Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Ka-50 blackshark

i thought id let you all know im making a proper blackshark with the right weapon load out and new textures as i really hate AT-6's, the .cpp is already done and i expect textures to be finished in the next couple of hours, the new features are:

12 x AT-16 Vikhr missiles, 900mm armour penetration and 0.95 chance of a hit.

2 x 20 80mm Unguided rockets

1 x 30mm Cannon with two types of ammunition(and different colour tracers for each ammunition) and two rates of fire (300 and 650 rounds per minute), ammunition and rof are selectable by the action menu.

and this paint scheme:

ka-50-hokum.jpg

(Textures are being done by Lawrie and going by his work so far in the ofp community they should look great)

Sounds good, will it have two seats like KA-50 has or is it just corrected V-80? And in case you haven't notice, the icon for V-80 is Hinds icon and also the engine sound is from Hind so there's two small things to correct if possible. Anyway i'm looking forward to this addon smile.gif.

the ka-50 has one seat, i think the ka-50-2(may be called something else) and the KA-52 have two seats, its just a retextured V-80 and it will have new icons, and infact as im writing this ive just found some hokum rotor sounds....it'll need some editing but i think ill be able to get them working smile.gif

Sweet. I havent even tried out the Ka-50 in resistance, cause sadly i dont have resistance....

Good Luck Eviscerator!

Great!

Hey eviscerator, weren't you the one who was making a tornado?

ok actually it seems there will be 3 different textures(kinda surprising to me and vixer but every new texture helps...or something), along with the black one there will be a desert version and a temperate(european i think) and it looks like release will be tomorrow now smile.gif

and yes i was the guy who modelled the tornado, dont ask me whats happening to it G8 have gone kinda quiet :/

Will this addon contain original Resistance models or textures, or a completely new model made by you? If it is the resistance ka-50 you might want to reconsider releasing it as it's kind of illegal :/ (not everyone has resistance and could use this addon,  or if the config is written to only work in 1.75+ the could take the model out)

I think it will only work in Resistance, because if it's the model from Resistance it has textures that are different from old OFP (high-res textures) and thus will only work in Resistance I think.

Hate to crash the party, but Johnboy has a point...

As long as there was only one OFP it was no problem, since allthough addons contained BIS models, you needed the game to do anything useful with it. But taking stuff out of resistance and making it available to folks who don't have resistance and giving them a chance to use them in the old OFP might be a problem...

I'd ask BIS about this to avoid getting in trouble. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KKB @ July 06 2002,01:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hate to crash the party, but Johnboy has a point...

As long as there was only one OFP it was no problem, since allthough addons contained BIS models, you needed the game to do anything useful with it. But taking stuff out of resistance and making it available to folks who don't have resistance and giving them a chance to use them in the old OFP might be a problem...

I'd ask BIS about this to avoid getting in trouble.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

True, but then again there are so many more reasons to buy Resistance other then that helicopter...that's just icing on the cake. Plus we Yanks here in the U.S. are still here waiting or Resistance and drooling over that Hokum! sad.gif (sniff).

But I have a feeling that he's not making it to work with 1.46.

sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Give it a proper camo skin -that black paint scheme (and the "Blackshark" stuff) is just part of Kamov's marketing plans at air shows. The handful of Ka-50s actually operated by the Russian military have a similar paint scheme to the Mi-24s in the game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KDF @ July 06 2002,03:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Give it a proper camo skin -that black paint scheme (and the "Blackshark" stuff) is just part of Kamov's marketing plans at air shows. The handful of Ka-50s actually operated by the Russian military have a similar paint scheme to the Mi-24s in the game.<span id='postcolor'>

If you'd bothered to read the posts there will be three camo schemes, including desert and temperate camoflage.

Johnboy is correct, if it is going to include the model, textures, etc from Resistance you might want to ask BIS if its ok to release it before doing that. I cannot release my Winter Nogova because theres no way to block it from being used in original OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 05 2002,23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Johnboy is correct, if it is going to include the model, textures, etc from Resistance you might want to ask BIS if its ok to release it before doing that. I cannot release my Winter Nogova because theres no way to block it from being used in original OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

Doesn't your Winter Nogova contain some buildings, roads, etc. that will not be found in Cold War Crisis? Making it impossible to use?

Just a thought. confused.gif

It may however be opened in wrpedit and fixed up.... then again anyone could post the Resistance Nogova on the web. Right?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ July 06 2002,06:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 05 2002,23wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Johnboy is correct, if it is going to include the model, textures, etc from Resistance you might want to ask BIS if its ok to release it before doing that. I cannot release my Winter Nogova because theres no way to block it from being used in original OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

Doesn't your Winter Nogova contain some buildings, roads, etc. that will not be found in Cold War Crisis?  Making it impossible to use?<span id='postcolor'>

It does have house models from OFP Resistance, but it can still be used fine in non-resistance ofp, the houses just wont be visible.

Sounds like malarky to me...just because it's from an addon doesn't make it any different to addons based on units from the original game AFAIK.

Besides, it's not like Evis is going to sell the damn thing anyway.

It's a sad age we live in where everyone is so scared of big companies and copyright BS that a guy can't release a free addon to the community. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 06 2002,07:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just because it's from an addon doesn't make it any different to addons based on units from the original game AFAIK.<span id='postcolor'>

It does, the point is that its from the Resistance expansion, and there is nothing blocking it from being used in non-resistance OFP, so unofficial addons made out of Resistance stuff would allow people who have not bought Resistance use them with OFPCWC for free.

it will be in 1.75 with new weapon loadout and 3 sorts of cammo

temperate, desert, black

well what would be the point of stopping me? i could make a new ka-50 of exactly the same quality in a couple of days where you couldnt tell the difference but i could post wireframe pics, theres really no point in bis saying we cant retexture these models, theres a lot more advantages to ofp:r than just one helicopter model, and i have bought ofp:r and am not going to sell the addon

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ July 06 2002,07:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 06 2002,07:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just because it's from an addon doesn't make it any different to addons based on units from the original game AFAIK.<span id='postcolor'>

It does, the point is that its from the Resistance expansion, and there is nothing blocking it from being used in non-resistance OFP, so unofficial addons made out of Resistance stuff would allow people who have not bought Resistance use them with OFPCWC for free.<span id='postcolor'>

Well no actually, it wouldn't be the unit from Resistance, it would be a mod.

It's not like he's going to distribute the campaign...sheesh.

and actually it uses the config from resistance, it uses the base class:

class CfgVehicles

{

class All {};

class AllVehicles: All {};

class Air: AllVehicles {};

class Helicopter: Air {};

class Mi24: Helicopter {};

class Kamov: Mi24{};

class O2PKA50BS: Kamov

{

(from the config)