h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

i second headup's thoughts, all proposed missions have so much potential. i'd like to see them all done lol

Chechnya would be a good to do, unfortunately I don't have much experience with that one, I'll stick with British Ops for now. I know my Russian friend has some strong views on it however.

Yes the 3rd mission is the one I'm not sure of, I've got a few ideas though.

You start as an Instructor in the Royal Irish training the SLA, you get a number of choices as to how you would advise the SLA to be equipped and trained then do a few training tasks, the better you do the higher the SLA units skill is set for the second part.

Then you switch to the British commander who is advising the SLA on how to advance and it becomes a high commander mission to retake an area. From what I hear the British advice to the SLA command was more like “we advise you to DO THIS†They organised the majority of the SLA forces and were in command in practice if not name but this mission would be a little more tricky than the others and may not work in practice.

If anybody is going to take the shitty stick that is Chechnya, I am available for any special addons, advice, or requirements.

Hello, I'd like some of your addon advice for these:

First Chechen War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Chechen_War

Second Chechen War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Chechen_War

Insurgency in the North Caucasus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurgency_in_the_North_Caucasus

Islamic International Brigade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_International_Peacekeeping_Brigade

I'd like to know which units you recommend to represent both sides and which maps would fit best.

Lastly, if I can get a group of mission makers together, would you be interested in doing a single mission for a campaign?

I was thinking of having each person of this group to make a mission, based on the Chechnya theme.

One great thing about this is that:

-there are no hassles

-no time constraints

-all solo work with group help (if needed) You are your own boss so to speak

-no personality clashes like some groups may experience.

Just one single simple easy to-do SP mission to be added as a campaign? Perhaps? Maybe? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

This ultra-disturbing film about the Battle of Grozny should help get some creative juices flowing... WARNING, not for the faint of heart or stomache and definitely NSFW.

Chistilishche (Purgatory)

---------------------------

In other news, I finished writing the last of the dialogue for Chris Kyle last night, I have a list of tweaks to make... I'm a bit conflicted in terms of getting together some voice actors-- there are 90 lines-worth of dialogue for less than a dozen characters. It would take longer to organize that kind of effort, but there is a ton of text the player would have to read...fortunately, a lot of the dialogue happens over the course of Kyle's lengthy insertion to Fallujah, so you are riding in the cargo and will be able to read.

I should make sure to say right now, this mission is inspired by pieces of his account of Op. Phantom Fury, and is purely fictional. Hope to get some teaser screens together for you guys to check out soon!

If you need a voice actor I'm happy to help anyone, but I'm a Brit so not as useful for Phantom Fury (although I think the Black Watch were involved to a small degree).

This time line from the BBC also looks useful for Chechnya.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18190473

Going to have my hands full with bug hunting in 100 days and making Sierra Leone at the mo but after that I could help out with maybe a mission or some testing.

Well kommiekat already chided me into making a mission for Chechnya and it is more or less done. It will be the first mission if adopted into any campaign since it is based off of the New Years Offensive that first entered Grozny.

Uses dead city map-based off of Grozny.

JC's Russians

and staglers Chechen Rebels

It is also an ACE mission.

Well kommiekat already chided me into making a mission for Chechnya .

Yes, I want everybody to imagine me behind TexKaz, doing a Mike Tyson on his ear and a reach-around at the same time.:rolleyes:

Dam I don't have ACE. I may have a play around with it at some point to give your mission a try. Looking forward to the release, it's a setting I know little about.

Humm been looking some info on the battles for Fallujah I know Wiki did Operation Phantom Fury and is converting it to ROW but has anyone though about doing something on Operation Vigilant Resolve (The 1st battle for Fallujah)? One of the things that made Operation Phantom Fury such a big deal and Fallujah such a iconic turning point in the war is that Operation Vigilant Resolve failed in it's attempt to retake the city. Would make a nice addition to Wiki's very good campaign. Just a thought.

Dam I don't have ACE. I may have a play around with it at some point to give your mission a try. Looking forward to the release, it's a setting I know little about.

Humm been looking some info on the battles for Fallujah I know Wiki did Operation Phantom Fury and is converting it to ROW but has anyone though about doing something on Operation Vigilant Resolve (The 1st battle for Fallujah)? One of the things that made Operation Phantom Fury such a big deal and Fallujah such a iconic turning point in the war is that Operation Vigilant Resolve failed in it's attempt to retake the city. Would make a nice addition to Wiki's very good campaign. Just a thought.

