h34dup

[SP/CAMP/CO] Real-World Operations (RWO)

I'm now considering making my first attempt at a unit addon/reskin be one for the Algerian SF...

Burma (Mayanmar)

Here is a latest conflict in Burma:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/21/world/asia/new-clashes-reported-between-army-and-rebels-in-myanmar.html?ref=myanmar&_r=0

This could be a short and sweet Campaign.

Sure would be nice to get more people involved. Volunteers wanted!

HEY YOU! Ya YOU reading this post! You've now been elected to help out! Hehehehe!

Here is example of Burmese uniform:

myanmar_soldiers_take_part_in_military_parade_zpsd3a71fec.jpg

Here is example of Katchin uniforms:

Anybody have any ideas of what units could be used for a mission/camp??

Edited by Kommiekat

Aye, we will definitely have to work out a better centralized base of communications, we are already seeing how the limits of PM'ing can slow things up.

I've just updated the first post with a few specifically-approved releases, but there is much more in the works. For now, we will work on a series of three releases examining Op. Serval, the French mission in Mali ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Serval ).

Also we are obviously planning to do something in Algeria, possibly Burma and/or Senkaku/Diaoyu islands. Stay tuned and please reach out if you are interested in helping out!

I always planned to do a mission about Task Force Black in Iraq. (British SF and SFSG)

Dude, NIKE commercial says........"Just Do it"......;)

I've longed for an epic (save game possible) long mission based on Brave Two Zero mission (search, destroy & evade)

You're right, that particular didn't but others did.

I'd really like a massive mission whereby the player must spend a fair bit of time searching for the scud launchers.

Problem is that we don't have a large enough map.

What's the largest ? 40x40?

You guys might want to see the pictures that were taken during the Algerian Hostage crisis. They were taken secretly by a hostage. It looks as though the terrorists are decked out in woodland camo and assault vests.

---------- Post added at 01:02 ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 ----------

Here are the pics from the hostage

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/an-algerian-hostage-secrety-took-photos-during-the

You guys might want to see the pictures that were taken during the Algerian Hostage crisis. They were taken secretly by a hostage. It looks as though the terrorists are decked out in woodland camo and assault vests.

---------- Post added at 01:02 ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 ----------

Here are the pics from the hostage

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/an-algerian-hostage-secrety-took-photos-during-the

Wow! That takes some serious balls...

Well, not sure what would be a good match for that in Arma 2-- it's like CHDKz with tuareg tagelmoust (headscarf).

Thanks for posting-- seeing what the actual belligerents were wearing, it's a lot different than what I had pictured.

Kommiekat and Shark-attack are both working on Mali scenarios now, Algeria is sort of on-hold for now, at least until we get a plan together for what and how, etc.

Op. Roadblock is also coming along, so you guys will hopefully start to see some releases soon.

This ... this is a very good thing. I can't wait to see what you guys produce!

Here are some screens from Op. Roadblock, which is being finalized for release soon!

Your CO, callsign: "Romeo Actual" in the staging area for Task Force Currahee in Paktika province

VgWFn5xl.jpg

Modern OCP (Multicam) US Army units are on-showcase, players can choose from a range of RG-31 MRAPs and HMMWVs

CAb7eAcl.jpg

Afghan National Police, Army, and SOF can be found throughout the AO helping with the Operation

KHVLSnOl.jpg

The enemy occupies a series of crossing points which you must clear and hold against incoming convoys from across the Pakistani border

C0J9SKwl.jpg

IEDs are randomly scattered across parts of the AO, the RG-31 MRAPs can keep your men alive, but it's up to you to deal with the threat

aRldYQJl.jpg

In light of the recent murder of Chris Kyle, a former Navy SEAL who participated in 4 different tours of duty during the 2nd Iraq War and earned the title of being the most lethal American sniper in US history, I am starting to work on a tribute SP mission based on his account of the 2nd Battle of Fallujah in his autobiography, American Sniper. More details will be forthcoming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kyle

Also working on getting some voice acting into Op. Roadblock, along with a few other details. Shark-attack and Kommiekat also have releases in the works!

Stay tuned!

He been murdered?

By whom?

