Sign in to follow this  
Sakai

"Forze Armate di Capraia" Shaping Alternative History

Untitled.png

Mod Introduction:

Forze Armate di Capraia - Armed Forces of Capraia, is my "version" of military for the map made called "Capraia" by the French dev-team "NGStudio", I was fascinated by the landscape, colors and the history of it so I thought, why not making army for it?, the island keeps its original story and location till 1796, in the history line Capraia was ruled by the Merchant Republic of Capraia and competed with fellow ally Venice, in the 1930 it has been occupied by the Nazi Germany and freed and given independence in 1945 by Britain and France and it became a Republic of Capraia, a small island with a military and oil...

Please do understand this is not a official mod of any type to the original map, this is a personal mod im doing by myself because I feel like this beautiful map needs it inhabitants so I decided to change the history.

I will be trying to add as much as "community" made stuff into it and trying to not use original BIS made vehicles so its not another "custom military" with BIS retextured vehicles, please give me suggestion's of what you would like to see in, I really prefer to follow the people that like it than do stuff that people might not like.

FAC is not strong either, it does not have much money to buy 21st century top notch equipment, indeed it exports a bit of oil but not much.

In our alternative history, FAC will be fighting against Invasion of Takistan, as they claim the island as their ownership, US will be supporting Republic of Capraia as the country is their oil supplier.

Screenshots

arma2oa_2013_01_18_20_47_53_335.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_04_13_408.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_05_51_924.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_05_57_612.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_06_03_249.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_06_48_334.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_07_13_479.png

arma2oa_2013_01_14_15_44_11_939.png

arma2oa_2013_01_18_20_47_29_395.png

You will find more screenshots on other pages!

Credits

BIS

Lennard

Vilas

BIS

NGStudio

ACE

rygugu

CSLA Mod

CWR² Mod

Slatts

R0adki11

Christian.1987

DeviantArt

ACE Team

Please give me suggestions I would of appreciate it.

Edited by Sakai

Sounds an interesting project and concept. As a suggestion i would decide if you are going to use ACE or no ACE, as making that decision means its easier to structure the mod as you go forward. I personally would like to see it without ACE, but that is your choice at the end of the day.

I will keep an eye on this thread, its always nice to see new faction mods :)

Sounds an interesting project and concept. As a suggestion i would decide if you are going to use ACE or no ACE, as making that decision means its easier to structure the mod as you go forward. I personally would like to see it without ACE, but that is your choice at the end of the day.

I will keep an eye on this thread, its always nice to see new faction mods :)

Yea I will do NON ACE version once the ACE version is done so I am planning to do ACE and non ACE but it still surprises me that people don't use ACE

FAC Soldiers now use Slatt's M16A3's and the M4's, Machinegunner's use M60's, Automatic Riflemen at the moment are not in but looking for a weapon to give them, AT uses the M3 Gustav.

These weapon's fit pretty good, did my research and seen what countries use these weapons to fit the FAC.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Been thinking of adding Cheftain MBT but when tested it out, the quality is not too good :| a bit stuck with tanks, need some suggestions!

Still taking suggestions on the weapons if you think M16 and M4 do not fit :)

Edited by Sakai

M16/M4 seems to be used a lot in game. Something like the AUG or G36 would be nice to see for a change :) As far as tanks go, you could use something like the Leopard 1A5 or the M60A3.

These tanks here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13456 would be really out of place but I certainly haven't seen any mods use them in game which would allow yours to be more unique. Just some ideas.

Wanted to use Vilas's Leopard 1A2 but he said its not for use because of certain problem so I might need to ask CWR for the M60A3, about Asian MBT pack, they all look "very technologically advanced" but the Type 90 might fit.

Which one do you guys would of prefer to see? Type 90 or M60A3?

For the AUG or G36, which one do you suggest of AUG? seen multiple addons. G36, what kind of? like G36K's G36C's?, for example G36K for Infantry, G36C for crewmen and officer's?

I actually was looking as well by the mods, I didnt see FAMA'S used in any other mod than France, what you guys think? Famas, AUG or G36?

Edited by Sakai

I believe Vilas has a G36 pack, or some kind of Western Weapons pack anyways, that has all the G36's you'd need. Standard G36K for Team/Squad Leaders, standard G36 for most rifleman, G36 with AG36 grenade launcher for grenadier, and possibly a G3 with scope as a marksman rifle. I'm out of ideas for what you could use as an Automatic Rifleman primary, but for your Machine Gunner you could use the MG3 which (I believe) is also in that weapons pack.

FAMAS sounds cool too for the primary. Maybe you could create a special forces group that uses them or something. I know the French Point mod has some really cool FAMAS variants with all kinds of scopes and thermal sights, etc.

I believe Vilas has a G36 pack, or some kind of Western Weapons pack anyways, that has all the G36's you'd need. Standard G36K for Team/Squad Leaders, standard G36 for most rifleman, G36 with AG36 grenade launcher for grenadier, and possibly a G3 with scope as a marksman rifle. I'm out of ideas for what you could use as an Automatic Rifleman primary, but for your Machine Gunner you could use the MG3 which (I believe) is also in that weapons pack.

