h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

Hello h34dup

I'm not aware if something is missing. Kommiekat is on holidays and Texkaz is working on the other Nam campaign if I'm not wrong, but I can't tell at what stage he is.

cheers

No worries, nothing's wrong, that part of my post was addressed at the rest of the RWO roster actually.

Guys PLEASE PLEASE start making coop missions

There is a depressing lack of realistic, well made cooperative missions for ArmA 2, and the worst part is that they do exist, its just for some really weird and utterly grating reason, none of it gets released to the public and all the good missions are kept private among their respective clans and its this silly "join our group if you want to play" mentality. As a result, you have to comb through armaholic for one or two decent missions among a sea of over the top whack a mole missions that make me think I'm playing COD not arma 2, pitting a few players against the population of a small island nation.

Hi,

In "Operation Roadblock", nothing happens when I report to the police chief: what do I do wrong ? It seems that a trigger isn't working.

Hi Gemini-- did you report to the Captain at the staging area first? Only thing I can think of would be that, as I'm pretty sure talking to the Captain adds the action to talk to the ANP chief.

Thank you h34dup, I read too fast and I skipped this part. Sorry for inconvenience.

No problem, Gemini-- I've been meaning to release an update for Roadblock for a while, but I might need to re-record a bunch of voice lines in order to correct the radio callsigns, which don't follow correct US convention.

Task Force 42 is now in RCMW's hands for initial testing, and he's going to contribute a really cool mission to make this a 6-mission campaign!

Be ready for a TON of information in the briefings if you like that kind of thing.

And the "Addon+" version is going to kick ass with the NEWLY UPDATED L119A1 pack, L128A1 Shotgun, and the brutally powerful L115A3 Sniper Rifle (with devastating SD variant). Plus KYO MH47E SOAR's and Yura Petrov Blackhawks for realistic American-supplied transport and Pararescue MEDEVAC support. And the rare but solid Tonali SF desert CT units (the guys in the foreground http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ardvarkdb/TSF5_zps5bb39931.jpg ), with BB OA Merc detailing. Definitely worth running it with all the addons if you are a true Armaholic.

Chris Kyle release is sadly lagging due to a lack of voice acting... I'm seriously considering just doing an initial release without voice for now. I have some of the voices but not all, and none for the few Polish characters I have.

It could be interesting making some missions on the Nagorno/Karabakh conflict.

Task Force 42 is making progress... slowly but surely. Yesterday I got M1 rigged up with briefings, tasks, dialogue, etc. But it took an entire day to do just one mission. Five to go, then voice acting and intro/outro... then Addon + version.

Here's a little teaser-- the fictional JPEL-listed HVT you pursue throughout the campaign. Codename "BLACK SHADOW". Along with two of his subordinates you will also come into contact with.

Black Shadow -- primary HVT (his dossier is teased earlier in this thread here)

vVmxf2Dl.jpg

Person of Interest from Mission 2 -- you want to take this guy alive

yyI2yzwl.jpg

Second in Command from Mission 4 -- you are after both this guy and Black Shadow on his home turf

EcJqSAil.jpg

Just finished rigging up the tasks, brief, debrief and dialogue for Mission 2...good progress, 4 to go.

Looking for some people to help play test Task Force 42 missions in a private BETA!

If interested in some private beta testing, please reply here in this thread or refer to the thread I started on OFPEC:

http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=36375

Looking to complete testing this month so I can focus on getting voice acting together and do the intro/outro and Addon+ version.

Hey mate,I'm a really big fan of you're work,I'd love to test the private beta of Task Force 42,and I'm ready to provide feedback,also good work on the Lions of Kandahar camp,if this is 50% of it,its gonna be better than any other mission,hell I like LoK more than Harvest Red,and Op. Arrowhead.So yeah,I'm glad to test it.

Regards,

Deny.

PM sent, thanks a lot guys!

Missions 1, 2, 3, and 4 are fully together, 5 is mostly there, and 6 has a little left to do for tasks.

Next step is voice acting, intro/outro, and Addon+. Hoping for a mid-to-late August release.

A few more testers are welcome if anyone else is interested.

Mate,I tried all of 'em and I bloody love them,way better than any other campaign on armaholic that's not from R.W.O.Thanks for providing all these missions and campaigns for the community.All feedback,positive.Better than harvest red.

PM sent, thanks a lot guys!

Missions 1, 2, 3, and 4 are fully together, 5 is mostly there, and 6 has a little left to do for tasks.

Hey man, I look forward to helping out on this.

Only thing is, I want to test a mission someone has not picked yet.

Reason being, it will spoil it for me once the real deal is released. I hope you understand.

Could you PM me with one specific mission you'd like me to look at?

Is this OK with you?

Cheers!

KK

Hooray! Tasks and Dialogue are complete for all missions in TF42! Just need to flesh out the debriefings, finalize some identities and tie up a few loose ends. Then, like a broken record here, comes voice, intro/outro, and finally Addon+ version...

Voice acting will be starting very soon. If you have a British accent (or in the off chance you or someone you know can speak Pashto, Urdu, Dari, or even Arabic) and are interested in helping, please PM me or post here.

More progress, here's a look at the load screen for Mission 5.

Everything is on the line, but you want to avoid even pulling your weapon out. A tense, challenging game of cat and mouse.

Mission 5 will be one mission to include bonus mission content in the Addon + version!

sILNvLCl.jpg

Will this be out before August?

Not trying to push you or anything, but I may be without Arma during August as I will be on vacation.

Cheers

It's unlikely that TF42 will be released before August, but mid-to-late August is looking more realistic. If you want to test the latest build, let me know homie, I'll send it to you now!

Ehh,maybe i missed something, but what about the Chris Kyle missions? You have started to work on them months before the TF42's.:confused:

A valid point-- thanks for bringing this up.

The Chris Kyle mission is certainly fun from a gameplay perspective, but the more I have worked with fellow editors on RWO projects, as well as my own, the more I realize how sensitive it is to be portraying real people, especially people who are no longer alive. The last thing I'd want to do is dishonor the actual feats and sacrifices of these heroes.

So, that mission may come out sometime after TF42, but it will likely not feature voice, and I will scrub it of any connection to Chris Kyle himself. It is a fun sniper mission, and appeared to be ACE-compatible, so it should see the light of day.

At any rate, TF42 is the priority and will be 100% worth the wait!

I plan to create a separate topic for TF42 when it's ready for release, but this thread will be updated as well.

Nice mission mate ! ;)

so, the Memory by Sarge has been released, so now, I'm just waiting for your mission :)

how is it going? not too many difficulties? have you found all your actors for the voices?