Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 100409 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

When you look at it from developers perspective, ArmA 2 is in fact a well optimized game.

Take this into account - There are over 5000 animations, over 500 models, over 5000 sound files even, the game is a huge open world with Ai interacting with it, Chernarus for example has enormous amount of trees and foliage that are well designed, and all of that can run on average systems with up to 100 players in a session simultaneously, the game textures are highly detailed, post processing effects are HQ, and mods, those are something special, you have mods that simulate real life (City Life 2) you have mods that simulate real combat (JSRS, WarFX, ACE2 WarMod and many many other) you have mods that simulate random stuff like fishing, camping, racing, and any other stuff you can think off. That's pretty much impressive. Sure A3 will be more optimized, there's a room for improvement always, but if you think A2 isn't optimized then you don't know what you are talking about.

Crysis is the best optimized game even to this date. I managed to run it decently on higher settings with all neat eye candy on my older test systems LOL! But that's thanks to huge amount of config options I could tweak. Besides all of the gorgeous foliage and post process effects there's not much to look at. I remember that after I finished Cyrisis 1, I went on to download user islands and mods, missions etc, and I was like, meh...it's all same boring stuff all over and over again, roam the island, kill people, and that's it. That being said, Crysis 1 is great for 3D world demonstrations (think of all those Crysis ULTRA HIGH videos on youtube...) and some free roam fun. The only similarly themed game that can beat Crysis is Far Cry 3, and even though FC3 is a much better game it still lacks some key things. Crysis 2 and 3 on the other hand are c**p compared to Crysis 1, but it's not developers to blame, it's their user base that demands "Effects, graphics, guns and beasts!"

Back on topic, anyone knows when next A2 OA patch will be out?

if I had to place a bet, I'd say it will still take a while, until enough fixes have piled up that can't be done in a beta patch. Most people are quite comfortable using beta patches.

So when I bought ARMA II: OA, it was a Russian copy, but there was a little patcher item used to change teh language from Russian to English..

(This is a clean link to the patcher app: http://rghost.net/38385838)

And so after the last Beta patch hit, this little patcher has stopped workin', and my Russian is a bit rusty. Has anyone encountered this/found a fix.

If anyone knows a fix I shall be very grateful.

Thank You for Your time, Gentlemen.

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:21 ----------

So when I bought ARMA II: OA, it was a Russian copy, but there was a little patcher item used to change teh language from Russian to English..

(This is a clean link to the patcher app: http://rghost.net/38385838)

And so after the last Beta patch hit, this little patcher has stopped workin', and my Russian is a bit rusty. Has anyone encountered this/found a fix.

If anyone knows a fix I shall be very grateful.

Thank You for Your time, Gentlemen.

You can access options and change language from there, there are several you can choose.

@MAVEN, It is locked in Russian my good sir, with the settings bellow such as "subtitles" being enabled to be modified.

I see, well if you can't change it from options, you will have to "patch" some language files then. I think languagescore.pbo is the file you need, perhaps you can ask a friend to send you this (with corresponding bikeys) so you can "patch" it to English. Though be careful, make a backup of everything you are about to modify, also do this on your own risk as "patching" files this way may lead to you being kicked/banned from servers automatically.

You can also try enter this in your ArmA2 or ArmA 2 OA cfg (found in documents folders) file in the 1st line:

language="English";

If your game has the English language bundled it will use it after this parameter is applied.