Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Cyberpunk 2077

I think CD projekt Red will make a really awesome game

I concur! Hot, rampaging female robots are always a sign of that :D ... oh the fact that it will be non linear and story driven :D

I will follow this project for sure, CD Project made some nice game recently :)

ingame videos.

Although the video is CGI CD Projekt have apparently stated that it's their target render quality for when it's released, which although there's no date, I'd imagine, is in 2015. Gonna be interesting to see what kind of avenue they take, wonder if you'll be part of MAX-TAC...

Edited by STALKERGB

Imagine what she'll do to you if you forgot to wash the dishes or take out the trash.:lookaround:

I liked the trailer,it was CGI but being CD Projekt didn't disappoint so far.

It would be really hard for me to keep the hype fever down,but I'm a sucker for cyberpunk so I'm very excited for C77.Besides the story,I hope they concentrate on exploration and interesting side quests.

Considering how good TW 2 looks I don't worry about graphical fidelity. I just hope they manage to finally make a game that doesn't get progressively easier the further you go into the game. If it wasn't for the really good story telling I probably would have stopped playing after the 2nd Act. I have played through TW 2 twice because I wanted to know how the other path plays out, thinking about doing a 3rd playthrough atm.

I'm pretty exited about the game, I played Cyberpunk 2020 RPG game before, we had a few sessions with guys from our rpg club many years ago. Now I can say in 2012 that the vision of the world from from Cyberpunk year 2020 is much more probable in 2077 than in 2020 hehe (we're many decades away from getting such hard augmentations etc) :D What really approves the forthcoming game form Cd Projekt Red is a close cooperation with Cyberpunk 2020 Creator - Mike Pondsmith Isn't that cool ? Details prevail... The cybercop executing the female wields a Militech gun, this company is present in Cyberpunk 2020 It's one of the major armaments supplier. Somehow I didn't like the story presented in the trailer, a bulletproof femme fatale with scythe arms being executed by a cop. Doesn't make any sense. Nevertheless everything in this trailer is really detailed and looks like it should be.

From wiki

On May 30, 2012 Pondsmith was confirmed to be working with CD Projekt RED on a video game set in the Cyberpunk universe.[41][42][13] On October 18, 2012 game's name and settings were revealed to be Cyberpunk 2077.[43][44] Immediately afterwards Brian Crecente was able to confirm with game's creators that Pondsmith is also working on the new edition of Cyberpunk pen and paper RPG game that would evolve the genre.[45][46][47] In the interview for GameSpot, CD Projekt's Marcin Iwinski divulged that Pondsmith's involvement in the video game development mostly focuses on game world aspect and mechanics and his input though constant, doesn't happen on a daily basis due to the distance between parties.[48] Video game creators as well as Mike Pondsmith and other R. Talsorian designers will contribute on the newly formed cyberpunk.net blog

It seemed to me that the female cyborg in the apc had the same scratches on her cheek as the mass murdering one. This detail confuses me.

Personally I think that female character is an android gone haywire (became self-aware perhaps). To me it seems like it's the one and the same character, but reprogrammed or at least re-purposed somehow (willingly or not). The guy seems more of the "Adam Jensen" type to me. Human, though with a lot of mechanical parts.

A lot of if's and but's, though. We'll see soon enough what it's all about. :rolleyes:

She's a "psycho" - the trailer shows her capture, and later, after her recruitment.

"The teaser shows how the Psycho Squad might acquire a new member. The Psycho Squad specializes in combating ‘psychos’ – individuals who overuse implants and substances that boost or otherwise alter the human body. There comes a point when they overdose on these innovations, and their bodies start to rebel against their biological body parts as well as all things organic around them. Simply put, they start killing people, who they now derisively call ‘meatbags.’â€

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/01/11/a-braindance-with-death-cyberpunks-snazzy-teaser/#more-137654

I guess there were androids in cyberpunk but I think they were much less common than cyborgs.

edit: Oh, I see Cameron has confirmed it's a cyborg... not that it really matters. A friend of mine had the Cyberpunk RPG and I had the opportunity to leaf through the books and it was total madness.

