h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

Hi Kommiekat

Ah c'mon man he's new here on the forums and might be new to the ArmA series as well. How the heck is he supposed to make missions or a campaign if he's new or just a player. There are lot's of people playing and lot of others find more joy in editing.

Hello! Please create a mission "Operation Desert Storm" with any add ons. The main thing that it was actually. And 101 Airborne in Afghanistan.

This one features the 101st in Afghanistan, semi-Real World (if you can excuse the presence of M16s in the hands of the regular soldiers). It's based on Op. Surak Basta III.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18581

I also have a Desert-Storm SOF scenario I started but never finished, need to finish the exfil phase of the mission. It uses Delta Hawks 80s 90s 2000s US Mil addon, as well as BB OA Mercs for watch caps. I was planning to have a whole second part of the mission involving USMC search and rescue, but that's probably not going to happen...

Hi Kommiekat

Ah c'mon man he's new here on the forums and might be new to the ArmA series as well. How the heck is he supposed to make missions or a campaign if he's new or just a player. There are lot's of people playing and lot of others find more joy in editing.

Actually, I was offering my help.

First, to learn about editing, one needs only to dive into it and giving him a small project like investigating what addons would be needed would get the ball rolling as well as get him to start thinking about the story, maps and units and so forth.

Secondly, I don't have too much time for that particular project, but I would offer assistance, hence, giving him greater control of the project, making it "His" thing.

He just needs encouragement.

tu capisci?

Actually, I was offering my help.

First, to learn about editing, one needs only to dive into it and giving him a small project like investigating what addons would be needed would get the ball rolling as well as get him to start thinking about the story, maps and units and so forth.

Secondly, I don't have too much time for that particular project, but I would offer assistance, hence, giving him greater control of the project, making it "His" thing.

He just needs encouragement.

tu capisci?

Capisco!!!

Might have interpreted your reply wrongly. LOL :)

Cheers

Got a chance to test this FATA-version of Mission 6 of the Addon+ version from start to finish last night. Not to toot my own horn, but it was one of the most enjoyable missions I've played in Arma.

I ended up capping a video of one of my favorite moments of my playthrough-- knowing the challenge objective for this particular assassination task was to take out the target using one of his own IEDs, I found a very nice vantage point and sniped the sucker from almost 600m away!

I also put the laser-accurate L115A3 to good use in an earlier challenge objective, sniping out one of the targets, and then devastating the Talibs surrounding him outside of one of their notorious madrassahs. This unlocked the sniper position as a fast-travel point, so getting in and out of the AO and my safehouse was much faster.

Experiences like this are not far away...stay tuned!

Capisco!!!

Might have interpreted your reply wrongly. LOL :)

Cheers

It's OK, bro.

I could have better written it to not have come off so hard as I may have.

Thanks for your keen eye!

Exercise Friendship 86: Strike

is the second mission for my upcoming mission pack (campaign). If features a tank assault across the border into enemy territory. Please check it out and provide feedback in my thread which an be found here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170430-SP-Exercise-Friendship-86-%28RWO%29

Cheers

Mathias

Good stuff, Mathias! I've updated the first post in the thread to add that there's a second mission in the existing Exercise Friendship entry. Let me know if you think this warrants a separate entry or if it's cool to keep all missions related to this project in one.

Also, so people don't miss it at the bottom of the last page, a brief teaser video from my testing session with the final mission of the Addon+ version of Task Force 42. Release is not far off --

^^^

Was wondering what the heck you were shooting at so many times until it exploded. I stained my eyes to see.

I suppose that will be in a hint or briefing. You have those scattered throughout the village.

Also, the cell phone/sat-phone. Nice touch!

Hey Headup, updating my entry is totally as I intended to since the missions should end up being a campaign - no second entry needed, at least not if I receive some feedback anyway.

P.S: Your video looks great...looking forward to your mission.

^^^

Was wondering what the heck you were shooting at so many times until it exploded. I stained my eyes to see.

I suppose that will be in a hint or briefing. You have those scattered throughout the village.

Also, the cell phone/sat-phone. Nice touch!

Yes, the task description explains the AQ invaded the village, drove out all the residents, and set up some two-dozen IEDs on all the roads leading in and out of the village center (so you know that's where the target is). They are not armed unless the player is spotted in the vicinity. Whether armed or not, they're highly dangerous, and if shot will explode. For the challenge, you have to use one of two IEDs planted directly-next to the target's building to kill him.

Sounds great! Don't give away too much too soon. I'll wait until you release this bad boy!

Also, again, I'll need your help with the RWO transparency for the Load Pic.

I've got a 3-4 mission mini camp coming out with the Portuguese Colonial MOD soon.

Lastly, expect a few UNSUNG missions from nettrucker and myself based on RWO..........

Good thing we made this thread, yes?

Hi gents,

here's my first RWO mission for DIH_Africa Guerra do Ultramar.

First of all the mission pic:

Foot_overviewPicture_zps9b41d45f.jpg

RWO/DIH Guerra do Ultramar - Guinea 1972 Foot Patrol- A counter insurgency mission in Portugese Guinea - By CimaleX - v1.00 A mission for DIH Guerra do Ultramar.

The mission: Operation - fogo na floresta - (Operation fire in the forest).

The plan is rather simple, we have three main infantry groups ALPHA GROUP (you belong to this unit) BRAVO GROUP and CHARLIE GROUP comprising five men plus an NCO, every squad has a machinegunner and almost an engineer (called picador) able to detect mines and booby traps, all in all the platoon is made by over 20 fuzileiros.

