Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Cyberpunk 2077

I can´t wait to get my hands on this game

21 minutes ago, Tonci87 said:

I can´t wait to get my hands on this game

You and me both but they likely still have long way to go.

If only The Witcher 3 was´nt sitting in my backlog for 2 years straight in fear of neglecting online peeps...

I truly envy Viperite´s cool with playing SP games :dozingoff:

• Like 1

Nice, I expect an amazing game from CD projekt. There are still good game development company around.

I'm definitely pumped for this title. This studio won me over with the Witcher series, Wild Hunt being my all time favorite RPG...the quality of that game still amazes me. I have no doubt this title will be right up there with it, and very excited to see their approach on it all. 

Am I the only one who would looooooove to have a car like the one in the trailer?

• Like 1

GameSpot E3 interview, some info about vehicles as well. :)

• Like 1

I won't say this caused a hypegasm but I am excited. Liked the whole Witcher series and as a big cyberpunk freak I always wanted a true sandbox but not empty and shallow world. Was actually thinking couple of years ago when GTA V was out if Rockstar ever wanted to do a cyberpunk game with their sandbox skills and now looks like CD Projekt will make this dream come true. Haven't been so hyped since ages.

Hah they even have Trauma teams:

http://cyberpunk.wikia.com/wiki/Trauma_Team_International

So, for anyone like me who went under a rock in meanwhile, it's out tomorrow, December the 10th. You can download it from official CDPR store GoG.com in ~13 hours from time of this post - CET.

Have fun!

Cyberpunk seems to be doing pretty well according to Steam reviews. I'm tempted to buy now but I'm going to wait for the bugs to be squashed. Feel bad for the Xbox One/PS4 players who have a gimped down game regarding graphical fidelity. Kind of a shameful thing CDPR did about last gen consoles, especially since next gen is so hard to purchase due to low availability. 

3 hours ago, zSCHIZOz said:

Kind of a shameful thing CDPR did about last gen consoles, especially since next gen is so hard to purchase due to low availability. 

It's not that, the game is just borderline unplayable on HDD. They hardly made it even run for release. Keyboard controls are barely stitched up, broken quests, performance is not great on SSD either. It's just unfinished. It is getting fixed though, update 1.04 was released on friday and they have another one releasing in next few days addressing some of the most jarring issues.

I reckon get it in at least two weeks or better yet, a month from now. It was similar story with The Witcher 3, albeit this is worse. It took them few weeks to get TW3 sorted out and after a year worth of patching it runs great, look great and has the best story telling to date. On the other hand, it is quite a step up from TW3.

It should've been delayed for at least another month but there are all kinds of thing to think about like partners and investors. Some of the devs were allegedly even getting death threats after the latest delay, so there is also that.

Regardless, it's nothing we aren't use to around here on BIF, Old Man being the latest and prime example. Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing any of it but it is what it is at this point and at least the game is really good, yet unfinished. Opposed to being trash and unfinished, what Ubisoft for example has been doing for past decade. The reasons for that are vast and layered though.

29 minutes ago, Janez said:

It's just unfinished.

Exactly. Makes me wonder (again) why devs (well, whoever actually decideds that matters) even bind themselves by public declaration of planned release date. All the drama would be poof-gone otherwise. From the other hand, people should know by now, that, pathologically, in this market "1.00" means usually "expensive early access to public betatests". Terrible habit but normal thing nevertheless. 

Apart from that, I see no practical reason to make any special fuss, best just keep waiting for the real premiere or, even better (unless you wish to support devs), few years more for a ready product, which means all the patches, DLCs and lower price. Development of the game continues till then de facto. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

Exactly. Makes me wonder (again) why devs (well, whoever actually decideds that matters) even bind themselves by public declaration of planned release date.

I imagine that big business - AAA publishing in this case - doesn't work quite like that, especially for publicly traded companies. There are quotas to achieve with every fiscal quarter. Throughout this decade with the rise of microtransactions and even unregulated gambling with no monetary rewards in form of lootboxes, targeting youth and those susceptible to addiction, there is also this immense increase in lust for endless growth. That goes until it doesn't though but for now, not much is being reverted, just surprise mechanics replaced with timed exclusivity.

