Hey FL, Happy New Year :)

This is the problem with most 'mainstream' shooters. It takes anywhere from 5-30 bullets to kill people and this just kills immersion for me. Add to that the annoying proclivity of devs to make pistols even more underpowered and you have games that I simply can't get into.

I've read 'pro' BF players arguing that 1 shot kills aren't 'fair'. That's the world we live in :rolleyes:

Bangs -long time man, Happy New Year to you as well. :cheers:

Pretty much sums it up for me. No fear of the bullet and impotent pistols is always a game killer for me no matter how sexy every thing else. Funny enough I can enjoy the hell out of a totally unrealistic game like just Cause 2 if it just has these elements.

Bangs -long time man, Happy New Year to you as well. :cheers:

Pretty much sums it up for me. No fear of the bullet and impotent pistols is always a game killer for me no matter how sexy every thing else. Funny enough I can enjoy the hell out of a totally unrealistic game like just Cause 2 if it just has these elements.

MOH Warfighter was the worst offender last year. All the weapons (exception of the TAC 50 Sniper rifle) were totally underpowered.

ArmA is one of the few games with maps big enough to justify any kind of Sniper weapon. No one would be using a TAC 50 as an essentially CQB weapon on a map the size of a McDonalds.

Funnier still, you can have all kinds of weapons firing 5.56 for example and they'll all be underpowered but if it is a Sniper variant (same ammo) it will blow you 30 feet backwards and right through a brick wall.

Edited by BangTail

Well Arma Pistols aren´t that good either.

Yes I look at you Makarov PM!

I've already put quite a few hours into Far Cry 3 and am really enjoying it. Although like Far Cry 2, I am finding it repetitive.

FC3 is a great game even the best game in 2012

About pistols - the Kimber 1911 might be weak in the game but for more power , buy the 44. magnum and later you can get Desert Eagle - doing 2-3 shot kills

also try always to aim their heads :)

Once I finished the campaign, I stopped playing it (would it be cool to play it with a friend). Anyway, it was one of the best game of 2012 (as RobertHammer said).

Sorry to keep cat dragging this ol thread to death but after pimping out Far Cry 2 with all of the best SweetFX and graphics mods with everything full maxed -it just doesn't look anywhere near as good as Arma 2 pimped out with same mod, on Lingor with a 10,000 vd at highest settings -not even close. Am I missing something or maybe its just personal taste.

Finally got it a few days ago.Story pretty ok,interesting idea with making your gear from skinned animals(I dare you to show this game to a Peta member:p ),very boring side quests,more like a filler and with the budget of Ubi smells laziness,only exception are the hunting rare animals quests.

I would also like to have a word with the "genius" that created the radio towers.Silly damage to the animals,I mean really??I have to machinegun a bear or tiger to death?Saw a friggin outpost taken by a lone tiger while they pumped him full of Ak rounds.Also stupid QTE boss fights,I would have wanted an interesting fight with that fellow Vaas.

Still the freedom of movement,conquering outposts and the quite diverse main quest makes it an enjoyable game.

It's a good game,i liked many aspects and hated a lot ... the developpers ... they re good on what they 're doing !

But,honestly, after playing ArmA ... all those games out there appear "light" and made for quick consumption !

I played it through 4 days ago. Good game.

To me the best aspect of the game was that one could actually hide in a bush and not be seen.

Still playing some online coop missions which are good fun as well.

I played it through 4 days ago. Good game.

To me the best aspect of the game was that one could actually hide in a bush and not be seen.

Still playing some online coop missions which are good fun as well.

I agree, Far Cry 3's coop was actually pretty great.

Three things I hate about FC3:

- There is no manuall saves.

- There is no clock/Bed where you can change time of day

- The game doesn't play in real-time

I just hate it. Everytime I die, or re-start the game, I start at the nearest spawnpoint since it is impossible to manually save the game. Is there any mods for this?

Opening up a old thread.

I finally after all this time was able to get and play this, running it almost maxed out im ecstatic how this game looks, put in about almost 14hrs in my first play.

Running a mod but might change it.

I hated the whole setup of trying to get this game to run, i mean i had no issues but had no idea this Uplay crap was involved, here im sitting there installing this steam wannabe, wtf is this.