FAMAS sounds cool too for the primary. Maybe you could create a special forces group that uses them or something. I know the French Point mod has some really cool FAMAS variants with all kinds of scopes and thermal sights, etc.

Well the thing is, ACE has great G36 weaponry as well and I am planning to do ACE and Non ACE so for ACE If the G36 would of be chosen as Infantry Weapon I would give them the ACE G36's and than for Non ACE Vilas's G36's.

But still thinking either AUG, Famas or G36's :) need to see what people like to see.

But nice idea for Special Forces as the Famas if something else would of be used, because there is a Famas Pack with G1 and G2, if Famas would of be chosen Infantry would of get G1 and SF would of get G2 :P, no info on AUG yet, there is few and didnt test any.

As for Sidearm, the FAC has turn its side into the British L9A1 :) - as for the story, France, Italy, Britain a bit of US

Edited by Sakai

As project lead for Project ASTFOR, I can understand how going fictional can be sometimes frustrating with possible routes to take. If I could give any suggestion, mine would be to sit down and think about what countries best fit your idea, and research their military and weapons used. Also take into consideration costs if you want to make your choices a little more "sound" in the real of possibility (although a little creative fun is always a great thing too!). If I had a choice of rifles, I'd probably go with AUG's as they seem a little more plausible, but also because m16's/m4's/ak's/etc get dull and boring. The famas is nice too and also rarely seen/used by units around here in the ArmAverse.

To be honest I love bullpup weaponry and I love famas and aug and this is a fierce fight to choose which one.

The plus with FAMAS pack - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8867 is that they look nice and work very well, thing with AUG is that there is few mods of them but most are not done well, what I mean is bugs or are old.

I have decided to go with FAMAS for the Infantry Weapon, G1 will go to the Infantry, and if there will be some sort of special forces, G2 will go to them, choosing FAMAS is a good idea in my opinion because there are some countries in Africa and I think Middle East even using FAMAS as main weapon.

I as well, will try to do custom names for the FAC, aka soldier's showing Italian names, but cant promise much.

I've send permission request to Christian.1987 about his FAMAS's and thanks a lot Yokhanan

P.S. Are there any Italian mods released? I do believe this mod needs something at least Italian :D specially like a plane or a heli

Edited by Sakai

Nice idea. It'd be nice and fitting, however, if the Forze Armate di Capraia had some Italian influence, being an Italian island. Maybe see if you can borrow from the Pedagne mod or something. And I know it's work-in-progress, but the camo pattern needs a whole lot of work. How about searching for Multiland camo? It's an appropriate camo for the moderate terrain, it's got colors that more closely match the terrain of the island, and it's based off of the Italian Vegetato camo pattern. But nice work so far.

PS. This is nitpicky, but just my opinion. Basing the FAC off of any of the Italian, Canadian, British, or US community mods would look better than basing if off of the CDF. But it's your mod :) And I apologize if that comes across as mean or offensive...

Nice idea. It'd be nice and fitting, however, if the Forze Armate di Capraia had some Italian influence, being an Italian island. Maybe see if you can borrow from the Pedagne mod or something. And I know it's work-in-progress, but the camo pattern needs a whole lot of work. How about searching for Multiland camo? It's an appropriate camo for the moderate terrain, it's got colors that more closely match the terrain of the island, and it's based off of the Italian Vegetato camo pattern. But nice work so far.

PS. This is nitpicky, but just my opinion. Basing the FAC off of any of the Italian, Canadian, British, or US community mods would look better than basing if off of the CDF. But it's your mod :) And I apologize if that comes across as mean or offensive...

Now you see Capraia Island in the Armaniverse is set near the Takistan, so middle east a bit, it was inhabited by Italian refugees and than they declared independence supported by Venice it was rich since it was a merchant republic but always had some clashes with Kingdom of Takistan, in 1930 it was conquered by Nazi Germany in World War 2 and freed and given independence by France, Britain and by small help of US.

Forze Armate di Capraia aka Armed Forces of Capraia is not rich and uber 21st century military power, Republic of Capraia is not big either but has some income but cost of modern warfare is too big, they are not based on CDF just because I gave them CDF units :) its to match the style of the army, they aint rich so this is why they ain't getting US Military 2009 uniform style. FAC is influenced by Britain, France, US and Italy - France - FAMAS, Birtain - L9A1, US - M1117 and more so on.

So yes once again FAC is not a Italian Army :) about the camo, as the point of rich, even so believe me if you were to fight against them as Player vs AI, it would of be very hard for you to find them... Its very effective :)

I want it to be unique, so this is why perhaps I use a fictional camouflage made by FAC, if you maybe have a fictional camouflage that you think it fits better let me know ;)

Now you see Capraia Island in the Armaniverse is set near the Takistan, so middle east a bit, it was inhabited by Italian refugees and than they declared independence supported by Venice it was rich since it was a merchant republic but always had some clashes with Kingdom of Takistan, in 1930 it was conquered by Nazi Germany in World War 2 and freed and given independence by France, Britain and by small help of US.

