Sign in to follow this  
bullet purveyor

New Arma title revealed at CES? Arma Tactics?

I just watched some videos in a Kotaku article about the new Nvidia gaming console Shield,

and when the presenter on the stage flicks through the games on steam big picture on stage, a titel called "Arma Tactics" pops up for a second.

http://kotaku.com/5973791/heres-a-detailed-look-at-nvidias-new-gaming-console-in-action?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Second video in the article about 10 seconds in.

Anyone know anything about this?

<a  href=Arma_tactics.jpg' alt='Arma_tactics.jpg'

Edited by Bullet Purveyor

-Arma tactics (Take control of a four-member Special Forces team in this turn-based, close-combat strategy game. With an open-world storyline, it's up to you to decide how to play through your missions and objectives. Whether facing skilled mercenaries or disorganized local militia, your strategy is the only thing that will get you through hours of intense ever-changing action.)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173369

Not that interesting to us i guess.

If it resembles Rad Soldiers or somekind of Jagged Alliance or XCOM, it may be a very nice game.

Edited by Smurf

Sorry Guys, we don't have any resources for a 3D Editor, instead enjoy this mediocre Full Spectrum Warrior clone :cool:

BIS bought some minor studios a while back, some specialized in mobile games which is a big market. No big deal.

Sounds to me like something they might make for consoles. Diversification is a good thing, so I'm all for it, even if the game itself doesn't sound all that interesting to me.

Is this going to be made by BIS? I doubt it...

I would assume it is made by the same team as Firing Range.

Sounds to me like something they might make for consoles. Diversification is a good thing, so I'm all for it, even if the game itself doesn't sound all that interesting to me.

If I'm right, they make it for the android system, so maybe for the Nivida Handheld and OUYA as well.

New banner

armaTactics-forums.jpg

http://www.arma2.com/tactics

Arma Tactics takes the finest assets used in the critically acclaimed Arma series and the best from games like Jagged Allianceâ„¢ and X-COMâ„¢.
If it resembles Rad Soldiers or somekind of Jagged Alliance or XCOM, it may be a very nice game.

:bounce3:

Strange, a few hours ago the Arma Tactics page said something along the lines of "Potential future platforms: PC, MAC and LINUX (Q3 2013)". Something along those lines, I believe there were even more platforms mentioned. Too bad I didn't make a screenshot :( Maybe a typo, error or whatever?

EDIT: nevermind, they moved that info somewhere else:

Potential future platform iOS, Android, PC, MAC, Linux expecting released date Q3 2013

Edited by zoog

Good for BI! The fact that Nvidia chose them as a partner is no small thing, especially the fact that it's a "tactics" game and it was chosen for launch.

Yes, that's good for the ArmA brand name. And for BI banking account.

Edited by ProfTournesol
All the words weren't here...

I kind of wish it wasn't called ArmA though. ArmA is an open-world military sim, and this is nothing of the sort. That makes it feel like a moneygrab tactic, using brand recognition instead of just studio recognition like I would prefer. That's my only grievance with it, I hope it does well, just wish it would do well under a different name. I do hope the soldiers will at least die with a single shot.

I kind of wish it wasn't called ArmA though. ArmA is an open-world military sim, and this is nothing of the sort. That makes it feel like a moneygrab tactic, using brand recognition instead of just studio recognition like I would prefer. That's my only grievance with it, I hope it does well, just wish it would do well under a different name. I do hope the soldiers will at least die with a single shot.

Seriously?

Well depends,CCGM and ToH are pretty dead(CCGM even faster than ToH).Seems like they're still too small to give the proper attention to multiple products like we're used with the Arma series.