h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

Will do, domo! RMCW has offered his help with voice stuff as well, both of your involvement has me stoked! I need to find some native speakers of the Pashto or Dari (or Arabic) languages for M1 and possibly M5.

M1 and M2 are well along, M3 will be underway soon too. Still haven't come up with a title for this mini-camp yet-- was thinking simply, Task Force 42. Google searches for that are where most of the info can be found on their operations. Here are some links to show what I'm working off of, the mini-camp centers around the hunt for a fictional JPEL-listed HVT named Mullah Abdullah Khan, a ruthless former Mujahideen and drug/human trafficker. You will take part in intelligence gathering activities as an operator for the top-secret Special Recon Regiment (SRR), a night raid w/ transport from the US 160th SOAR's MH-47E's, long-range motorized recon, and more...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/7973598/Quarter-of-senior-Taliban-killed-by-SAS-in-kill-or-capture-targeting.html

http://www.ipsnews.net/2010/08/afghanistan-task-force-42-and-task-force-121-the-other-secret-killers-ndash-part-3/

http://www.eliteukforces.info/uk-military-news/200810-task-force-42.php

And an update on Chris Kyle, I got a ton of great auditions, sending out scripts this weekend, so hopefully we're looking at a release before the end of April.

Still haven't come up with a title for this mini-camp yet-- was thinking simply, Task Force 42. Google searches for that are where most of the info can be found on their operations.

Just out of curiosity, would a mini-camp be from 2 to 5 missions and a full fledge Campaign would be from 6 and on? Just asking, mind you.

@Kommiekat

No, it's your choise if you call your campaign-"mini campaign" or "campaign". You can make 2 mission and you can call it normal campaign. :)

Sometimes campaign with only 2 missions can by longer than campaign with 6 missions. Which one is mini campaign it this case? ;)

Edited by tom3kb

Just out of curiosity, would a mini-camp be from 2 to 5 missions and a full fledge Campaign would be from 6 and on? Just asking, mind you.

That sounds like a fair approximation.

However I'd tend to measure the length of a campaign in hours, i.e. a mini campaign is shorter than a fully-fledged campaign.

At a guess I'd say that a mini campaign would be less than 2 hours, with a full campaign at 3 or more.

But it's somewhat splitting hairs ;)

That sounds like a fair approximation.

However I'd tend to measure the length of a campaign in hours

I also like to measure length of campaign in hours, that's way i write that sometimes campaign with 2 missions can be longer then campaign with 6 missions. :)

I also think that 2-3 hours lenght=mini campaign.

Hey just a quick status update on my RWO protect about British intervention in Sierra Leone.

I've finished the final mission Operation Barras, but still have a bit to do on missions 1 and 2. It's looking more like it will be a 3 mission campaign, but depending on how it works out I may split the 1st mission into two parts. It's looking good but there are a few things I could use some help with on the 1st mission, mainly voice acting. Good new is most of it is for a Multinational UN force so almost any ascent will do! The parts I need are as follows.

UN central control : Any ascent will do but be advised this person refused to acknowledge the report that RUF had attacked and gave an order that got some Zambian solders skinned alive, so not a hero part.

UN officer : In real life was a Norwegian, but any ascent will work. Was a brave man who went to investigate the first RUF attacks and was captured.

Kenyan Officer : The Kenyans were an extremely brave and disciplined force that held of the first RUF attacks until the British arrived. This is the tricky one, an African ascent is needed really.

Also any addon suggestions for the Kenyan army would be good. At the moment I'm thinking of using some of the woodland units from Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps since the camo is almost the same. Let me know if you can help at all. Thanks

On another point the more I read about the conflict the more nasty things I find out that the RUF did during the war. I don’t think I can do the protect without mentioning some of it and I think it would be unfair to skip over it. Hope people will be ok with this.

Edited by RCMW

Sounds great RMCW!

Things are rolling on Task Force 42 as well, Mission 4 is well-underway. Your night raid from Mission 2 and recon efforts from Mission 3 have paid off, revealing the main compound of the HVT, nestled deep in a valley and crawling with a small army of hostile forces. Your team is inserted and tasked with spearheading the assault, while friendly squads sabotage comms and provide you with an escape route. You'll have CAS this time around, but not until you take out AA on a peak near the valley (provided you want to use CAS).

