Sign in to follow this  
totalboffin

Insurgency Sim

Insurgency Simulator is based on the well-known Insurgency gameplay (where Blufor team search for hidden weapon caches across map by locating intelligence from Opfor). Insurgency Sim offers a much richer and realistic experience. Insurgency Sim was originally created for the Takistan map, but there are versions for Zargabad, Lingor and Chernarus too. This mission type is designed for our dedicated server and a COOP game style with just a few OPFOR human players to mix things up.

Insurgency Sim main feature list:

- No additional mods required, unless playing on Lingor map. ACE version is also available.

- Weapon choice restricted depending on role, emphasising the importance of each squad member.

- Randomised roadside IEDs.

- Suicide bombers (on foot and in vehicles).

- AI are more proactive and unpredictable. Option to adjust number of AI dynamically.

- Additional small villages added to Takistan and Zargabad maps.

- Ambient civilians and civilian vehicles.

- A variety of side missions to provide an alternative to cache-hunting (Takistan only so far).

- Customise the MHQ vehicle loadout in the mission’s parameters.

- Additional ambient sounds, such as music in village markets, mosque prayer, etc.

- Added TPW Suppression system for suppressing AI.

- Vehicles can be loaded into Chinooks (BTK script).

- AI land and air patrols (UPS script).

- Supports ACRE radio mod.

BLUFOR (human players):

- Option so that only squad leaders can see which map squares are red.

- Intel is gathered by searching insurgents’ dead bodies, questioning the civilians or finding laptops. No more magic suitcases!

- Vehicles can deploy sand bags and H-barriers and have additional equipment and ammunition. They also have longer respawn delays, so take care of them.

- Ambient light at night (TPW script)

- Remote artillery support

- Machine gunner role is able to defuse IEDs. Approach suspected booby-trapped objects with caution!

- Verbal commands can be issued to civilians, such as, “stop, lie down.†Can be mapped to a key.

- Additional explosive charges when equipped with C4 (breaching charge and improvised claymore)

- Call in the following support elements (Artillery, Apache, A-10, Merlin, Chinook, Lynx, Little Bird, Even more...)

OPFOR (human players):

- Insurgent players spawn as civilians and can blend in with the population.

- Can wear suicide bomb vest.

- Can set proximity fuse to IED to act as an anti-personnel mine.

- Can attach IEDs to objects and detonate them remotely, ie. attach a bomb to a vehicle and roll it towards the enemy, attach to a cow etc.

- Threaten the local populace: some civilians may give you weapons or access to a vehicle.

- Random weapons and equipment, including night vision goggles, flares and more.

- Find the cache before the BLUFOR for some extra firepower inside.

- Light campfires or use a jerry can to make a larger fire which will billow black smoke. Best used to interfere with night goggles or as a strong psychological weapon...

If you are interested in trying out the above mission type, check out totalboffin.blogspot.com for details on our the current servers. We are running a Takistan and Lingor version of Insurgency Sim at the moment.

The code behind this is very rough and ready (we were aiming to try features and build an interesting mission type)

Edited by totalboffin

What's really different about this version of Insurgency? From what I can tell it's mostly additional features like side missions and more logistical actions for players.

(Not trying to be rude, just genuinely curious)

Does this have any bug fixes? I know on previous versions of insurgency the OPfor players would be teleported around the map with the AI.

Khaki : The gameplay is the same as Insurgency, this is just a revision on that with many tweaks to try to improve the gameplay or at least make it more interesting.

Hazey : The way the Opfor players work in this version has been revised, you take the place of an AI Opfor soldier by clicking on their position on the map, however you are a civilian with the AI Opfors weapons/equipment. With this change the major advantage is that Opfor can use the team radio without any issues which plague the original. Once a player has chosen a position, you have to play out until you die.

Khaki : The gameplay is the same as Insurgency, this is just a revision on that with many tweaks to try to improve the gameplay or at least make it more interesting.

Hazey : The way the Opfor players work in this version has been revised, you take the place of an AI Opfor soldier by clicking on their position on the map, however you are a civilian with the AI Opfors weapons/equipment. With this change the major advantage is that Opfor can use the team radio without any issues which plague the original. Once a player has chosen a position, you have to play out until you die.

That sounds like a good revision, we may have to take a look at this. Is there anyway you can create a zip of all the latest version maps? It would make it easier for most of us to play and test unless you are not releasing the map in which case I am confused on the thread.

Yes these will be released for download, however I just need to update each version before they are available.

This mission and the work you have put into it is Amazing. Thank you very much.

Hey. This mission sounds great!

Where can I download or play this?

I believe I found a version of it that someone had edited, but the game always started with me spawning in the air.