h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

Vietnam Mission-makers, have a look here to ensure you're using as much of the right slang as possible ;)

http://www2.iath.virginia.edu/sixties/HTML_docs/Resources/Glossary/Sixties_Term_Gloss_K_P.html

TexKaz has asked me to help out on a mission that I shall do for his UNSUNG campaign.

I'm now asking you folks and all folks if they want to help out.

I think, so far, he needs:

-voice actors

-anybody good at Intro/Outro making

-others willing to make a mission for the campaign playing the side of VC, SV, NV or US.

Anybody interested, please contact Texkaz.

Yeah I PMed some people I know. But if there is anyone I dont know out there give me a pm.

Hi there

since Kommiekat has asked me several times for a contribution to RWO so I decided to give it a go. The Vietnam conflict has always interested me. Next steps after I'm done with my campaign Hammer of Thor which is quite close to a next release I will be working on a Vietnam campaign.

I started to work on a mission which is relating to Operation Wayne Grey. 4th Infantry Division Alpha company is inserted by air into LZ Turkey on March 2nd 1969 and from there proceed into the Plei trap valley in Northern direction. They didn't know that they were out of reach of protecting friendly artillery. Alpha company got ambushed by the 66th NVA regiment and went straight into a meat grinder. They took heavy casualties in the fighting. After the battle was over Alpha has taken so many casualties that they were combat ineffective.

The mission is based on real life events although I avoided to name Veterans who fought that battle. I feel uncomfortable with it and that's why I rarely do missions based on real battles fought in a war.

The mission is WIP a not completely done. Let's say it's 65% done. I hope

I can provide a first version in a couple of days.

You are playing the role of Aaron Hill Combat medic of the 4th infantry division 8th infantry Alpha company 1st PLT. So instead of doing a lot's of shooting you are supposed to take care of your buddies wounded in battle. You will face an intense close encounter with overwhelming enemy fire power. Choose wisely the moment when to heal your brothers in arms.

For the time being a made a vid of the intro of the mission.

I hope you enjoy it. :D

p.s. I would like to contribute with this mission to an eventual Vietnam project RWO but I would also like to reserve the right to use this mission at my discretion for my own purpose if that's ok to you.

p.p.s. Sorry for the stuttering I've made this video on a low end Dual core for testing purposes. On my I7 the video is very smooth.

Edited by nettrucker

p.s. I would like to contribute with his mission to an eventual Vietnam project RWO but I would also like to reserve the right to use this mission at my discretion for my own purpose if that's ok to you.

Holy mother of little black baby Jezus! So good to see you back in action, nettrucker, and especially in this thread.

Gee, I hope I didn't pester you too much. I'm happy to hear the HOT will be released soon and very very happy to hear you'll be contributing to RWO.

As you may know, RWO is your own thing. That's whats good about it. You are you're own boss and you do as you deem fit for your mission.

I was kind of wondering about the quote. Who is the "his mission"? Texkaz?

I'm more than sure he'll appreciate any contribution he can get. Hell, he's even got me making a mission.

RWO missions are always at the mission makers discretion.

I just hope we can get some good Intro/Outro's going because seriously, after watching that vid of yours, you make ours look like baby scribbling crayons on a white wall.

You be teh KING!

p.s. I would like to contribute with his mission to an eventual Vietnam project RWO but I would also like to reserve the right to use this mission at my discretion for my own purpose if that's ok to you.

nice one!

BTW nettrucker, did you create a base for this mission?

if yes, can I get it please?

Dam that's I nice intro, I just love the music lol.

Hello there

@ Kommiekat

I was kind of wondering about the quote. Who is the "his mission"? Texkaz?

I'm more than sure he'll appreciate any contribution he can get. Hell, he's even got me making a mission.

RWO missions are always at the mission makers discretion.

That was a typo . . . I meant this mission

Yeah I would be glad to contribute with a couple of missions to a Vietnam RWO project if something like this is in the planning. If we can coordinate a small effort together and everyone who is interested in the Vietnam war like me gives a couple of missions than we could get together a small campaign. As far as I have understood Wiki-Texkaz and you are making some Vietnam stuff right? So why don't combine a small effort together. 2-3 missions from each of us and we can make it. There are maybe others who want to contribute.

@ Wiki

no I didn't make any base templates so far. Never have for being honest. The small base in the opening of the vid is a standard base that comes with the Plei trap terrain. LZ Lane. We might have to contact one of our community members who specialize in base templates like Eight. He did some fantastic ones for ArmA. Otherwise I have to undergo the painstaking process to create one on my own. Base templates are definitely needed.

Currently play testing the mission and I'm also inclined to make a sequel involving the fight of Delta company always in the Plei trap valley.

back to editing.

cheers

edit: Thanks RCMW. I love the music track as well. Hendrix was so ahead of his time. The original was written by Bob Dylan.

