Sign in to follow this  
vuur150

Missing hud measurements (Speed, ammo, alt.)

Do you know this issue?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you know this issue?

• Yes, I have it too.
    • Yes, i heard about it.
    • No, but i think i know how to fix it.
    • The hell is that?

Thanks for reading.

Basically i have this problem for a long time now; my hud simply misses the numbers.

When in a vehicle, it says SPD , ALT and all that with the box behind it for the value, but the box is empty. Damage status icons work fine though, they change color etc.

Also when in an armed vehicle or on foot armed, it shows in the top right what firing mode i have and what gun, but on the lower line where it should show [Ammo in mag] | [Mags left ] it shows absolutely nothing.

I've searched google and all that for months now.

Extra information that might be crucial:

* This problem occured on my new pc only, on my old pc it was fine so my game is not possessed.

* My pc has good specs (not relevant to outdatedness)

* I have arma 2 on disc and arma 2 OA on steam.

* I have had this problem since vanilla, so it's not mod related.

* I'm not sure if it's relevant, but i can't see other people's direct chat. ( they see mine )

* The meters in the vehicles themselves (non hud) do function.

* I only found 1 thread relevant to my problem and it's from 2011 without any replies

* My videocard drivers should be up to date.

* I get a lot of errors saying blahblah/blahblah is missing and i can click continue to keep playing. This happens on startup, sometimes in menu's and sometimes randomly ingame.

* I have Windows 7 home premium 64bit

* Verifying integrity in Steam (for OA) says it's missing 1 file to be reacquired. (Had somethinf like that on my old pc too where i did not have this issue.

Specs, if it really helps.

- Intel core i7 3770

- Nvidia Geforce GTX 560

- Windows 7

- 1.5 terrabite

I hope you guys can help, theres no solution for this on the internet yet.

Please do not tell me to reinstall the game if you have no idea what the problem is (unless you really think it. would help)

Please pardon grammar errors or typo's; I'm typing this from my phone.

I really hope you guys can fix this problem I have and I'd like to thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Roy

Vuur150

EDIT: If there's no fix tomorrow or it lacks info, I'll get a screenshot up tomorrow as soon as i have time.

Edited by vuur150
Add info

If you copied entire profile folder from My Documents when settling on new PC, delete .cfg files (might want to backup them before) and let game generate new one.

If you copied entire profile folder from My Documents when settling on new PC, delete .cfg files (might want to backup them before) and let game generate new one.

Sadly I didn't take anything from my old PC to my new one.

Might this still help or be worth a try, though?

Thanks

I get a lot of errors saying blahblah/blahblah is missing and i can click continue to keep playing.

No need to be specific on shown error messages, they are just there for fun.

Myke;2277911']No need to be specific on shown error messages' date=' they are just there for fun.[/quote']

Like i said, I wrote that from my phone. I just got home so I'm going to get some screenshots from the startup errors and in a singleplayer mission, up in a sec. You can also see the missing speed there

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

The only error i got was when i was receiving mission file from a multiplayer mission called wasteland.

It goes; No entry 'bin/config.bin/CfgGlasses.COREV_Hat_Face_Cover'.

If i didn't mention it yet; my problem is fixed, i tried the littlebird scenario in singleplayer first and it showed a speed meter etc. Then i tried multiplayer and that did too, i have NO idea how it got fixed but it works now.

Edited by vuur150
Solved?

Perhaps un-install Arma2 and do a full reinstall.

I am having this problem. Didn't happen until after I updated it to the new steam integrated patch. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the problem got worse and am now missing the c-130j file which steam won't detect as a missing file.

I have the same specs except my GFX card is nividia g720