Sign in to follow this  
argument

ARMA2 Bugs

i would post this in the mods/addon scripting section. I don't think it so much a bug as maybe the modifications/addon you're doing, that's causing the problem. I could be wrong... but I don't have this problem with vanilla A2/CO, unless it's a high powered weapon.

its not bugs, just absent features.

in particular case - absent physics.

no bullet ballistic no realistic AP ratio, no realistic obstacles penetration/interaction/destruction.

which is less horrible than for example, jerly animation. cycled static sequences, instead of procedural/sceletal ones.

and mind resource-hogging AI, not significantly smarter than in OFP:R.

FSM was cool, sure, but after creator left BIS, they "forgot" to compile that stuff to binaries, probably[or profile/fine-tune/debug it at least].

generally BIS product intended to simulate tactic, co-operation, rather than full-blown milsim[VBS2 had some feats that way, but few ones], but really good one.

i wish you anjoy Arma2 anyway, as im did.

no bullet ballistic no realistic AP ratio, no realistic obstacles penetration/interaction/destruction.

which is less horrible than for example, jerly animation. cycled static sequences, instead of procedural/sceletal ones.

FSM was cool, sure, but after creator left BIS, they "forgot" to compile that stuff to binaries, probably[or profile/fine-tune/debug it at least].

This isn't the place for all those pointless rants.

BTW, i agree with Iceman, i don't have such problems in Vanilla ArmA.

Wrong again.

This is infact a simple bug.

Its one of two things:

1. The building models have incorrectly generated fire geometries. This could be a simple as its just missing [from the model], or that it has corrupt components, or that it has the wrong kind of penetrative material applied to it, meaning that the bullets are passing straight through, instead of being stopped by the geometry.

2. If these are ruin models, swapped out at runtime when the original building is destroyed, then there might be an issue with the geometries not being properly replaced (I have seen it before).

To claim that the game is completely absent of any physics is simply absurd, so I wont even bother to point out how wrong you are with the rest of your statements...

there was nothing "completely" or "absolytely".

in fact.

there was nothing of "absolytely" © Black or White. world full of gradations, full of colors.

even emotions within human brains had some amounts of physics, for example.

bottom line: hardly that was geenric/fundamental issue.

ie, rest objects was had bullet-stopping caps, cause proper geometry.

there was nothing "completely" or "absolytely".

in fact.

there was nothing of "absolytely" © Black or White. world full of gradations, full of colors.

even emotions within human brains had some amounts of physics, for example.

bottom line: hardly that was geenric/fundamental issue.

ie, rest objects was had bullet-stopping caps, cause proper geometry.

Some day, someone out there is gonna read a post of yours and think "wow, that totally made sense!". Some day...

Argument. This bug is called hitbox detection. It is very common with improperly designed 3D objects for games (most probably user made content) so there's not much you can do about it except recreate the object and add proper hitboxes. If the object is without mods or ArmA 2 vanilla, then that's a bug and should be fixed.

generally BIS product intended to simulate tactic, co-operation, rather than full-blown milsim[VBS2 had some feats that way, but few ones], but really good one.

i wish you anjoy Arma2 anyway, as im did.

Thanks for the luls...

Wrong again.

This is infact a simple bug.

Its one of two things:

1. The building models have incorrectly generated fire geometries. This could be a simple as its just missing [from the model], or that it has corrupt components, or that it has the wrong kind of penetrative material applied to it, meaning that the bullets are passing straight through, instead of being stopped by the geometry.

2. If these are ruin models, swapped out at runtime when the original building is destroyed, then there might be an issue with the geometries not being properly replaced (I have seen it before).

To claim that the game is completely absent of any physics is simply absurd, so I wont even bother to point out how wrong you are with the rest of your statements...

Well not a bug so much as a mistake by the author creating the addon. The ruins in vanilla Arma2 don't have this problem. In any case...

tell ***LegendKiller*** that ***1cem@n*** says hello!!! <3.