Sign in to follow this  
ardvarkdb

Tonali Special Forces 2013 Redux

@Ghostnineone - the vest with no back was based on the original OFP designs.

I am working on a small update to fix the horrible shadows on the Counter-Terror guys, didn't realize they were that bad but me tweaking them right before release was a bad idea :)

as for the TF86 SF guys, I am no longer working on those but I am working on two other packs that will see the light of day sooner or later ;)

These guys look badass! The only thing that bugs me is the vests that only cover the front, the suspender things bother me and I've never seen anyone wear vests like that except in arma.

It's called a chest rig. If you're an assaulter you wear it over your armor, or, if you doing recon/sniper/low vis ops, over your tshirt/jacket. Before you make an authoritative statement like this, I suggest you do some research.

Ardy, congrats on the release! Outstanding work!

@Ghostnineone - the vest with no back was based on the original OFP designs.

I am working on a small update to fix the horrible shadows on the Counter-Terror guys, didn't realize they were that bad but me tweaking them right before release was a bad idea :)

as for the TF86 SF guys, I am no longer working on those but I am working on two other packs that will see the light of day sooner or later ;)

aww, the temp guys are the best looking units around! any hints on what the new units will be? >_>

Sorry for a quick update folks and a crappy initial release, but I've fixed all the shadow bugs and the missing collars so the units should all be playable. Q&A team (me) = fired.

I have also added configs for West and East sides

Thanks for great addon and quick update.

Any chance to add holsters?

Also, in v.0.6 CT Grenadiers both standard and © had their faces covered with shemags - not sure if it's bug or feature :p

Sorry for a quick update folks and a crappy initial release, but I've fixed all the shadow bugs and the missing collars so the units should all be playable. Q&A team (me) = fired.

I have also added configs for West and East sides

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb7FgSzeGqg <----

"Step into my office"

Ben Stiller - "Why?"

"Cuz your f#$@in fired!"

A ghost from the past!

Finally have some time to check out new stuff released and this surely will be one of the first. :)

Funny, just a few days before your release I thought "If only we could have at least Tonal units back..."

Another issue: Medics don't seem to be able to heal. Can anyone confirm?

Looks like a simple config thing. I put in the code for them to be medics but forgot to set it to true. I'll update it for the next release. Thanks for the heads up!

Ardvarkdb, The undertaker of mods, the heathen of textures, the apostle of models, this man and this man alone can produce such work.

Edited by BayAreaMerc

You should probably check the credits in the readme BayAreaMerc, ;)

Sabre is a texturing god.

Sabre is a texturing god.

True story!

Just wanted to say that I am having a ball with these guys on Duala

I didn't do any of the textures for this version, and I'm only doing a couple of small things for the next.

This one is Ardy's deal and whoever is listed in the OP credits :)

Edited by Sabre

True story!

Just wanted to say that I am having a ball with these guys on Duala

Yeah. I had to download Duala just for these because I wanted to live my Tonal Time again (well Kinda Tonal)

will You add operators in multicam?

Thats worth while suggestion, but i think the purpose of this addon is to recreate the TSF from the OFP days.

Loving these units, especially the Counter-Terrorists.

Sadly, for some reason they don't work with ACE2 features (meaning no ACE action menu, wounding system, animated reticles etc.). It's just the CTs, the rest of the Tonali forces don't seem to have any sort of incompatibility. :/

Any clues on that? Using only ACE2 1.14RC1 and your units.

EDIT: Okay, now I am confused even more.

Did some testing with the problematic CT units and the features seem to work ONLY if I put myself in a squad with ANY sort of unit which is compatible with ACE (normal PMC troops, Cherarus Tiger camo soldier etc.). I am seriously at loss now *shrugs*

Total guess, but could this be somehow related to the random skin selecting feature? Since it's only them. :)

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Thanks for these units. The name brings back great/not-so-great memories (missions that went bad real fast). :o I can't tell you how many times I've reinstalled Ofp.

Definately wandering down memory-lane with these. Any plans for some vehicles and heli's? Maybe some retexured BIS armed military offroads and maybe UH-1H or AS-350?