Anyways i run it in offline mode, and runs fine, i bought this from G2A for like $15 which came with all the DLC's, compared to steam itself which would cost you $30 for everything

https://www.g2a.com/far-cry-3-deluxe-edition-steam-cd-key-global.html

Playing nothing but arma/IF constantly and nothing else burns your mind out, considering i do alot of projects so i needed a break and a different game to play.

overall heres my overview of this game, for those still considering or looking to buy it:

================================

This game plays like Skyrim except your in a lush tropical, ocean/lake/pond/river/streams/waterfalls/islands setting that is beyond breathtaking!
Features:

• Open world - go anywhere, shoot anyone, drive, parachute, hang glide, zip line, fly in wingsuit, 4 wheeling, drive all sorts of vehicles, boats
  • run, climb, jump, swim
  • weapons - shoot - pistols, sub-machine guns, machine guns, sniper rifles, shotguns, flamethrowers, bow/arrow, grenades, c4, Molotov cocktails and many more!
  • Crafting - craft things for medicines, hunting, and combat, also craft bags/pouches to carry money and equipment and weapons, and other things
  • Looting & money - kill enemies and loot their bodies, make money to buy more and better equipment and weapons, or upgrade
  • Experience & Skills - every kill you make goes towards your experience, which earns you points which allows you to unlock skills, giving you more abilities (like skyrim)
  • Campaign, missions, & explore - like Skyrim you can follow the main campaign, go on various missions, and or explore, hunt, kill wild animals for their skins to craft things, explore and cultivate (pick) various plants to create medicines, enhancements, ect,. from.
  • AI - The AI are amazing in this, they talk, and say all kinds of stuff when they aren't doing anything, they say things when they are looking for you, they are smart, you can distract them, they will hunt you, they will attack you will all sorts of weapons, and many more, I have never seen AI respond like this.
  • Profanity, vulgar language, swearing, nudity, carnage, blood, lots of death
  • Wildlife - its real!! Deer, boars, tigers, buffalo, lizards, rodents, snakes, fish, sharks, turtles, birds, they all are alive and will attack you, or attempt to eat you if you provoke them, they hunt, sleep, and do their own thing, they go anywhere and are really alive, its crazy!
  • Map editor - Create your own maps and missions!
  • Mods - Game is moddable ---> http://www.nexusmods.com/farcry3/?
  • Wiki - FarCry3 Wiki ---> http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Far_Cry_3

and many more!

From steam store description:

ABOUT THIS GAME

Far Cry 3 is an open world first-person shooter set on an island unlike any other.
A place where heavily armed warlords traffic in slaves.
Where outsiders are hunted for ransom.
And as you embark on a desperate quest to rescue your friends, you realize that the only way to escape this darkness… is to embrace it

Key Features:

AN OPEN WORLD FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER

Create your own FPS adventure. Customize your weapons, your skills and your approach to each mission,
whether you favor intense run-and-gun action, stealthy close-up takedowns or long-range sniping.

AN ISLAND OF DANGER AND DISCOVERY
Explore a diverse island playground, from mountain ranges and swampy grasslands to white sandy beaches.
 Discover relics, hunt exotic animals, play mini-games and travel quickly by land, sea or air.
Fight your way through the island’s towns, temples, river ports and more!

UNCOVER A MEMORABLE STORY AND AN INSANE CAST OF CHARACTERS
Encounter an engaging and disturbed cast of characters as you take a gritty journey to the dark side of humanity,
written by a Writers Guild Award winner.

PLAY WITH FRIENDS IN A FULL CO-OP CAMPAIGN
Play online and team up in a four-player campaign which challenges you to be your best and work together to prevail.
Experience the island through the eyes of a wayward crew in their own quest to survive against the odds.

A DIFFERENT BREED OF MULTIPLAYER
Innovative multiplayer rewards skill and team play.
To level up, players must support each other by boosting with battle cries, reviving teammates and calling in support weapons.
After each match, players have the choice to punish or show mercy for their foes in fun and twisted ways, choreographed with interactive cutscenes.

USE THE MAP EDITOR TO CREATE AND ACCESS NEW CONTENT
The powerful and easy-to-use Far Cry® Map Editor is back, with new and improved features.
 A community of mapmakers ensures a constant stream of all-new content with the very best being showcased for the whole world to enjoy.
Using the included tools, you too can make amazing maps, quickly and easily.

CUTTING-EDGE GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY
Far Cry® 3 is being developed by the world-class game designers who brought you such critically acclaimed titles as
 Assassin’s Creed® 2, Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood, and World in Conflict®.

Price:
$20 on steam for game alone no DLCs
$30 on steam for Deluxe edition which is game plus DLCs

Buy on GTA :
https://www.g2a.com/far-cry-3-deluxe-edition-steam-cd-key-global.html
===================
Reviews

Other cool stuff

FarCry the experience.