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/04/remembering-chris-kyle-a-deadly-american-sniper/

He was allegedly killed at a Texas shooting range by a former soldier who was suffering from PTSD, whom Kyle had been helping council. Such a shame that this guy survived unimaginably dangerous situations in Iraq, only to be gunned down by a fellow soldier and countryman...sounds like he was seriously disturbed, but there isn't much clarity surrounding the cause for the shooting.

Op. Road Block should be coming out early next week, just waiting on some voice acting to get finished along with a few last-minute details.

Here's a preview of the load screen!

E6XEDM7l.jpg

On the Chris Kyle front, things are also taking shape nicely-- I'm employing the Eagle Wing color corrections effect adapted from Kylania's site, which combined with the sand storm function will make Fallujah look FANTASTIC! Get ready for a lengthy but scenic insertion, before providing sniper support from the roof of a huge factory tower, and that's just the start. This will really be a sniper's mission, with lots of long-range shots and dangerous alleyways. Hoping to get that together ASAP while news of the loss of this super soldier (or, super sniper, to be more appropriate) is still in peoples' minds.

effect adapted from Kylania's site,

Well, I'm for one looking forward to your releases!

And Kylania's site is an invaluable asset to missions makers. I'd recommend anybody making a mission to check it out.

Can't wait for the Sniper mission,i always missed this part of the game(IMHO we have really few sniper missions)

Yes, folks. A sniper mission.

I made a bunch more progress last night-- added Polish GROM (SOF) to the mission (as noted in the book and verified externally-- Polish GROM snipers were involved in the 2nd battle of Fallujah), worked on a second phase of the mission (well, third, really) where you are picked up by a little bird and flown to the other side of the city and dropped in a park. From there, you have to sneak or fight your way north to a radio tower, climb the radio tower, pop a series of snipers on a set of high-rise roofs and then take up a position on one of these roofs to get eyes on a couple of HVTs. Kill them and all their backup and the mission is complete... maybe.

Also added Radio Triggers that let you switch and refill your inventory on-the fly between two weapons platforms Chris Kyle wrote he used and preferred to the M107-- the British LRR Desert (simulating the .300 Win Mag) and the Mk.12 (simulating the Mk.11). I'm thinking of adding some challenges that will unlock these Radio Triggers and more weapons, as well as a few side-quests like locating and killing a notorious sniper and relieving a group of friendlies under heavy fire.

I used to have reservations about the Fallujah map-- that it felt too flat and had all kinds of awkward open spaces. But the reality is, this map is astoundingly-detailed in terms of how closely it matches the scale and layout of the city. Very impressive and a really unique challenge to work with and play.

Requirements:

~ TF86 SEALs http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10001

~ BB OA Mercs (for the headgear) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13732

~ Binkowski's US Marines http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14611

~ Vilas' Polish Army and Police http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7035

~ Fallujah (of course) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12315

The only issue I've been running into is performance-- there are a lot of items I kind of wish I could delete once they are done being showcased, Garbage Collector module isn't cutting it. There are a couple of solutions I'm weighing in on-- straight up deleting more details, finding and implementing a script to help improve speed by basically deleting unused units, or splitting this into a mini-campaign. I'd like not to have to do that, but maybe some community input could help influence the decision.

Edited by h34dup

To give those interested a sense of the scale of the Chris Kyle mission, here is a *SPOLER ALERT* look at the mission synopsis, the meat of the mission is essentially in-place (units, triggers, waypoints, etc.). The next phase involves putting together the briefing, tasks, dialogue, and other details. I hope to have this mission ready for release before the end of the month.

Phase I - Briefing and Insertion

I-A - You start at an undisclosed location north of Fallujah hanging out at a makeshift marksman's range with a couple Polish GROM operators. There is a challenge to hit all 5 targets, I may tie the Radio Trigger for the L115A3 to it. Basically, I have repeating triggers you can use to swap sniper rifles on the fly and always have enough ammo.

I-B - You get into a nearby pickup truck with PO1 Finch, your Spotter/JTAC, who fills you in on the upcoming Op-- your SEAL sniper team is being embedded with a Marine Squad. You recieve a briefing at a Polish FOB from your LT Commander, and then mount up a UH-60, which takes you to Fallujah Airport (4 hours pass and night falls)

I-C - You meet up with another SEAL Sniper and then mount up into the AAVP7A1s at Fallujah Airport, and take a ride up to the outskirts of the city, when your vehicles are ordered to hold position.

