSLA Hind helo. Please check it out at:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170430-SP-Exercise-Friendship-86-%28RWO%29

What do you guys think about duplicating this thread in the A3 forums section? The first "realistic" addons are out, and I think there can be real world operations featuring ArmA 3 as well.

Cheers

Mathias

Cool, thanks for the ongoing additions to Ex. Friendship 86, Mathias! I've updated the description in the first post to note the third mission.

As for something completely different, RWO in A3, I don't have A3 installed at the moment (tho I plan to re-install once TF42 is out to attempt an AiA playthrough and play Ep. 2 of the campaign), but I am all for the initiative extending into A3. I think maybe Kommiekat should take charge of the A3 thread, as he is more active in general and with A3.

Also, KK, if you were an astute Steam peeper, you'd see most of my free-time over the past week or two has been playing Company of Heroes 2 -- I discovered the pause key on my keyboard and have been crushing the fascisti whenever I can get the three hours needed to complete one campaign mission. ;-)

Edited by h34dup

Hi gentlemen,

this time I made my last RWO mission in the european theatre, specifically in Northern Ireland.

I am proud to show my latest mission: BAF/CWR2 the Troubles - Part.1 - Northern Ireland 1985- A counter terrorism british army patrol in Northern Ireland.

By CimaleX - v1.01

WARNING: No political issues, I don't want to support or criticise anyone, no pro-british, no pro-IRA, it's just a possible mission with a logical historical background.

Troubles_overviewPicture_zps365bd7e5.jpg

The story: March 1986, Ballygawley, County Tyrone - Northern Ireland. Last 7th December 1985 the Provisional Irish Republican Army (P)IRA attacked the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC) base at Ballygawley, County Tyrone. Two RUC officers are shot dead and the base is raked with gunfire before being completely destroyed by a bomb, which wounds a further three officers.

The player's mission: You will have indirect control over a platoon of british troops patrolling an area of Ballygawley, County Tyrone.

A Land Rover full of SAS troops will lead the patrol, a Bedford full of 3-Para Rgt paratroopers will follow.

A Westland Lynx and a Chinook HC-1 will come to support in case of Medevac and reinforcements are needed.

Your first objective for the day will be joining SAS troops inside a village just secured by our troops together with RUC elements.

You as a skilled 3-Para officer with several tours in this County, have the duty to join and guide newly arrived SAS D-Troops members from Hereford into the County, your first patrol together with SAS and a 3-Para squad is aimed to secure the roads and villages around Satnamarra and Ballybrian, pursuing IRA activities and confiscate their weapons and equipment.

Here's the download link:

http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/83078019/file.html

Addons required:

ArmA2 OA vers. 1.62 or higher

BAF (or BAF lite)

CWR2 lates version

BAF/CWR2 expansion

NL/CWR2 expansion

Bushlurker Carraigdubh geotypical terrain

Colonel Stagler' IRA guerrillas

Cheers

Mathias

Cool, thanks for the ongoing additions to Ex. Friendship 86, Mathias! I've updated the description in the first post to note the third mission.

As for something completely different, RWO in A3, I don't have A3 installed at the moment (tho I plan to re-install once TF42 is out to attempt an AiA playthrough and play Ep. 2 of the campaign), but I am all for the initiative extending into A3. I think maybe Kommiekat should take charge of the A3 thread, as he is more active in general and with A3.

Also, KK, if you were an astute Steam peeper, you'd see most of my free-time over the past week or two has been playing Company of Heroes 2 -- I discovered the pause key on my keyboard and have been crushing the fascisti whenever I can get the three hours needed to complete one campaign mission. ;-)

Firstly, I think this is a fabulous idea. Getting a RWO thread going in the semi-early stages of A3 can possibly bring in more mission makers who are interested in editing historical battles and so forth.

Perhaps a link from the A3 RWO section to the A2 RWO would be advisable.

I would hope that h34dup could kindly copy/paste the first page, minus the A2 references and send it over to someone (Mathias perhaps?)

Secondly, I put aside my A3 campaign that I was working on because I prefer to wait for A3 to mature a bit more.

Also, I've got 3 A2 RWO campaigns I am now working on, at the same time and still enjoy A2 a lot, though occationally, I do play A3 SP missions.

So, with that said, I'd be happy to be a good Second in command as I have done so here for anybody you would entrust it to, for help and assistance.

Personally, I think Mathias would be a great lead on the A3 RWO section.

I would also support cimalex as well.

Lastly, I would also like to extend a RWO signature to cimalex, Mathias and nettrucker for their contributions to the thread.

To anybody else reading this, please feel free to contribute a mission or campaign to RWO and get your FREE RWO signature! Yea!!

WEAR IT WITH PRIDE, Bratha's and Sista's!!

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Hi gentlemen,

this time I made my last RWO mission in the european theatre, specifically in Northern Ireland.