From the other hand, people should know by now, that, pathologically, in this market "1.00" means usually "expensive early access to public betatests". Terrible habit but normal thing nevertheless.

Yeah, it can get pretty creepy too.

Apart from that, I see no practical reason to make any special fuss, best just keep waiting for the real premiere or, even better (unless you wish to support devs), few years more for a ready product, which means all the patches, DLCs and lower price. Development of the game continues till then de facto.

That's what I've been doing for the most part in the past decade but what can I say, I have a soft spot for these slavs. The stories can be so refreshing and relatable. No disrespect to our American friends but them guys can sometimes get stuck a bit much in their own little bubble. Everything cycles through eventually though but it can mean years of bad games in our case.

• Like 1

I didn't buy the game so far but I saw quite a lot of videos where the game runs pretty bad on consoles as far as I could see. IMHO they released too early with a lot of bugs. Gamers are very disappointed especially the console crowd.

As usual the game was over-hyped and turned out to be a mess on PlayStation and XBox.

The reviews are mostly bad.

14 hours ago, nettrucker said:

As usual the game was over-hyped and turned out to be a mess on PlayStation and XBox.

It's a proper mess on PC as well if you run it on a regular drive. 😄 😢

• Like 1

hi Janez

maybe they felt the pressure and released the game notwithstanding the bugs. I don't know exactly how many times the official release date was delayed, maybe they caved in to the pressure not only from gamers but most probably also from shareholders.

As far as I know the game has been per-ordered on the magnitude of 8.000.000 copies if I'm not wrong. If it wasn't for the bugs it most probably would have made game of the year. 😀

• Like 1

That is certainly a very valid possibility. The value of their stock dropped with every delay and by quite some margin after the latest one. The pressure and hype was no doubt something on par with a new Grand Theft Auto release.

I mean, you probably remember how it was when Arma 2 was about to release, this forum was just about to explode. We were all so excited, it was ridiculous thinking back but also kinda endearing. And so then the German release came and... well yeah, many players were lost that day, no matter how good followup games are, they will never come back. Regardless, BI felt they had to pull the trigger early at the time and eventually it all turned out rather well I think.

Man, last five years was so bad though, one live service flop after another and usually I would be really pissed about the broken quests because it's one thing for the game to run or look bad but if progress gets halted because you're stuck on a quest, that's really bad. But you know what, I'm not, I just don't have it in me at this moment, it's the end of a difficult year and I'm just grateful we're all still here, hanging out and playing games. Thank dear God!

They'll fix and polish CP eventually and in the meanwhile I'll be doing those NCPD and fixer gigs, who knows, Old Man just might get fixed till then as well 😁. It's quite incredible though how CDPR can makes this type of encounters feel like each one of them is completely unique. Well dialogue that sounds like something real people would actually say certainly helps, that's been like a sore thumb in games for few years now with all the fear of professionally outraged mobs and whatnot.

As I said before however, get it in about a month or so. Perhaps keep an eye on their forum Red Tracker to see whats the latest on updates.

• Like 2

I mean, you probably remember how it was when Arma 2 was about to release, this forum was just about to explode. We were all so excited, it was ridiculous thinking back but also kinda endearing. And so then the German release came and... well yeah, many players were lost that day, no matter how good followup games are, they will never come back. Regardless, BI felt they had to pull the trigger early at the time and eventually it all turned out rather well I think.

Yeah I remember that.  I'm normally waiting 6 month up to a year before I play newer games released ArmA was the only exception. Today's games are full of bugs I can't remember a game which has been released which hadn't any problems. For me game-play is actually more important than graphics therefore I'm still playing old games which might be considered classics or retro.

Yeah, I agree with you that the gaming industry has very much changed and not for the better IMHO. Live services and loot boxes just to gain maximum profits from our "addiction". It's the suits that have taken over gaming and they don't give a damn about gaming. They see the opportunity to turn every little thing into profit which is really a sad state of affairs.