Edited by nettrucker

Thrilled to have you aboard in any capacity nettrucker! Vietnam RWO is in full-effect now, I am also involved in TexKaz's project, but I have not yet put "pencil to paper" or "pedal to metal" so to speak, though I have my assignment.

I have an unused "enhanced firebase" pseudo-template for the SEA map if anyone wants to play with it-- the player starts atop of the artillery hill in the command bunker on the southeastern airbase "Whiskey", he receives a scripted briefing, and then is free to roam about the base. There's a ton of setpieces, choppers and planes taking off and flying by, bugle "charge" calls a la Apocalypse Now, radio chatter, music, and more.

I've mentioned before also, some post-processing effects I was using for both Chris Kyle and my UNS projects, lifted from Eagle Wing campaign via Kylania's blog, and tweaked to just make things more golden/yellow (warm). I invite you guys to drop this line of code into your init.sqf and see how the color tweaks make things look a lot more like Vietnam (I find the tones to be too cold unless you use Movie Night and heavy rain to effect).

Amber Post Processing Effect from EW (make sure you have a Functions module on your map and drop this into your init.sqf)

// Color Corrections

"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [2, 30, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.8*2, 0.5*2, 0.0, 0.7], [0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.0]];
"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.8, -0.001, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.8*2, 0.5*2, 0.0, 0.7], [0.9, 0.9, 0.9, 0.0]];  
"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 3;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;
"filmGrain" ppEffectEnable true; 
"filmGrain" ppEffectAdjust [0.02, 1, 1, 0.1, 1, false];
"filmGrain" ppEffectCommit 5;

Edited by h34dup

, but I have not yet put "pencil to paper" or "pedal to metal" so to speak, though I have my assignment.

I've mentioned before also, some post-processing effects I was using for both Chris Kyle and my UNS projects, lifted from Eagle Wing campaign via Kylania's blog, and tweaked to just make things more golden/yellow (warm). I invite you guys to drop this line of code into your init.sqf and see how the color tweaks make things look a lot more like Vietnam (I find the tones to be too cold unless you use Movie Night and heavy rain to effect).

Jeez, I've done nothing yet myself but play others UNSUNG missions, just watched Mel Gibsons movie on the battle and getting myself pumped up.

OK, tomorrow I start...tomorrow....tomorrow I start.....(must keep repeating this).

Also, I"ll give the code a try. Heck, I'll use it without even questioning it because I know you know what you're doing..............

Do it to it KK. That post-processing script couldn't be easier, just make sure you have a Functions module on your map and pop it into your init.sqf. If done correctly, you will now see a white flash and notice things are a lot yellower, greens turn more olive-looking.

In other news, regarding Task Force 42 British SOF mini-camp, I've been working closely with RMCW-- VERY excited with where it's going. And I will soon be implementing some of his excellent support scripts. Expect to play as a range of British SOF, not just the famous SAS -- on display are the SRR, SBS, SIS and the mysterious Tier-1 element known as The Increment. Also adding new levels of dynamics to the mini-camp, a first for me-- going above and beyond nets you benefits in the following mission, failing objectives, losing squad mates, will have its consequences. You will have to think like an operator to overcome the odds and get your target. Also added a really cool soundtrack!

Will get some kind of teaser material together soon...

I've tried the color correction code. It will come in handy for other missions. I've tried to apply it but the mood changed drastically. I prefer for the mission to have a very dark initial mood which will lighten up at daybreak. I'm definitely interested in the base template and whatever you can come up with for the Vietnam missions.

Put together the loadscreens for TF42, here's a sneak peak at the mini-camp!

UuCcHWil.jpg

WJa48q4l.jpg

kNnX1Szl.jpg

cc1WRnll.jpg

FrkX8bCl.jpg

nettrucker, I'll PM you a link to the UNS mission for you to check out.

Hi headup

Pics are looking great. Yes please PM me for that template even I don't need it for the current nam mission but there will be other missions which it will come in handy.

Thanks

Unfortunately, after updating UNS and testing my missions, I now get an error about a missing item -- "vehicle land, fire can lit" or something to that effect which I'm fairly sure was the burning shit cans I had up on the hill. Well, even though I've tried deleting them from the editor, creating a new map and pasting everything that was there in, I'm getting an error that essentially renders this template useless-- no Empty units are showing up, even though they're on the map. So all the props are missing. And all the animations are also not working, which makes even less sense, it's like the only thing that works are BLUFOR units and waypoints, not empty units or triggers with animations (the sound triggers appeared to be working).

If you want to give it a look you're more than welcome, I'm wondering if there's a fix that can be made to the .sqm file.

A real shame, because I had lost about 8 hrs of work on it already by accident, this version was the result of another 5 or so hours of rebuilding. Now it has been lost a second time.

