h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

Maybe just do it with ACE (and give ACE stuff(Kestrel 4500,spotting scope,etc)and and just like with the vanilla,check for bugs i think.But i'm not a professional mission maker.

In my opinion, and I'm not sure, so let me state that from the first, the ACE elements for Sniper missons is best used for Co-Op mission when you've got yourself a reliable Spotter (right hand man) who can use those additional sniping tools, other wise, I would suggest going with SP mission on the first round of release and later, ACE release. Just my 2 cents worth.

Worked on the briefing for Chris Kyle last night, it's my most detailed briefing yet (and some of you may know how detailed I can get), but I think it's valuable and interesting information about Op Phantom Fury and the 1st and 2nd battles for Fallujah, all serving to set the stage for the mission. I plan to add even more intel, including dossiers for the HVTs. Also added the primary objectives and basic flow of the task locations, task hints and secondary objectives will follow. I've gotten into a pretty efficient work flow with my missions.

Op. Roadblock is almost ready pending the missing voice stuff, sorry for the delay guys-- we also have some really solid material coming together from both Kommiekat (mini-camp examining the War on Terror in Uzbekistan) and Shark-Attack (looking at Op. Serval in Mali) behind the scenes, so do stay tuned and keep an eye out for our first releases on Armaholic!

And, I updated ACE and will try to give it a whirl, if anyone has any favorite ACE-specific addons or missions, please link me!

I gave ACE and Team Shadow a run last night-- very interesting to see all the differences when it comes to the sniper's role. I found it to be brutally realistic but also really authentic, I ended up a PIG instead of a HOG when my target never stepped into my FOV during Mission 3 (boo-hoo, over an hour wasted). The ACE experience and the vanilla Arma 2 experience are two very different beats, I can now see why.

The initial release will definitely remain vanilla non-ACE, but I am interested in playing around with the mission once everything is done using ACE and trying to tweak it so the mission can be played through using the mod. I know TF86 SEALs has ACE versions included, plus the Mk11 is what Chris Kyle actually used, not the Mk12 I'm using in vanilla. There is a lot of time spent inserting into the AO in various vehicles over the course of this mission, it's not quite like the ghillie suit stalking from Team Shadow, but it's based mostly on his own account from American Sniper. I foresee that most of the ACE adjustments that will be needed will be vehicular, the physics of shooting-based objectives will probably still hold up in most cases I hope.

Our first RWO release, Op. RoadBlock has been submitted to Armaholic!

Keep an eye out, and hope you guys enjoy!

Op. Roadblock v0.90 Out NOW

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18581

Enjoy!

In other news, my A2 install and entire mod collection was compromised last night when I started having issues with Steam...so I've had to start at square one. Fortunately, my missions collection remains intact, and I was able to re-install Steam and download Arma 2 CO again, so it's just going to require re-downloading and installing all the mods I lost.

nice for the moment.

however, a small problem about the Albert objective:

it doesn't stick green when done.

Op. Roadblock v0.90 Out NOW

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18581

Enjoy!

In other news, my A2 install and entire mod collection was compromised last night when I started having issues with Steam...so I've had to start at square one. Fortunately, my missions collection remains intact, and I was able to re-install Steam and download Arma 2 CO again, so it's just going to require re-downloading and installing all the mods I lost.

Can't wait to try the mission. Good luck with the downloading. Is it just me or are all the Armaholic Mirrors going really slowly?

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

Every time I load a save game I get an error, content deleted: ca_communityconfigurationproject_e and I have to restart the whole mission. Very frustrating, as I was almost at the end!

Can't wait to try the mission. Good luck with the downloading. Is it just me or are all the Armaholic Mirrors going really slowly?

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

Every time I load a save game I get an error, content deleted: ca_communityconfigurationproject_e and I have to restart the whole mission. Very frustrating, as I was almost at the end!

Heh, not sure about you, but I have spent hours today re-downloading all the addons I lost (and some new ones I didn't have before) off Armaholic. Probably almost 60GB worth of stuff between that an Six updating.

Wiki, thanks for bringing this up, I'll take a look into it as soon as I'm back up and running.

An update to Op. Roadblock is almost ready for release, and it will include an ACE version (my first ACE release) that adds ACE and ACEX to the required addons list. The only thing that doesn't seem to be working initially is the IEDs, so this is something I'll have to keep working on- does anyone know how best to simulate an IED with proximity explosion in ACE?

Chris Kyle will also have an ACE version, trying things out the mission is pretty friendly to ACE already, with the exception of some very poor driving skills using the AAPV7A1.

Aside from adding ACE modules and ensuring nothing is broken, is there something else specifically I should be doing to make these missions legitimate "ACE versions"?

@h34dup I do have a mission that I can dig up that uses ace and has IED script I found that works nicely. The script involves you placing the static IEDs and then create a trigger with whatever distance you would like it go off. Within the script you set the type of explosive to be simulated when the trigger is activated. But I'll let the community give there suggestions to for they may have a better way.

@h34dup I do have a mission that I can dig up that uses ace and has IED script I found that works nicely. The script involves you placing the static IEDs and then create a trigger with whatever distance you would like it go off. Within the script you set the type of explosive to be simulated when the trigger is activated. But I'll let the community give there suggestions to for they may have a better way.

OK cool this is basically how the IED works in the vanilla version, what I'm observing in the ACE version tho is that the IED model itself is not showing up, and I'm also wondering if the munition explosions I'm using is somehow disabled. I looked in the ACE documentation and it does have 2 kinds of IEDs, but it doesn't specify where these are (I didn't see anything in AE Mines or Munitions). So yeah if you find that mission please link me via PM or something and I'll be sure to look into it!

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Thinking about getting into the secret kill/capture JPEL-hunt after Chris Kyle is out and we've re-worked some of our existing releases over for RWO.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/kill-capture/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/interactive/2011/oct/12/afghanistan-kill-capture-raids-map

Going to be looking at versions for both US Tier One and British SAS. This is further down the line though.

Excellent news!

Add maybe ACE stuff,maybe.

The adventures of the Task Force 373 sounds also very interesting,Chris Kyle also mentions in his books a lot of Direct Action raids.

Just made a number of adjustments to my already-released mission, The Battle of Tora Bora -- it will incorporate voice acting among other updates that will make Tora Bora a RWO release. That will likely come out after Chris Kyle.

thanks, gonna try it.

Thanks Spotter! Please post any bugs or any opinion you may have so as I may improve the missions.

Congrats on the release :) I will try as soon I finish my campaigns ;)

Ps: i think you should open also new thread for this campaign. For suggestions, bugs etc. I was thinking this thread was made for informations about all work under name RWO. But i think wenn RWO team will release something new you should create also new threads (here we can miss new missions/campaigns). Just small suggestion :)

Congrats on the release :) I will try as soon I finish my campaigns ;)

Ps: i think you should open also new thread for this campaign. For suggestions, bugs etc. I was thinking this thread was made for informations about all work under name RWO. But i think wenn RWO team will release something new you should create also new threads (here we can miss new missions/campaigns). Just small suggestion :)

Thanks tom3kb.

That's a possibility.

Hopefully the thread author, HeadUp will come up with a good idea....