Edited by Max Power

The cop with the gun pointing at her head also seems very augmented,wonder why she went ballistic and he didn't.

Looks like her skull is also augmented(and bulletproof),if everything is augmented then I wonder if she's a cyborg like in video description or android.

The cop with the gun pointing at her head also seems very augmented,wonder why she went ballistic and he didn't.

Looks like her skull is also augmented(and bulletproof),if everything is augmented then I wonder if she's a cyborg like in video description or android.

Although I'm far from familiar with the Cyberpunk 2020, and as CameronMcDonald was getting at when someone suffers from "Cyberpsychosis" cause by "Cybernetic Implant Rejection Syndrome", Max-Tac (informally called Physco Squad) frequently respond to deal with the situation. Often they recruit from those they deal with and "reprogramme" them to work for Max-Tac.

Yeah IIRC there was a humanity stat for you characters in that game. The more augmented you got, the less humanity you have. The less humanity you have, the greater chance of cybernetic psychosis you have, or something like that.

Often they recruit from those they deal with and "reprogramme" them to work for Max-Tac.

Don't think that statement is exactly accurate to Cyberpunk cannon, in that I think most of the psychos end up terminated with extreme prejudice, but at the same time it’s also sort of irrelevant. Opportunism (read corruption) is what keeps the dystopian world of Cyberpunk running so reprogramming a psycho could just as easily be seen as ‘not unnecessarily wasting loads of expensive hardware’.

I had the first edition, Cyberpunk 2013, and won the 2020 edition later at a role playing convention (playing a Pulp Fiction inspired freeform, they gave me the name Mr Black!, How Could I lose?)

Not quite sure how the next few years of gaming could look any better? As if A3, DayZ, Star Citizen and Elite didn’t have my inner gaming geek excited enough, now we get this. All I need to hear now is that there is going to be another huge leap in CPU and GPU power and 2k 120hz screens will become an affordable norm in time to enjoy all this

Trailer was meh

Silly costumes, silly amor, silly helmets, randomly designed guns, robot chick and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

Looks like a very generic bland futuristic setting without any character and music to go with it was just today's club fodder.

I thought it was stylish, but i still know literally nothing about the game, except that it will take place in 2077 and there will be metal women.

i guess the point of a 3d animation done outside of the game engine, as a teaser, is to give out the mood, and some elements (including style and environment) that the player will interact with. NOT to put it all on the table.

Trailer was meh

Silly costumes, silly amor, silly helmets, randomly designed guns, robot chick and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

Looks like a very generic bland futuristic setting without any character and music to go with it was just today's club fodder.

What, having problems with a game clearly set in distant future not having soldiers in ACU carrying M4's and fighting in deserts to the sound of AC/DC?

i guess the point of a 3d animation done outside of the game engine, as a teaser, is to give out the mood, and some elements (including style and environment) that the player will interact with. NOT to put it all on the table.

Exactly. It's kinda funny to see people forget that this is a teaser for a product that's at least 2 years away. It's a pretty good showing considering that.

If you really want to see a disappointing teaser for something less than 2 months away, check out the season 3 teaser for Game of Thrones.

admittedly I was also a bit put out by the pre rendered thing as well but what you say is quite right esp' considering how far out the game is. It also been stated by the makers that this is also a taster for any potential artists that want to work for them, a 'recruitment' vid if you will

IGN did a pretty good break down of the vid here http://au.ign.com/videos/2013/01/10/ign-rewind-theater-cyberpunk-2077-teaser-trailer

Interesting for sure. Played the RPG in my youth, but sadly never got too immersed in the universe so I kinda just dropped out in favor of other more fantasy related RPGs. Hope it supports 1st person.