tupolov

British Armed Forces: Bowman Radio System - an ACRE plugin

Just to let you guys know...

v0.2 is currently being tested by the awesome VCB (UK Milsim group) and should be released shortly.

Changelog -

1. Fixed Bowman radios to share common VHF channels (354,355,356,341)

2. Included new manpack radio models from Da12thMonkey (RKSL)

3. New Rebro functionality added

here's some screenies to wet the appetite:

[table]

[tr]

[td]

Cmfscj9l.jpg

[/td]

[td]

OlGKAPRl.jpg

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Edited by Tupolov

Any chance of the daysacks without the antenna? For use as a normal daysack.

Can't wait for a Barrimor on my back.

And I'm super happy Frizzle doesn't have a swimming pool addon in the VCB repo ;)

Nice Tup not tried em yet, did you manage to sort the aspect ratio button thing yet? listening to Dark trying to work it out is entertainment in it's own right :D

A jacuzzi might not be a bad idea. You can rub my shoulders while I'm chilling on the Command Net.

Awesome addon is awesome and the introduction of an in game deployable radio rebro function is a huge plus for all discerning scalies. For missions such as MSO it's going to be a game changer. All we need now is a way to prevent people abusing sidechat (reluctant to disable it completely for those rare occasions where it's actually necessary to work around technical issues)

Aspect ratio still only good for 16:9 (minor offset for 16:10)... working on it.

Hey!

When picking up ARC 341, it gives a acre_prc148.p3d error. Just a heads up, see if you can figure out what it is.

The ARC341 is not actually supposed to be "picked up" its a virtual radio for aircraft. The model error has been fixed though for the next release. Appreciate the feedback!

NEW!

v0.3 Beta released!

See first page for details and download!

Enjoy!

Hey there,

are you still working on it?

And I am a noob at scripting, do you know how I can add the Bowman racks, to other vehicles(e.g. HMMWV, UH-1H)?

greetings

Toryius

Hello there,

I'm not working on this addon at the moment. There are a couple of reasons.

1. A3

2. ACRE2 is in development

I developed this mainly for VCB, so will update when they switch to A3 or if they adopt ACRE2, whatever comes first!

In order to enable other vehicles with racks you'll need to depbo acre_sys_bowman and edit config.cpp. You'll see in there the following:

http://pastebin.com/40PzHMVK

Just add your vehicles in there using those configs and you should be good to go. Use the Jackal one for HMMWV and the Merlin one for UH-1H.

If you're not sure about depbo and config.cpp or vehicle classnames, then you'll need to read up on it! :)

Good luck and thanks for taking an interest in this mod.

Regards

Tup

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply! :)

Nice to know, that you are want to do that for Arma 3, too.

Okay, I try. Thanks again.

greetings

Toryius

hey Tup,

i know its been a little bit since anyone has posted in here and sorry for digging this up but i was just wondering if/when this may be released for arma 3 as i know VCB changed to arma 3 recently, if you need anyone to test this my community will be more than happy to help out

thanks,

Muir.

Guys

This should work out of the box. You have my permission to use with Arma 3.

Any issues let me know and I will fix. I cannot fix ACRE specific issues in A3.

Cheers

Tup

hey Tup i tried this out and here are a few bugs I have have come up with, if its an easy fix I could lend a hand if needed,

Bugs

Error: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ACE_Rucksack_crate.scope' [Not Using acre_c_bowman_ace.pbo]

the radios are self duplicating and causing severe lag whilst doing so.

the radios weigh nothing [to be expected as this is coded for Arma 2]

no bowman backpack [to be expected as this is coded for Arma 2]

Radios

Working

UK/PRC343 PRR

UK/PRC-CLR

UK/PRC-354

UK/PRC-355

UK/PRC-356

Not Working

UK/PRC-325 [Does Not Select On Ctrl-Shift-S And Does Not Transmit]

Edited by NATOSpecialForces

Thanks for testing it. I'll double check the config, update and post a new Arma 3 version either this weekend or next.

Cheers

Tup

So I took a look today... and it looks like a train crash.

You should read - http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/17689-acre-and-your-missions-how-to-make-my-life-easier-and-your-missions-not-broken/

There is stuff that I can't fix as I'm using the ACRE classes etc.

From what I can see:

1. ACRE in Arma 3 does not support backpack radios (as rucks) - so no manpack models unfortunately

2. I've fixed the 325, but I had to drop it (after adding from a crate) then pick it up again to use it - is this typical of ACRE radios in A3???

3. The duplicating radio from the ACRE crate issue appears to be known (see link above)

4. I also found that ACRE no longer appears to support the ACRE_DeployedRadioBase class - giving errors in game

5. Ran up against a font error and some missing textures

Given this, i'll fix up as much as I can but this might take a little longer and the end result still isn't pretty.

Cheers

Tup

Edited by Tupolov

Quick update on this.

Once ACRE2 for Arma 3 releases with support for man pack radios etc, I'll get working on porting Bowman to ACRE2. This will be a considerable rewrite given the changes to ACRE2, however, ACRE2 is shaping up to be very impressive.

Hi Tupolov,

loved this mod back in ARMA 2, particularly the rebroadcast function

Is this something your still considering rewriting for ARMA 3?

I know it was your original plan but the complete rewrite in ACRE 2 probably changed that, however with the last release maybe it’s mature enough to make this possible again?