Forze Armate di Capraia aka Armed Forces of Capraia is not rich and uber 21st century military power, Republic of Capraia is not big either but has some income but cost of modern warfare is too big, they are not based on CDF just because I gave them CDF units :) its to match the style of the army, they aint rich so this is why they ain't getting US Military 2009 uniform style. FAC is influenced by Britain, France, US and Italy - France - FAMAS, Birtain - L9A1, US - M1117 and more so on.

So yes once again FAC is not a Italian Army :) about the camo, as the point of rich, even so believe me if you were to fight against them as Player vs AI, it would of be very hard for you to find them... Its very effective :)

I want it to be unique, so this is why perhaps I use a fictional camouflage made by FAC, if you maybe have a fictional camouflage that you think it fits better let me know ;)

Yeah. Multiland: multiland.jpg

I'd like to as main tank battle use M60A3 for elicopters use UH-60L Blackhawk by yurapetrov and Bell206b

Just nitpicking here, but if you're using the L9A1 pistol, you should call it the BHP or Browning Hi-Power. It was only ever known as the L9A1 in British service.

Welcome to the newly reformed FAC.

Thanks to the US, Capraian and Italian Forces joint operation to improve the soldier's, with Italian and American help Capraian Ministry of Defense managed to create its second camouflage called "VBPAT" or simply "Vince Branch Pattern" its sister camouflage, unknown of the look as rumor says there is one called "GBPAT" - "Grass Branch Pattern" rumor's say GBPAT will be given to the newly formed special forces but those are only rumors, its uncertain which camouflage nor name will be given to the special forces, intel suggest there will be fierce fight between GBPAT and Multiland.

These camouflages will replace the current 45 years old "Leaf & Dust" pattern which served the army well, government says that the camouflage has been created to improve its army and send message back to Kingdom of Takistan that it will not be allowed being blackmailed by it.

Tensions rise between two countries.

((FAMAS is only for show atm until permission is given, it will be removed once the creator does not allow it...))

As you can see below, crewmen, militia and pilots have now MP5A4's, these has been bought together with the MG36 from Germany.

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_03_44_819.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_04_13_408.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_05_51_924.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_05_57_612.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_06_03_249.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_06_48_334.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_07_13_479.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_08_24_539.png

arma2oa_2013_01_11_05_44_07_935.jpg

About the L9A1, I only used its name like that because there is no Browning HP for ArmA 2 as far as I know, but yes thank you for letting me know, its name shall be BHP :)

Edited by Sakai

About the L9A1, I only used its name like that because there is no Browning HP for ArmA 2 as far as I know

There are three BHPs made for ArmA that I know of.

Vilas made one which is included in P85 and his West Weapons Pack, and RobertHammer ported one from CounterStrike: Source as part of his RH Pistols Pack (I believe this one was later included in ACE as an L9A1 as well), IIRC both have wooden grips. There's also a Hi-Power Mk.III (SLP) made by the Australians at War mod, which has the later plastic grip.

Well they all look similar either way :)

One problem, if I only would of know how to create config's I would of already post some screenies some vehicles but vilas's addon's aka P85_V has no config's for each vehicle and the p85_config has no config for vehicles, all it has is config for some weapons :|

if anyone would of be able to help me I would of be grateful!

I've asked permission for M60A3 so awaiting permission :)

EDIT: Fixed the look of the vehicle camouflage to make it looks way better.

arma2oa_2013_01_12_00_50_22_237.png

arma2oa_2013_01_12_00_50_27_129.png

arma2oa_2013_01_12_00_50_30_683.png

arma2oa_2013_01_12_00_50_39_038.png

Edited by Sakai

I would like to thank "Sakai" for his work in addition to the island of Capraia, and all those who create missions on it. Community arma 2 is amazing, and I did not expect when creating it, as much that it would be used for third party creations.

Thank you.

I would like to thank "Sakai" for his work in addition to the island of Capraia, and all those who create missions on it. Community arma 2 is amazing, and I did not expect when creating it, as much that it would be used for third party creations.

Thank you.

Thank you :D even tho they aint that pretty as some people might think im trying my best :P

Edited by Sakai

Update:

flag3.jpg

As you can see I've added a Capraian ((there was no flag for it so I did my job on it :P its a connection of Genoan and Italian into one :P)) flag marker under name of "FAC Flag"

Here is a flag being blown by a Capraian wind :)

arma2oa_2013_01_12_19_59_06_941.png

arma2oa_2013_01_12_19_59_13_048.png

Here are our fella's with the flag patch :)

arma2oa_2013_01_12_20_08_45_554.png

arma2oa_2013_01_12_20_08_58_751.png

Just in case you want to see bigger sized flag:

40147334.jpg

Meanwhile waiting for some tank permission to come though, some list of aircraft will be needed :D anyone got some ideas?

I though of Mirages or JAS.

Edited by Sakai