Man, last five years was so bad though, one live service flop after another and usually I would be really pissed about the broken quests because it's one thing for the game to run or look bad but if progress gets halted because you're stuck on a quest, that's really bad. But you know what, I'm not, I just don't have it in me at this moment, it's the end of the year, I'm just grateful we're all still here, hanging out and playing games. Thank God!

I agree with you on that . . . that's why I'm waiting quite some time before playing newer games, sadly most developers abandon their games after a few patches and the gamers move on. I personally believe that CDPR will fix the game but I also believe that it will take a little bit more then a couple of months to get it straight. It is one of the most ambitious games that has ever been developed. I'll give it some time before I will purchase it.

All the best 😀

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nettrucker said:

I personally believe that CDPR will fix the game but I also believe that it will take a little bit more then a couple of months to get it straight.

Oh yeah, for sure. I meant it will take a ~month to make it playable without worrying if the next quest is gonna bug out and alt-tab all the time to check on the net about it.

Old Man dev reacts to 8mb saved game size limit.

tZK0o60.jpeg

Spoiler

Hotfix 1.06 removed the limit.

Marcin Iwiński, CD Projekt's co-founder put out an official statement on what happened, a video and Q&A. It basically goes over last gen consoles having slow drives and streaming issues that come with that. He also explains what happened with console reviews.

That's all fine and dandy for those who's head didn't boil for one reason or another but it doesn't explain why Mack's (Worth a Buy) PC review allegedly got censored/blacklisted/shadowbanned on YouTube.

Regardless, their plan is to fix the issues over next few months and release more content down the line.

1 hour ago, Janez said:

It basically goes over last gen consoles having slow drives and streaming issues that come with that.

Uh oh, that's a cheap excuse, since people on PCs (powerful ones too) also had quite obvious issues. And that doesn't explain odd design philosophy, especially regarding NPC/police/gangs/city interaction. Level of enviroment simulation is dated, to put it nicely. Matter of fact, without the pretty graphics, it's really on par to... GTA3 from 2001. And even then GTA3 does some things better (like AI path-finding and fleeing reaction).

I wouldn't really care, because even though I'm a fan of cyberpunk genre, I don't like Witcher games. So I wasn't really interested in CP2077. But, as it is now known, CDPR was granted a 10 million PLN subsidy from Polish National Research and Development Centre for the very "city simulation" that sucks so much. That's more than "serious" R&D gets from public budget (including, for example, defense projects), and CDPR got 4 grants (!) for a total sum of 27 million PLN. And in 2020, additional subsidy for COVID lockdown (7 mil PLN IIRC).

So yeah, even though I wasn't interested in game, I'm kinda livid now, because... I already kinda-sorta paid for this mess. And, let's be honest, outside of main quest, and side-quests related to main story, the rest of the game ("gigs" and other small interactions like crime scenes) is really unimaginative. It doesn't feel "next-gen" at all, more like your typical Far Cry clone, just with a bunch of RPG elements slapped on (which is, IIRC, already a thing in Far Cry/other Ubi games). Heck, even main story seems gutted, as people are finding in main quests lots of references to some previous story events which where not shown to players.

Also, I'm not really buying his excuse, that they "overestimated the task" of bringing the game to last-gen consoles. That's because first "in-game" demos/teasers/trailers were made years before anybody heard about PS5/Xbox-whatever-it's-the-latest. Heck, Reddit is full of comparisons between old CDPR promo vids, and final game (where final product is indeed looking way better). So it seems to me that they took a "last-gen" game, and upgraded for new features. Which is really how it should go, since they started working on a game around 2016, only 2 years after PS4 premiere.

All in all, bug fixing won't be enough - this game really needs a gargantuic effort to bring it even to "last-gen" gameplay standards. Small dev, like Hello Games of No Man's Sky fame, who has everything to loose, can do it. But CDPR? They are similiar to BIS now - small-to-medium sized studio but with AAA ego. They are a "serious" business now, and they can afford losses. For Sean Murray the fate of NMS was question of "do I continue to make games, or find a job in Tesco". For Marcin Iwiński failure of CP2077 is "few lean years after over decade of non-stop commercial success".