I am proud to show my latest mission: BAF/CWR2 the Troubles - Part.1 - Northern Ireland 1985- A counter terrorism british army patrol in Northern Ireland.

By CimaleX - v1.01

Hey cimalex!

I'm looking forward to this!

Please, by all means, create your own thread for this mission (and others you've done) as well so as to get the word out about it.

Edited by Kommiekat

Yay, how do I get that cool RWO signature?

Ok, I can lead any A3 RWO section, provided I don't curb Cimalex' enthusiasm for leadership. ;) Headup, do you want to start a thread in the A3 forums section or should anybody from us take over from the start?

@Mat at the bottom of the first post, there's a code snippet with the signature.

@cimalex-- How come the player and some units in the "Troubles" mission are wearing OA BAF Woodland DPM and not units from CWR2? I was looking fwd to looking like a badass and was surprised to find my character wearing modern gear.

Jus beacuse I wanted to add some "variety" or better, because the BAF charachters look better than CWR2 chaps.

Anyone I am going to make a further improvement in this mission in two version:

V.1.03 - With all CWR2 references.

v.1.04 - With all BAF references and no CWR, possibly with ACE.

I hope you enjoyed it.

^^ why not CWR+ACE version? i always use full ACE package but i'd like to try CWR mod too. anyways, nice mission!

Jus beacuse I wanted to add some "variety" or better, because the BAF charachters look better than CWR2 chaps.

Anyone I am going to make a further improvement in this mission in two version:

V.1.03 - With all CWR2 references.

v.1.04 - With all BAF references and no CWR, possibly with ACE.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Damn nice mission.

I'll try to update versions as well.

Did you manage to finish the mission with success?

When will you release the DIH african campaign for Guerra du Ultramar?

Can't wait...

Did you manage to finish the mission with success?

When will you release the DIH african campaign for Guerra du Ultramar?

Can't wait...

On mission 7 now. Honestly, I just don't know when and how to finish it, that being the most difficult part of the campaign.:eek:

I'm hoping before the end of this weekend, this before end of month for sure.

Quite honestly, they are very simple edited mission with very little complexity or any new innovations in editing. Just kept it simple as in KISS.

Your mission gets quite difficult at the second portion, so I stopped to rest and continue the camp. I'll get back to it and also your new one out.

Damn son, you're on a roll! Keep them coming. Sure is a nice little MOD Dimitri put out.

And don't forget your SIG if you want it!:)

How is TF42 going, headup?

Did you implement ADuke choppers as suggested?

I wish to know what do you guys think about making now mission with new Ukrainian Armed Forces units against russian (I was able to find an updated link in the Ukrainian site) troops in Chernarus or alternative island.

This beacuse it's difficult to make fictional wars while in the Real Life hundreds of people are potentially risking their lives or living their last days...

What do you think?

I wish to know what do you guys think about making now mission with new Ukrainian Armed Forces units against russian (I was able to find an updated link in the Ukrainian site) troops in Chernarus or alternative island.

This beacuse it's difficult to make fictional wars while in the Real Life hundreds of people are potentially risking their lives or living their last days...

What do you think?

It's a tough task, but I say go for it.

What do you think?

Are there Ukrainian units? I had no idea. Are they Independents, Opfor or both?

Ukrainian armed forces are available at the dedicated site and OA forum therad (discussion), updated version only in Ukrainian language, comprises marines, mechanised, recons, tanks vehicles etc...

After the positive feedback, I will try to make a mission about a "scaramouche" (minor firefighting) between russian federation forces and ukrainians infantry in Elektrozavodsk, Cheranrus.

Hope than in RL the thing will be solved peacefully.

How is TF42 going, headup?

Did you implement ADuke choppers as suggested?

Hey Wiki - I did implement ADuke's choppers into the Addon+ version, and they are really looking great!

I have been completely swamped between work and my recent purchase of a PS4, but TF42 WILL come out one way or another. I also got sidetracked for a while playing the A3 Adapt campaign and then started porting some of the custom support scripts used in TF42 for medic and attack chopper support to A3 - good news is that they work fantastically!

Recently, I've just been overloaded with work, travelling, and recently, playing with my new toy - the PS4. However, as soon as I can, I may just pack up the camp and release it as-is, but I know RCMW was tweaking things and making welcome improvements the last time we spoke.

You can add other assets, like F-16 (codename in Afgha was "Rammit"), F-15 ("Dude"), etc...

BTW, I hope you've given the right name to the air assets ("Ugly" for the Apaches, "Recoil" for the Harrier, etc...)

Hi guys, I'm curious. You have been releasing so much excellent stuff for Arma2, but now I have started playing Arma3. Shouldn't you guys start making campaigns in Arma3? Im pretty surprised by the lack of good user made content that we got so used to in Arma2. I've spent hours playing your campaigns and missions, especially Wiki and HeadUp.