Sign in to follow this  
rat

?optical cammoflage?

I noticed that the cockpit glass in the little bird and the kamov are tinted[smoke and green respectively]

my question is this....are these transparent textures and if so could a soldier be skinned so he would appear like the Predator from the move or Snake from MGS?[invisible-ish]

confused.gif

Optical camo. that is something i havent seen in a while. i reamber watching it on a channle one time. it dose exist in actual life but its something that is hardly knowen which uses fiber optics to transfer the image from one side of a truck or object ot the other side works very well untill it moves. kinda makes it look like a vapor in the air when moving of the shape of the object that has it but once again i dont reamber on which program i seen this on i reamber it was a tatic that was being used in a open feild where thes people where having a stand off inside a house snipers and a truck where sent going up this feild inorder to recon it all day tell night for the SWAT team to enter the building

hey I saw the same thing it was on either the discovery channel or tlc. I remember they were raiding a house and used this camo so the people in the house couldnt see the sniper or the APC it kinda looked like a heat wave.But it was very interesting.Cause they cut the power to the house and then went in.It was a simulated house raid for training. tounge.gif

I saw it tlc a couple years back. it was something like the future battlefield. I remember seeing some kinda demonstration of it & I thought is was real, just a prototype that cost a couple trillion dollars. Now that I think about it, the show was probably digitally edited. The idea is still really interesting though. I also remember seeing a piece of 1' x 1' cloth or something that was rigged with fiber optics so it actually mirrored images on both sides.

iv seen that to but r we talking about the program or r we tlking about whos going to make this for him it seems when ppl post in ideas every ones tlks about but know one makes it.

look down below this is what i want made iv posted things in about zombie addon every one thougt it would be great to have them and we had a big tlk about it but know one pulled there finger out and made it sad.gif .

There's a way of doing it (in real life) by using nothing more advanced than a series of lights mounted on the vehicle - there's been experiments using tanks, ships and aircraft (F-4 Phantom). Lights with the same intensity as daylight can alter the contrast and shadows as seen by an observer..positioning is the important part. I once saw a film where such a system was used to make a British tank on a hillside seem to vanish..bunch of soldiers stood around scratching their heads.

Theyve been working on this stuff since WW2.

ok the technology exists in the real world...but what about in ofp....

i have been told it may be possible to have a working optical cam in ofp......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Good brainstormin here and ... Incredibly... thinking about it...

Yes it can!

Using alpha transparency level. But there is a catch of course, the 3d model itself can be made to allow transparency or not (opaque). Ive tried this before with the soldiers bedroll for example and it worked. There is an addon by "i dunno who" who also has this.

U can assign new textures in code, and theoretically assign new textures to a model (the same way blood textures are assigned) and connected to a menu option for example u can disable/enable what would seem like a cloaking device via cpp or script. Even a new model can be called in/out but to replace it all together... hmm...

Needs some testin though, to see what and how can or not be done and upto what level<span id='postcolor'>- quote from ofp.info...a post by  the Omega

so how about it?...is sombody able to try this out......... confused.gif

it would be really interesting to see the results don't you think?

i know sum1 who edited the UAZ cpp to make it invisible, he showed me the part of the cpp, and we tested it online together smile.gif it works!

way to go doggy!

have u tried almost invisible ie like the green tinted glass in the V-80...this is the effect i'm interested in....bit like the predator from the movie or Metal gear solid.......not quite invisible.... biggrin.gif

In MGS (2) a "refraction" effect is used, not transparent textures. In the X-isle tech demo, you can see that effect too. It's the only way to really obtain that "Predator" effect. Transparent textures can't really do the job very well.

sad.gif that sucks that it works! just another cheat that they can use.