Sign in to follow this  
Ub3rObama

Broken Filters

Ever since installing the beta, a long time ago, back when Day Z was 1.7.2.0 I have not been able to use filters in normal OA. If I have Day Z loaded filters work fine, but if I have normal arma + beta and put anything in the filters absolutely nothing will come up. I have searched and seen that not a single person has the problem, its extremely irritating. Thanks to Day Z commander, it also overwrote the normal OA exe, which I no longer have so I can't go back without redownloading arma.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this and can help? I am using the latest beta.

I have the same problem. If I change ping in filters to something else than 0 then I have empty server list. So, try to keep ping as 0 in filters.

Yeah but trying to find specific servers, or hosted games by friends is next to impossible.

I nearly always have no servers showing until I hit refresh twice. Hitting it only once nearly always shows no servers for me using latest betas.

[96798] Changed: When there any too many servers (>500) available matching the current filter, server browser shows close servers only.

[95307] Changed: Default matchmaking filter now shows only servers with ping < 100.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Filters are not broken. Its a feature not a bug. If you wish to find a custom server, you need to simply type part of the servers name youre looking for in the name field.

After using this system for a while, I don't like it. There are USA servers that it hides from me pretty much every time I play. My ping to this server does be about 150-200, but the game runs fine and I get no lag or warping and no complaints from the hosts. Trying to get the server to show up became so bad that I had to go on to the web and to one of those Game Tracker sites so I could find the IP of the sever and enter it into the "Remote" section of the Arma lobby.

I would like to go back to choosing what servers I can play on myself. As Arma is not capable.

I'm suffering from the same issue too. Despite of the filters, ping setting etc. I can see only some servers, usually none. For example filtering "wasteland" with max 200 ms ping usually results in 0-10 results, but I know that there are tens of servers matching the search criteria. I'd estimate that in general I can see about 10-20 % of the servers that match the filter criteria. I've used arma2.swec to search for servers and used the "Remote" function to join the wanted server. I do have a horrible connection (lagging and unsteady 0,4 / 0,1 Mb/s) connection, so maybe it could be caused just by the massively increased number of servers and therefore my connections incapability to download the server list.

Maybe soon we can choose country and continent because with last beta I find this in my ArmAOAProfile :confused:

browsingCountry="";

browsingRegion=0;

browsingSubregion=0;

I'm having issues with this "feature" as well... It was just fine before.

I'm having a different issue with the browser. Sometimes I'm not able to see full servers, even though I don't have the Hide Full servers filter checked.

I am trying to help people test scripts on dedicated servers and the filter makes it very difficult to find or join them. You have to press refresh and then you get 1 second to click on the server name before the game auto hides it again.

same issue here, i search specificly for a certain name of a server and only after 5-7 refreshes it shows up. If i didnt know any better i would suspect after 3-4 times that the server was down. this is not an acceptable "feature" for a game being updated in the year 2013.