2 hours ago, Janez said:

why Mack's (Worth a Buy) PC review allegedly got censored/blacklisted/shadowbanned on YouTube

IIRC it was because of the part with, um... a big sex-toy used as a weapon. His second upload, without big pink... blunt weapon... is showing normal. (Though this begs question if any other CP2077 vids with that... thing... were delisted - gameplays I've seen had lots of raunchy stuff, but not that particular one)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Uh oh, that's a cheap excuse, since people on PCs (powerful ones too) also had quite obvious issues.

Oh absolutely, I'd estimate the game at the time of release needed at least 6 months of development under normal circumstances, lack of drive bandwidth however is contributing to the most jarring issue on last gen consoles - things simply not loading in. If one installs the game on regular HDD it's similar on PC as well.

It doesn't feel "next-gen" at all

I would put it like, it feels like there is massive potential for next-gen gameplay but a lot of it is in quite an infant state. Therefore, at this time, not next-gen at all as you already described quite well across the board.

Thank you very much for info on government subventions they received! If I'm getting this right, they got around 6 million EUR for R&D, plus 1,5 million EUR in relation to COVID? Also, I imagine Polish economy is not exactly on level of Germany lets say.

Interesting you mention The Witcher, I suppose some systems are similar indeed, you can just loot everything once again, no stealing, no penalties. It actually deters from gameplay this whole looting thing, you often find yourself just frantically scanning (literally in CP77) everything and everywhere instead of actually playing and enjoying the game. Other most important part of TW is combat which... I tolerated and is the reason why I most likely will never play it again. Happy to report though that combat and gunplay is pretty good in CP77, weapons even have chambered reloads although you don't get an extra round on top of new magazine, which is a shame considering there is an ammo pool rather then spare magazines. Everything, from melee (Katanas are awesome) to quickhacking is viable though, albeit unpolished.

Story wise, interacting with it, The Witcher 3 captured my attention like no other game before or since. No One Lives Forever and CWC/resistance comes close but not quite like that. I've never seen anything like that in video game before, maybe some scenes in first The Last of Us but I don't play on consoles, so 🤷‍♂️.

You are correct, CP77 story, one can tell it could use some more love, it was packed up too soon and you can't just hotfix that anymore but most scenes so far (I'm just doing these side jobs for now and some really are jobs...) are incredibly emotional, relatable in a sense how an actual person would react and behave. I'm playing fem V and the voice actress truly did an exquisite job. I wont spoil stuff here, but some scenes... and everything is in first person you know. Touching, really!

Small dev, like Hello Games of No Man's Sky fame, who has everything to loose, can do it. But CDPR? They are similiar to BIS now - small-to-medium sized studio but with AAA ego. They are a "serious" business now, and they can afford losses. For Sean Murray the fate of NMS was question of "do I continue to make games, or find a job in Tesco". For Marcin Iwiński failure of CP2077 is "few lean years after over decade of non-stop commercial success".

You said it buddy but one thing I'd still like point out is that statement and video like that is more then we've seen from pretty much any other company so far. Excuses sound or not, I can appreciate a man taking at least some responsibility. Despite everything, it takes guts to stand there and say you f'd up, something we're severely lacking in society for the past sixty or so years. Things are how they are because of moral degradation now that we decided we don't need God, not solely because of this or that -ism, but I digress.

On the other hand, I can also understand your sentiment since, in a way, you actually payed for this and they binned it. Regardless, what we need now is for them to get a grip and actually finish this projekt.

IIRC it was because of the part with, um... a big sex-toy used as a weapon. His second upload, without big pink... blunt weapon... is showing normal. (Though this begs question if any other CP2077 vids with that... thing... were delisted - gameplays I've seen had lots of raunchy stuff, but not that particular one)

I haven't watched the review personally since I don't want any spoilers whatsoever. That's probably the most likely scenario but he doesn't seem to be under that impression the way he's talking, not only in this video but even this video he titled Cybergate. Maybe he's just playing on his strings a bit.

• Like 1