UNS final update looks great, but man...my record to date with the mod is dismal. Let's hope my contribution to TexKaz's camp is the end of the bad luck.

Man h34dup, your putting out rounds and taking names! Your load screens look awesome. I imagine the campaign is gonna be just as great!

UNS final update looks great, but man...my record to date with the mod is dismal. Let's hope my contribution to TexKaz's camp is the end of the bad luck.

HeadUp, part of trouble shooting is working backwards. Go back to the last step and delete from there.........may not help, but my 5 years as an engineer at Xerox taught me that.

Would be glad to have you aboard nettrucker. I just need to think of something for you to do.

Would be glad to have you aboard nettrucker. I just need to think of something for you to do.

I just send you a PM.

CLASSIFIED - The JPEL record of your primary target for Task Force 42. Parts of this will tie-in throughout the camp.

JPEL 3415-1796 “Black Shadowâ€

Alias: Apdar Abdullah Mukhtar

Other Known Aliases: Abdul Khan, Mullah Abdullah, al-Thel Aswad (the Black Shadow), al-Ifrit bin Abdullah [Gan] (the Demon of Adbullah Gan)

Date of Birth: Unknown (thought to be between ages 42-46)

Country of Origin: Afghanistan

Alleged Activities:

* Acts of terror and brutality against Afghan civilians both before and after the beginning of Operation Herrick (British codename for all involvement in NATO-led ISAF operations, and US-led Operation Enduring Freedom). Charges include narcotics distribution, human trafficking, and incitement of sectarian violence.

* Acts of terror carried out against ISAF forces, including the provision of training, materials, and intelligence to enemy combatants. Associated with numerous reports of roadside bombings, kidnappings, and corruption of figures within the Afghan National Police (ANP).

Overview:

Apdar Abdullah Mukhtar, codename: Black Shadow earns his namesake by deftly maneuvering Afghanistan’s constantly shifting political and economic landscape. His early history as a drug trafficker left him out of favor with the Taliban’s upper echelon, thus why he is not considered a target for Task Force 373, but his role in the suffering of Afghan civilians is perhaps much larger than that of some of his superiors. With opium, cannabis, and hashish production reaching record highs, a significant portion of the proceeds from drug trade directly funds the activities of the Taliban and their allies. Black Shadow’s involvement in the Taliban’s illicit activities, coupled with a brutal recent attack on British forces make him a Joint Prioritized Effects List (JPEL) High-Value Target.

Known History:

* 1960s-1970s - Little is known about Black Shadow’s origins, although he is confirmed to be a native of Afghanistan - likely either Kandahar or Helmand province.

* 1980 - Black Shadow managed to keep a low profile during the first half of the Soviet War in Afghanistan, according to CIA records at the time, which associate him more closely with the cannabis and hashish trade than with the Mujahideen.

* 1986 - With the turning of the tide in the Soviet War in Afghanistan, Muhajideen warlords bolstered the drug trade country-wide in order to finance their operations. Black Shadow begins to emerge as a brutal young enforcer of Mullah Muamar. Muamar forms ties with the Pakistani “Father of the Opium Trade†Haji Ayub Afridi, a warlord who worked closely with the CIA in order to funnel money and weapons along his drug-running routes into the fight against Soviet forces.

* 1989 - Following the end of the Soviet war, Afghanistan fractured into a chaotic maelstrom of warring factions. Black Shadow is believed to have been operating for Afridi in secret opium labs within Pakistan’s Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA).

* 1990 - Black Shadow’s leader, Mullah Muamar, is assassinated by a rival warlord.

Haji Ayub Afridi was elected to the National Assembly of Pakistan, Black Shadow is betrayed. He drops off of CIA records, likely remaining somewhere within the FATA.

* 1992 - Black Shadow is reported to be back in Afghanistan, this time involving himself with a druglord named Muhammad Bismatullah. Black Shadow proves himself quickly, by murdering rival poppy farmers, seizing their operations, and selling any women and children as sex slaves (often after committing sexual assaults himself).

* 1994 - With the rise of the Taliban, and their decree banning opium production as “un-Islamic,†people like Bismatullah and Black Shadow find themselves on the run from one of the most effective anti-drug campaigns in history.

* 1996 - After two years on the run, Black Shadow is cornered by the Taliban in the Khyber Pass (reportedly whilst taking a piss). He offers them his allegience in exchange for sparing his life, and betrays Muhammad Bismatullah.

* 1997 - Black Shadow reportedly “has turned his life around and become a more devout muslim,†according to a siezed Taliban record. He receives an education and further combat training, including bomb-making from abandoned Soviet mines. He participates (perhaps unwillingly) in the siege of Abdullah Gan, earning the nickname “the Demon of Abdullah Gan†for murdering Shia Muslim Hazara civilians, fierce opponents of the Sunni-led Taliban regime.

