Sign in to follow this  
geobnsn

Purchased Take on Helicopter Bundle from Ste including Hind but Hind is not available

I purchased Take on Helicopter Bundle including Take on Hind from Steam.

I have access to Take on Helicopter but there is no access to Take on Hind.

The only thing I see in the program files is a Steam folder with Take on Helicopters in it and Take on Hind is not available there.

Steam itself only shows Take on Helicopters and no Take on Hind.

I started the game and there is no option within Take on Helicopters to play Take on Hind, so I'm pretty sure it hasn't been installed.

I sent Steam support 2 emails and have not heard from them in 3 weeks.

Can anyone here help?

Thanks

Happens to everyone afaik.

BIS will also not provide support, afaik, except perhaps to disprove this line of my post.

You should, however, be able to search the forums for this issue for several fixes that have worked for people.

I think it basically comes down to opening your [c:\program files (x86)?]\steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\ folder, and looking around for the Take on Hinds installer (I think it's an .exe file in there or a well-labeled subdirectory).

Run that installer "As Administrator" by right clicking on it and, if given the option, selecting it, or if not, clicking properties, going to the compatibility tab, and then selecting "Run as Administrator".

Also, I don't mean to come off as too negative toward BIS lately, even though that's what happened in my last couple of posts. I just think this product is sorely undersupported. Unfortunately their entire company is probably going through some tough times right now with the [REDACTED].

To prevent misunderstandings: Take on Hinds isn't a standalone game but a DLC that includes itself into Take on Helicopters. So when starting ToH, you should be able to place the Hind in the Editor and there should be Missions for the Hind.

Can you please confirm or deny that this is the case at your side? Or did i misinterpeted your post?

I've checked the editor and found only 2 hinds Mi-24v and Mi-24p but no Superhind Mk.III.

I have version 1.06.97057 installed

Check all the sides and factions, the SuperHind isn't OPFOR AFAIK.

I went into the Editor and checked all the sides and factions and its not there either.

Ah, now I understand the confusion. The Hinds you do see were merged in via Rearmed from Operation Arrowhead, so they are not Take On Hinds' Hinds :confused2:

Hinds is a separate installer, so not sure why it's not presented to you in Steam. If it was installed you could check the Expansions menu to make sure it's enabled, but it sounds like the problem is a lack of installation.

I had same problem, when i bought take on bundle via steam. Problem was in steam, you must run steam like administrator, then will be hind DLC instaled. Now im flying with hinds :-)

P.s. my hind can dance :D :D

I ran Steam as an Administrator but Hind is still unavailable. Do I have to install it as an administrator? If so how do I go about doing it in Steam?

After running Steam as administrator, did you start ToH?

When I started ToH, Hinds installed automatically after I provided admin rights.

It's surprising nobody has yet said you need to actually enable the DLC in the main menu from the "expansions" list.

I am having a similar problem..

Recently purchased take on bundle on steam. take on helicopters, hinds & re armed.

I eventually managed to find the bizarrely named exe inside hinds and managed to installs hinds. Now I love B I but this is a user friendliness low point!

Hinds is now installed, I can see all hinds in editor but get no hinds missions?

Rearmed and hinds are enabled in expansions

I also see no arma units in the editor or chernarus map for editor?

I have arms 2 and arrowhead installed in steam, have had for months and both have been run since installing take on.

What am I doing wrong? I can partly use hinds and completely unable to use rearmed.

Does anyone have any idea if none of the stuff in this thread works? I have tried everything and moved files around in Steam Apps and nothing. Annoying thing is it comes up in top right of screen when running program! I also stuck Jedro's Taxi's in and that worked straight away (Nice work Jedro)! The ONLY possible thing it could be is the weird named app. Does anyone know the exact name of the file to run as Administrator as I believe i have tried them all, less the files that can't be opened (.vdf, .dat, .pbo, .paa, .cpp etc...) The DataCachePreprocessor that i run as administrator always comes up with "Program might not have installed correctly" no matter if I re-install it or accept it as being installed correctly. It then moves on to the CD key that is on Steam Clipboard. Go into game and it is ticked in expansions. It is in the Top right corner (As is Jedra's Taxi's now). Nothing on main screen, Free Flight, Editor, Time Trials! What the hell am i doing wrong?