Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Ka-50 blackshark

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so youll need the resistance config on your compter as it has the Kamov class<span id='postcolor'>

That should solve this release problem smile.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 06 2002,05:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Johnboy is correct, if it is going to include the model, textures, etc from Resistance you might want to ask BIS if its ok to release it before doing that. I cannot release my Winter Nogova because theres no way to block it from being used in original OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sure about that. First you could define in the config that the minimum required version is 1.75. If the users unpbo it and change it the violation is on their part and not yours.

Second, the textures are given with relative paths if I am not wrong (and not included in the actual wrp file). In that way if you don't have Resistance you won't be able to use the textures.

Third, a wrp file doesn't have to be used in OFP to be useful. You could for instance use it in wrpedit and export it to some other program. By your logic, your old winter maps would also be a breach against BIS' intellectual property. And AFIK they have not complained about it.

Well, I certainly have no problem with this Addon at all, I only wanted to say that there _might_ be trouble ahead if Eviscarator is going to release it. He is aware of this and still thinks it is no problem, geat. I hope he is right in his judgement of the situation.

I'm looking forward to the reskinned Hokums!

We'll see what happens (actually its good that someone is testing out the limits of what BIS is going to accept biggrin.gif )

its not up to Eviscarator to decide if there is a problem with it now is it?!

how can they prosecute me if i put in the config and readme that this addon is only for people with resistance if you tamper with it its your problem not mine :/ it will only work with resistance as the config for the hokum is in the resistance addons(i have added new weapons and names), its not bis' textures they are completely redrawn, i havent seen bis having problems with the addons released in red hammer, there have been thousands of su-25, m2a2, apache addons and they havent had a problem with that

because those addons were included in the patches....these units arent.

the thing is to use these addons you need the expanision pack, if people come to this forum or go to ofp.info when they dont have ofp and see the hokums and if they look good say "wow i want to play with that", would that not benefit bis? the people will have to buy the game and ofp:r to play, its not as if im benefitting from it, im not selling it or modifying it so it can be used in 1.46, anyone can go into their own o.pbo grab the hokum and its textures then knock up a .cpp and send it to an addon site so they host it for the 1.46 guys

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ July 06 2002,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how can they prosecute me if i put in the config and readme that this addon is only for people with resistance if you tamper with it its your problem not mine :/ it will only work with resistance as the config for the hokum is in the resistance addons(i have added new weapons and names), its not bis' textures they are completely redrawn, i havent seen bis having problems with the addons released in red hammer, there have been thousands of su-25, m2a2, apache addons and they havent had a problem with that<span id='postcolor'>

Evi, I think the problem is that some people missed what you said about the class problem. Everyone seems to have latched on to the belief that you are going to release it yourself for 1.46.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD.

i excepted you would know better then that Eviscerator. Because you know just as well as me BIS wont like it

It will need Resistance to work, so there is no problem. If someone else hacks it to work in 1.46 thats nothing to do with Evis.

if bis were really that worried about people retexturing their stuff they wouldnt have put any addons in ofp:r, i could still use the .cpp and not retexture but it would look so much better with new textures, if they have a problem with it they can email me or maybe if suma is watching he can tell me if its ok or not, whichever way ill still have the addon smile.gif

why has bis released texview when they dont like it??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ July 06 2002,17:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why has bis released texview when they dont like it??<span id='postcolor'>

They just get turned on by releasing things.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 06 2002,15:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 06 2002,05wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Johnboy is correct, if it is going to include the model, textures, etc from Resistance you might want to ask BIS if its ok to release it before doing that. I cannot release my Winter Nogova because theres no way to block it from being used in original OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sure about that. First you could define in the config that the minimum required version is 1.75. If the users unpbo it and change it the violation is on their part and not yours.

Second, the textures are given with relative paths if I am not wrong (and not included in the actual wrp file). In that way if you don't have Resistance you won't be able to use the textures.

Third, a wrp file doesn't have to be used in OFP to be useful. You could for instance use it in wrpedit and export it to some other program. By your logic, your old winter maps would also be a breach against BIS' intellectual property. And AFIK they have not complained about it.<span id='postcolor'>

Relative paths? dunno what you mean with that, if I do \KEGnoe_snow\snow.paa it will work on OFPCWC and OFPR... The old winter maps are kindof "illegal" but they arent much use for anyone who doesnt have OFPCWC. Stuff made out of OFPR things that can be easily used (for example by just changing the version from the config) in OFPCWC is all different, as its from OFPR and can be used in OFPCWC which are two different products.

Sure you can say that "oh, its just one helicopter, theres much more in Resistance" and "oh, its just one island" etc. but soon there will be mods out of all resistance units and by getting all those people can get most of what Resistance is without ever buying it... Sure, I dont care if someone releases Resistance stuff (Although I dont want anything bad for BIS wink.gif ) but I would still ask BIS if its ok before releasing that...

just a question - why did BIS put ODOL models in the demo, and MLOD in the full version? and why is it against their policy to get demo models of say....a hummer?

mlods are demo odol are full game, and i have no idea why they did it, probably so people didnt import their models into other games

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ July 06 2002,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just a question - why did BIS put ODOL models in the demo, and MLOD in the full version? and why is it against their policy to get demo models of say....a hummer?<span id='postcolor'>

demo models are MLOD and ODOL in full version actually wink.gif

But, what Suma said, ODOL is an optimized version of MLOD which loads faster and is smaller, and it has stuff that are only needed for editing and not needed by the game removed, which is why O2 cannot open them I guess...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 06 2002,18:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">demo models are MLOD and ODOL in full version actually wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

damn i get confused. biggrin.gif

yes the black version has to be made and after it some bug fixes and then its the big day

would anyone want to use the bis textured ka-50 with the new .cpp in any missions? as ill be able to make a new hokum and make it use the ka-50 model from the res .pbo easily, i was just wondering if anyone needed the normal camo for any reason

im waiting on the textures, ive been told ill have the main ones (desert and european) in 45 minutes so ill be able to show some screenshots then, ive also been allowed to use some sounds from the realism pack for the rockets as i thought they were pretty cool...

ok looks like i was wrong a couple more hours...but the new sounds for it sound really good...