* 2001 - Following the September 11 attacks, the US leads NATO into Afghanistan to overthrow the Taliban regime, find and capture or kill Osama bin-Laden, and defeat al-Qaeda. Black Shadow participates in fighting in Kabul before quickly retreating to Helmand province, and later the FATA.

* 2003 - As the Taliban find themselves ousted from power, they resort more and more to drug trade to finance the insurgency. Black Shadow is reportedly asked personally by Mullah Dadullah Lang to apply his extensive experience in drug and human trafficking to the benefit of the Taliban. This is the beginning of an extensive alliance with Dadullah, seeing Black Shadow’s nascent rise within Taliban ranks up to the mid-level leadership he currently enjoys.

* 2006 - Black Shadow assists Mullah Dadullah in forming an alliance with Pakistani Pashtun fighters, spurring both recruitment and training, and expansion in drug trade. Black Shadow participates in fighting against American SOF unit ODA 331 during Operation Medusa, where he is wounded near Sperwan Ghar. He narrowly escapes a helicopter attack on a tractor carrying himself and other wounded fighters, all of whom were killed except for him.

* 2007 - Black Shadow goes dark, presumably recovering from his wounds somewhere in Pakistan’s FATA. The drug trade continues to flourish in his absence.

* 2008 - With a renewed spring offensive seeing a resurgence of bombings and attacks, one incident in Lashkar Gha, Helmand Province, hints at the imminent return of Black Shadow as a killer with a horrific vengeance. A roadside bomb killed 4 British servicemen, while a 5th serviceman who survived the initial blast was dragged from the wreckage of his vehicle and beheaded. Civilian bystanders report the fighters who carried out the dastardly act shouted threats about a ‘black shadow’ falling over the Helmand River valley. Task Force 42 is called upon by British SIS to direct their efforts toward resolving the matter of JPEL 3415-1796.

Edited by h34dup

hey guys!

I'm working on my Nam campaign, and ATM, I'm making a base template on the map S.E.A.

when I'm done with it, if some of you are interested in using it, send me a PM

hey guys!

I'm working on my Nam campaign, and ATM, I'm making a base template on the map S.E.A.

when I'm done with it, if some of you are interested in using it, send me a PM

Hey thanks for the info Wiki that will come in handy. So everybody is working on their own campaign huh? I gonna start when done updating Hammer of Thor. I took a break from it because I experienced I slight burn out editing always on the same story. In any case I'm looking forward to it.

We'll be glad to have you aboard nettrucker!

Last night, I added a mess of support options to Task Force 42 British SOF mini-Camp, including the custom-made support scripts from RMCW. In select missions, you will have access to AV8B-delivered Laser-Guided bomb CAS, Apache AH-1 Gunship support CAS, MEDEVAC from 100 Days, and depending on the day/time of the operation, access to LDL AC-130 (night time only) or LDL UAV Predator Hellfire support (day time only), as well as unarmed vanilla UAV for night ops. Also messing with the concept of a support option for flying in a strike team with reinforcements you can command using HC module, which RMCW and I have been throwing back and forth.

This necessitates a training option, so Mission 1 will now include some quick and optional support training and another dose of the home-base setpiece stuff that I enjoy making and players seem to enjoy experiencing. Should set up the story pretty well.

So, there is an issue with one of the potential addons I'm trying to get resolved: Lennard's L119A1 Pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15429

The ACOG sight adjustment is stuck at 300 and ineffective at close range, while the Eotech is too bright...shame too, because the models are brilliant. I've just PM'ed Lennard about it and revived the old thread. I'm wondering if maybe Sabre, author of the recently-released Australian SOTG addon (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153228-Australian-SOTG-Commandos&p=2374772&viewfull=1#post2374772) might be willing to help.

Does anyone know if there's a way we can get this fixed or will I have to pull it and give everyone generic-ass M4's?

You should try to collaborate with Sickboy and Play with Six for these missions.

It would be awesome if there was an RWO section in PWS where you could just click install on the mission you wanted to play,

and the mission plus all the mods required was setup in a custom preset.

Hello everybody

a little update on my WIP on "Operation Wayne Grey"

it's gonna be 3 max 4 missions to represent to my best capability the operation in question

1st mission - Valley of tears

- Ambush of Alpha company in the Plei Trap valley.

Missing: proper testing and voice acting

2nd mission - Rescue Alpha

- Delta company which is about to secure hill 947 is ordered to move to Alpha's ambush site and search for survivors.

Status WIP.

Missing: Outros - proper testing and voice acting

3rd mission - Hill 947

- Delta companies fight for Hill 947

Here are some screenshots

vot8_zps0bf7aa77.jpg

vot7_zps92eed3b1.jpg

vot6_zps96e0dd69.jpg

vot5_zps324bb9b2.jpg

Delta company on Hill 947 receiving orders to move out.