Our task is to take or equipment, mount on vehicles, and reach a village and the nearby plantation, attacked by PAIGC guerrillas.

We might find or not resistance in or around the plantation, they might wait us there, or hidden inside the forest while trying to escape, or make an ambush typical of their tactics.

Your duty is to give suppression fire with your FN-MAG 7.62 machinegun, due to your recent promotion to corporal you are n°3 in command of the squad, in the eventuality one or both your fellow NCOs are killed or injured, you will take control of the squad.

Infantry patrol is the most successful Portuguese tactic in this war.

The main objective of the portugese Fuzileiros unit is to patrol and inspect of the forest in the vicinity of a plantation close a certain village attacked by the PAIGC. Once the first task have been completed (and be sure that PAIGC have attacked the plantation and the village killing people and burning huts and goods) we have to start the securing ops according to H.Q. orders: Move by foot patrols out of the ordinary dirt tracks and trails and start controlling the forest from north to south, find the guerrillas and eliminate them.

CAS will be supplied by FIAT G-91 fighter bombers and Alouette III armed choppers if requested.

Addons needed:

ArmA2 OA vers. 1.62 or higher

DIH Guerra do Ultramar

@CBA

ACE_SM (Optional just for more realsim)

The link to download the mission (DIH_Foot_patrol.7z)is here:

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/23592019/file.html

Hope you will enjoy, soon itwill also be released by Armaholic frontpage mirror.

Great stuff, cimalex! I remember seeing these releases on Armaholic and thinking how they would be appropriate for the RWO initiative.

I gave this one and the Mozambique missions a play-through and really enjoyed the addon, the setting, and the detailed scenario. Good work, looking forward to future releases. I'll add this to the first post.

@h34dup:

Thanks for the positive feedback, if you guys have everything to ask or to suggest for future releases please let me know.

The mission is quite simple but based on a real scenario and plausible events.

Next missions will be about a PAIGC party trying to ambus portugese planes using Strela SA-7 AAM (DIH_Africa again), plus another one based on "the Troubles" in Northern Irleand using Bush' Carrahigdub terrain and CWR2 BAF troops.

I like that pic you used in post #288. I don't know how you got that guy to kneel with the rifle leaning like that, but that's a damn fine pic.

Give a look into "Modul_Anims".

You'll find many other kneel or run or standing positions.

Cheers

Maybe you could help out on that?

Get a list of addons and maps you would need and lets go from there.

I live in Russia, we have your army and its operations are presented with a distorted (I think so). Therefore I see her eyes of an American soldier and try to understand the reasons, without our censorship. Desert Storm - I think the coolest U.S. operation, and 101 Airborne I'm interested in its history, my favorite unit in the U.S. Army. I know how to create a mission, but I can not create about what you do not know. I write through the translator google, ask me in advance so very sorry.

I live in Russia, we have your army and its operations are presented with a distorted (I think so). Therefore I see her eyes of an American soldier and try to understand the reasons, without our censorship. Desert Storm - I think the coolest U.S. operation, and 101 Airborne I'm interested in its history, my favorite unit in the U.S. Army. I know how to create a mission, but I can not create about what you do not know. I write through the translator google, ask me in advance so very sorry.

If you have access to google or you tube you should be good to go for some research.

Hello Dimid!

Here is a start for your research. It's the Russian version:

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%92%D0%BE%D0%B9%D0%BD%D0%B0_%D0%B2_%D0%9F%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B4%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC_%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%B5

Here is the English version:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War

Start from this. Find a battle you would like to learn about and teach others.

Then, check out the images for uniforms and maps.

Go to Armaholic---->Downloads:

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=files

Units

Find the addons you need. There are many maps and units.

I suggest these:

US Military Mod Version 0.82

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162768-US-Military-Mod-(80s-90s)

Maps

I suggest BIS maps built into the game:

Desert/Zargabad/Takistan

or

Addon Maps:

Baghdad

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10702

Start with these.

If you have any questions, you can PM me or nettrucker.

nettrucker is not a very busy guy and has lots of time on him. He sits and drinks Italian wine all day.......:803:

Quick update on TF42:

RCMW and I are collaborating on the final stretch. He had some time to test the latest build out, and he came back with some great suggestions for improvements and tweaks. Fortunately, he has the bandwidth to make the changes while I toil away in the office by day, then I'll have time to apply my changes this weekend. So, things are definitely moving, hopefully we can see a release in the next couple weeks!

Quick update on TF42:

RCMW and I are collaborating on the final stretch. He had some time to test the latest build out, and he came back with some great suggestions for improvements and tweaks. Fortunately, he has the bandwidth to make the changes while I toil away in the office by day, then I'll have time to apply my changes this weekend. So, things are definitely moving, hopefully we can see a release in the next couple weeks!

Great news keep it up. I'm glad to see that ArmA II isn't completely dead and still gets some love, although it has gone quite in the ArmA 2 section.

cheers

Edited by nettrucker

For sure. I should mention that after seeing Jester's awesome videos of Lions of Kandahar being played using All-in-Arma, that I plan and intend to explore AiA-compatibility for TF42.

For sure. I should mention that after seeing Jester's awesome videos of Lions of Kandahar being played using All-in-Arma, that I plan and intend to explore AiA-compatibility for TF42.

Yeah about that,I found out that most campaigns that don't include the i44 and UNS mod are AiA compatible with AiA.So hopefully that was good news

D'you have any URL for that?

And then get your head back to that grindstone!