Sign in to follow this  
nephros

How do you lean your head out the door?

I have seen a YouTube of sling loading where the pilot leans his head sideways out the door so he can see the rope engage the target. I assumed this would be done with the lean keys (Q and E in ARMA), but not only does that do nothing for me in the helicopter, it does nothing for me when I'm walking outside of the helicopter. I checked my key bindings and they are correct. Is this normal?

I think its normal for unarmed units to not be able to lean, but I'm not sure.

If you want to lean whilst in the helicopter, you'll want to hold down left CTRL and use the Q and E keys. Hold left CTRL and numpad 5 to center your view again.

Holding left CTRL and pressing NUMPAD 2, 4, 6, 8 will allow you to sit back, slide left, right and sit forward. Not the best explanation but try it, you'll see what I mean. :) I think its these controls that your after.

Thanks, that worked. I had those functions inactivated on my track ir because I kept inadvertently activaying them in arma 2. Working now.

That's it.

I wasn't using track IR for leaning at first cause

But now it's fine. Just set it up in your command option and active the correct axe in your TIR Software. Also don't forged to adjust your curves ! No dead zone while flying !

Edited by hon0