I-D - Your AAVP7A1 disembarks outside the city stretch while you take up a position in a construction site. Eventually, a small group of Mujahedeen (Hostile IND faction) are called on your position, when they are killed, 10 more hours pass (and the sun rises) and your squad is ordered to mount up again. At any time, you can obtain Mustafa's location by killing and searching his spotter, who is hiding somewhere in the construction site.

I-E - After you mount back up, the small convoy continues into the city, where you are dropped off next to a factory with a very high vantage point.

Phase II - Provide cover for Marines

II-A - You have to climb the stairs to the top of the tower, and you are teleported on the roof. I set up a nice raised platform for going prone, the area is fairly open and there's a lot of challenging areas to cover. The Marines move up ahead, and a couple groups of Iraqi Insurgents (OPFOR faction), supported by gun trucks attack. When the area has been secured, you teleport back to the top of the stairs, the other SEAL Sniper leaves your group to keep the area covered.

II-B - A Little Bird (MH-6J) helicopter carrying a Polish GROM operator arrives on the ground to pick you up. You are being re-tasked to conduct a DA (direct assault).

Phase III - Take Out the HVTs

III-A - You ride the MH-6J across the city and are dropped off in a park, where Adam, a GROM sniper is already waiting. Both Polish Operators join your squad as you touch down.

III-B - You have to make your way north to the first vantage point, the area is patrolled by Mujahedeen troops supported by gun trucks and static emplacements.

III-C - Once you reach the first vantage point, you can get eyes on the second vantage point, which you need to get to in order to accomplish the objective. However, there are a series of snipers on the roofs of high rise apartments that you must take out first.

III-D - When the snipers on the roofs are all dead, you can take up a position on one of the high rises (by going through the service entrance and climbing up the elevator shaft. You can get up to the top and get eyes on the meeting area of the HVTs before the meeting takes place if you move fast enough.

III-E - Once in position, you need to kill the 2 HVTs and any other enemies in the area. Once this is done, the mission is complete...I may add one final sequence for exfil.

Bonus Objective - Find and kill Mustafa

- There are 8 possible sniper's perches in the city, Mustafa spawns randomly at one.

- You can find out exactly where Mustafa is by killing a spotter of his at the construction site during Phase I.

- Mustafa is max skill, has a KSVK, rangefinder and NVG's, depending on where he spawns, he will engage you whenever possible, but it's easy to get the drop on him if you know where he is.

If you split up the whole mission into a mini campaign,IMHO it's not a big deal : )

Will it use/compatible with ACE?(Adds a lot of sniping features..)

The prospect of this being more than one mission is good, perhaps a couple episodes released as individual SP missions, depending on the response. There is certainly a lot more that happens in his story, this mission only examines stuff from the beginning. As for ACE compatibility, it will not be ACE for initial release, but I have been meaning to give ACE another chance. If you guys who like ACE can link me to any relevant documentation that would make an ACE-version of this mission a much bigger possibility.

Spent a while last night tweaking the hell out of the final objective with the 2 HVTs-- one is Al-Qaeda in Iraq, the other is from the Iraqi Insurgency. You get eyes on the meeting place, but you can only see a lookout and some snipers in the tower. A black SUV rolls up and you see HVT #1, then, the garage door opens and out comes HVT #2, who goes over and speaks to his lookout and then proceeds to the meeting. When they start talking, you know it's your chance. But who to take out first? Each HVT has a reaction to the other guy being killed, one hits the dirt and calls for backup, the other ducks and rejoins his men and attempts to flee the area in his SUV.

Here are a couple of teasers:

Riding the little bird across Fallujah to start Phase III of the mission - kill the HVTs

130D2Bil.jpg

After either sneaking or fighting (likely a bit of both) through the city to the lookout point, you can get eyes on the target area (the building to the far right)

3qYn1dzl.jpg

It will actually be dusk in the mission, but the setup here has me excited for people to try

gc2HBS2l.jpg