Sign in to follow this  
ardvarkdb

Tonali Special Forces 2013 Redux

I doubt I will do a multicam texture. I did make one, but I didn't like it that much. There will be plenty of multicam in the near future :)

As far as vehicles go, I made an mi-24 retexture with the Tonal camo on it, but I'm not sure if I like it. I am not planning to do any others but if someone is interested in helping let me know.

As far as the ACE features go, I'm not sure exactly what those features are, I don't know all the ins and outs of ace. The ace interaction that lets you treat wounds and stuff works on all units for me. I don't know what all those other things you mentioned are lol, so if anyone can explain further what you are referring to or if anyone knows what the issue is let me know!

I Love your units and Im glad you released these, I did notice one thing though, your colors for the camouflage pattern seem to be a little darker I dont know if this was intentional or maybe you went with a new pattern altogether I thought I remember them being a brush stroke like belgian congo or rhodesian pattern.

Not a huge deal, but do you think you would ever consider putting them in this pattern?

http://www.varusteleka.fi/pictures/12725.jpg

http://www.tridentmilitary.com/new-photos10/rhodesian-1b.jpg

I like these a lot, and am looking forward to the final release!

However, I can´t find any classname lists in the readme or here... is there any way/place to find these out? I apologize if I overlooked something obvious. I am just trying to get these to work with Ryd High Command.

Cheers

Insta

I get them from mission.sqf by placing all units on desert and saving, unless of course they are available somehere?

I like these a lot, and am looking forward to the final release!

However, I can´t find any classname lists in the readme or here... is there any way/place to find these out? I apologize if I overlooked something obvious. I am just trying to get these to work with Ryd High Command.

Cheers

Insta

I dont think they were posted, as this is a BETA release at the moment.

I do so love hidden selections, they make everything profoundly spiffing for the editing gentleman at large. I feel like a shopaholic in a shoe store.

Very nice units indeed, Mr. Aa.

Thank's for these. .I've just come back after another long break. Last time i was on here i noticed a severe lack of a replacment configs for new addon units. When i asked i got told from a few "regulars" Make your own. I see these units also don't come with a replacment config. Fair enough but it dosn't encorage New types does it? Anyone up for making a replacment Config?

I've just noticed that the units on the BLUEFOR side speak russian. Maybe you could change that to english in the next version?

I think the lore with the TSF is that their russian Mercenaries working for the Tonali Govt

@ardvarkdb,

Thanks a lot for sharing futurist camo unit.

And by the way, would you release this units for us:

bissig4c_zps6760d58e.png

Really cool, especially the helmet stuff.

I think the lore with the TSF is that their russian Mercenaries working for the Tonali Govt

The Tonalese Scouts were actually an indigenous force formed by an ex-Rhodesian soldier. The Tonalese gov't supposedly maintains good relations with the United States gov't with US Special Operations forces working in country from time to time.

Here's a snippet from the orginal Tonal mod's documentation

1st Tonal Scouts Company Background:

Formed by a retired Rhodesian captain and former legionnaire, the Tonal Scouts

are the mainland’s first line of defense.

Mostly made up of white men from African bush wars, the scouts are expert

trackers, stalkers, hunters and guerillas, though they recruit indigenous young

men with hunting and tracking talents. Spending their time patrolling remote and

jungle regions of Tonal, the scouts are the primary intel source for the TDF.

They don’t have the hardware of the western special forces, but with their

training and knowledge of the archipelago they are the elite of the TDF.

As the only TDF unit capable of spending extended time in the jungles, the

scouts are also used for direct action and rescue missions, and their specialty of

guerilla warfare and counter insurgency operations.

Following the 2003 Government policy of zero-tolerance of rebels forces, the

Tonal Scouts have been working tirelessly on locating and destroying rebel

assets in the jungle and suppressing rebel income sources.

Aside from the jungle, the scouts are often used to support regular TDF infantry

in assault, as their skill and knowledge of the terrain can turn the tide of many

battles.

The scouts are also used as guides for international peacekeepers and occasional

SF who deploy. Interactions with SF has also given the Tonal Scouts extra

counter-insurgency training. They have the skills for undercover work amongst

the population, and are in closer contact with the locals than any other TDF soldiers.

Due to tight knit tribal groups being near impossible to infiltrate, local

black scouts will more often be used for undercover work. The majority of plainclothes

operations by scouts have taken place at the end of longer

investigations, during the raids and busts in towns and Tonali's that occur often

to suppress rising anti-government militia.

Hey ard, just wanted to say thanks for releasing this excellent addon-- those CT desert troops are spot-on, just messing around with them in the editor is giving me all kinds of ideas...