More RWO content is on the way folks!

CHRIS KYLE UPDATE:

Most voices have been sent out to my Chris Kyle voice actors-- except for the Polish voice parts! I need some Polish speakers to help me out...Polish or bad English is acceptable (preferred, even). Please let me know (lookin at you tom)!

Started up Op. Roadblock today for the first time. Went to get a soda, and came back a few mins later. As I was looking around, I notice a civi sprinting through the Staging area. Without hesitation, I shot them for a suicide bomber (Because, lets face it, a civi in a baggy robe sprinting through an assumed secure US camp is pretty easy to perceive threat), and then felt really bad when examining them and realizing they didn't have a bomb strapped under their robe. :cryy:

Already loving it so far though. :)

But seriously though... those sprinting civies scare the hell out of me still. Lol.

Edited by TheCapulet
(sp)

Sorry guys, i don't have microphone so i can't record voices. Maybe you can ask Topas or Vilas for help, they are addon makers and i don't know if they have time but you can try to ask them.

Hi fellow RWOers. I'd like to announce that I made a non-ACE version for my Chechnya mission. Check out my thread if you want any more details.

I'd also like to announce that my girlfriend dumped me because she decided to take up a new career as an ungrateful whore. This is significant because it led me to drinking alot of beers and watching Apocalypse Now 5 times in a row. So now I am making an RWO campaign using the UNSUNG mod depicting the battle of La Drang Valley. Collaborators in my drunken and heartbroken creative manifestations are always welcome.

The horror, the horror....

In worst case you can record Grom operators by yourself (there are Grom operators that know English very good ;) ).

@TexKaz

Campaign for Unsung, that's a very good news. We need new missions/campaigns for this mod :)

Edited by tom3kb

Thanks for the none ACE version TexKaz, I'll give it a go when I get home. Looks good.

Congrats on the non-ACE release, TexKaz, and thanks for including that for those non-ACE players out there!

Also, sorry to hear about the breakup...time heals all wounds, and there are PLENTY of fish in the sea. Be sure to step out for some fresh air once in a while haha.

Looking forward to some UNS content, now that the final update is out it's open season! Yeeee-haw!

Nah, I'm good. Just thought it was a funny story so that's why I said it on an online forum.

BTW headup, did you look at the mission I sent you?

I had an answer from tom3kb, but it didn't fix my problem.

I had a look at the script files, you only have like 9 lines of dialog in there, and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in your Description.ext file.

Is it because you're using sideChat instead of sideRadio?

I had a look at the script files, you only have like 9 lines of dialog in there, and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in your Description.ext file.

Is it because you're using sideChat instead of sideRadio?

No, it's not this, Wiki use sidechat only in chat1.sqf. I changed this to sideradio but this dont fix the problem.

@Wiki

Did you try my version of radio messages, in my version all was ok and messages was show on screen.

Edited by tom3kb

yeah, thanks for help.

however, I've reworked it from the very beginning and it works now...

dunno where the error/mistake was, but it works fine now so...

Edited by Wiki

So the more I thought about it, the more I really like the idea of the RWO set of missions. And the more I thought about that, the more I wanted to help contribute. While I can do voice over work too, I'd much rather play to my bigger strength, which is writing.

So I'm tossing my hat in as a dialogue writer and cleanup-er. So if there's anyone in the RWO initiative that needs some natural American dialogue added/touched up/redone, feel free to send me a PM.

CHRIS KYLE UPDATE:

Most voices have been sent out to my Chris Kyle voice actors-- except for the Polish voice parts! I need some Polish speakers to help me out...Polish or bad English is acceptable (preferred, even). Please let me know (lookin at you tom)!

Been a lil self absorbed in my campaigns, but I can speak English in a Russian- see slavic accent and drop some of the russianisms. I'm sure tom can tell but not Brit/American crowd.

Edited by TexKaz

c'mon poles! d'you really want a russian speaking polish ;)

Nice offer KexKaz