I think Wiki is actually re-tooling his Gothic Serpent camp, which uses Fallujah the island, but is based on Somalia circa 1993?

Arr OK was a little confused. I'm playing his Operation Phantom Fury campaign at the moment and thought it was that one he was changing. My mistake.

Your making a mission on Phantom Fury though? Looking forward to it.

Correct, the Chris Kyle mission I'm working on takes place during the opening phase of Op. Phantom Fury - Nov. 6th/7th 2004.

Basically there are three phases-- a lengthy briefing and insertion phase (the insertion is modelled closely after Kyle's account in his memoir American Sniper), a phase covering a Marine platoon as they clear a public square (a combo of a scene described during the initial invasion, and historical accounts of the initial diversionary operation in the south/west of Fallujah that took place before the full-scale invasion from the north the following morning), and finally a "Direct Action" against two HVTs (inspired partially by Kyle's account of covering the northern assault near the Fallujah train station, as well as rumors abound on the internet about Polish GROM involvement off-the-record).

Sounds excellent, your missions always have a lot of detail, depth and atmosphere. In a sim like Arma 2 I almost find the depth and atmosphere creating immersion is as important as the gameplay. So looking forward to it! Not sure I can help with American accented voices but if there is anything I can do just let me know.

I did a bit on modern military histories most influential battles (for the British, and according to my lecturer) they were Goose Green, Granada, Mogadishu, Desert Storm, Operation Barras, Both battles for Fallujah and the conflict in Afghanistan. I'd love to see these in ROW format, I'm happy to see most are already in the works in-fact. If you follow them you can clearly see the evolution of western warfare over the years.

Also one of the best things about RWO is you can learn something about the conflicts you know little about, its one of the reason I'm liking Kommiekat's campaign and looking forward to Chechnya.

Edited by RCMW

TexKaz's RWO debut is on the way soon-- Maykop Brigade is a brutal look at the New Years Assault from the Battle of Grozny during the first Chechen War of '94-'95. ACE-exclusive for the time being. Stay tuned!

Also, I'd like to try and gauge whether or not people want me to release Chris Kyle sooner without voice acting, versus later with voice acting. Much of the content otherwise is in-place now.

First chechen war use my chechens and johncages chechen war russians. They are designed for that particular conflict. Anything past 2001 id use RHS AFRF.

First chechen war use my chechens and johncages chechen war russians. They are designed for that particular conflict. Anything past 2001 id use RHS AFRF.

Those are precisely the units TexKaz uses!

headup,i'd rather wait for a full version with voice acting...though others may think differently.

I would also like to wait for a full version with voice acting. Adds a lot to missions.

Also, I'd like to try and gauge whether or not people want me to release Chris Kyle sooner without voice acting, versus later with voice acting. Much of the content otherwise is in-place now.

Take your time, Big Daddy. Although the anticipation can be a real killer for us, we can wait for high quality mission releases we've come to enjoy playing from you.

Congradulations on your first RWO release. I will download this as soon as I am back from Taiwan (tonight!).

Hope you put out some more RWO missions!

I'd like to open a call for American and Polish voice actors for the Chris Kyle mission (specifically someone who could impersonate Kyle's voice -

). I'm also going to post in the voice acting thread here and on an external voice acting board. Please PM me if interested!

In other news, my first non-US focused RWO release is in the works. A 5-mission mini camp examining the covert Capture or Kill campaign being carried out by SAS/SBS and SRR forces from Task Force 42, in collaboration with American counterparts in Task Force 373. It takes place in Reshmaan province and uses Massi's UK SFTG units, KYO's MH-47E SOAR, and potentially the British L119A1 pack, although I'm getting reports that some of the sights are bugged and unusable. My goal with this one is for it to be the opposite of Chris Kyle-- minimal in-game dialogue, maximal briefing and map info, straightforward missions (I'll have to do one open-ended one though).

Collaborating with RMCW providing research and knowledge to help give it that excellent authentic feel from 100 Days.

Yes, it's very good news. I like to play Non-US campaigns. :)

Yes, it's very good news. I like to play Non-US campaigns. :)

Too true.

h43duo: don't hesitate to look me up if you want me to do some more voice-over work, particularly Brit accents