John Spartan

F/A 18 Super Hornet for Arma 2 OA

I had the problem too. Just tried it without GLT Missilebox and ... there the pod system was ... (all working) but as soon as i started using GLT again the F18 which suppose to have the pod had just the standard loadout (tried changing to the ...gltmissilebox.sqf too but that didn´t help either). I´m now redownloading GLT missilebox, maybe something is wrong with my version (although i got it from armaholic .. and it works without any other problems). => can´t get it to work using glt not even the loadout change as written in the readme/pdf are working when using glt (except the service menu ... that works nicely!)

Edited by mid

Ok, I see the problem now. Nothing is wrong with GLT missilebox, its one of my codes when it comes to GLT, there are few lines to be changed, will be fixed on next update, thanks for feedback lads.

Im having a problem with the Tanker Version of the F18F... I cannot make it work. My line is:

fa18loadoutscript = [ft1,"FA18F_TANKER"] execvm "js_fa18\scripts\FA18_loadouts_GLTmissilebox.sqf";

ft1 is the plane.

why it doesnt work?

@Sliedroy, and others interested to test "buddy pod" and aerial refuelling with this addon and GLT Missilebox enabled. Please download a sample mission with a temporary workaround, and with next update of this mod we will fix this script issue.

Sample mission HERE

@Sliedroy, and others interested to test "buddy pod" and aerial refuelling with this addon and GLT Missilebox enabled. Please download a sample mission with a temporary workaround, and with next update of this mod we will fix this script issue.

Sample mission HERE

Thank you!

EDIT: It is not working on your mission nither... not even the flying one. he just flies in circles after doing the one time around the map. the carrier Tanker does not work as well.

but still, even with out the Air Refueling... This thing is great!!

Edited by Silderoy

Yea, it was GLT. Aerial Refuelling is awesome. So cool. Looking forward to the fixed version. What's the status on the blank texture files as well? Can't wait to see them. I got a few texture ideas in mind.

Ok, lads we are working on major update for this mod and as I said another surprise is coming up.

I have a question - GLT MissleBox Compatabality - how important is it? What is that makes you choose play with these weapons [visual looks, characteristics]?

Since I would like to implement GUI with fully customizable loadout, then in case of GLT MissileBox support I am limited to options since I cant change nothing within GLT mod. But in case we opt out of GLT weapons we can archive full customization over loaouts in UI.

I would like to have some ideas and feedback on this subject.

Thanks

If you can make your F/A-18 Super Hornet weapons (missiles/bombs) fly + look believable and without making them into somekind of "superweapons". Maybe make one how you like it and later one with GLT/FRL Missilebox (required)? As for GUI/loadout I like the setting that trucks are needed to resupply the plane, that it takes a certain time (no insta-resupply-everything) and perhaps as option add one or two AI's doing this work eg with repair animation.... :)

hey john,

first, this was a great addon and we love it !!

yes,we have the problem with the two-seated version (cannot change loadout via service menu) too, but the one-seated works perfect on our dedi (test it few minutes ago)... we change all loadouts, everything was fine !! it's a big thing to correct the two-seated version ?? it seems to be a problem with the f-version only...

greets, flo

@Flo, thank's for feedback man.

I am aware of such issue on this version. it will be fixed with next update. Also the whole UI for loadouts will change, to allow even bigger freedom for pilot to select any possible loadout. To be honest this UI and whole service meny was just a test of concept and it seems that is working [except MP issues like you described] and quite popular among pilots. I will keep working on upgrading all aspects to get this addon fully customizable for user as easy as possible.

well, no problem...

stay tuned with a update, we are waiting until its finish !! ;)

Edited by Flo

then in case of GLT MissileBox support I am limited to options since I cant change nothing within GLT mod.

What is it you actually need to change?

Gnat;2401369']What is it you actually need to change?

Hi Gnat' date='

ok what I am working on now is much more complicated "service menu", where user has a full control over aircraft loadouts. So in UI you would be able to select any available/relevant weapon for each station/pylon. So to do that, I am adding every magazine as a single unit, every magazine contains only one missile/bomb. In case of weapon's I define I can configure them as I want to suit this upgrade, where I cant alter any other addon settings. So at the moment GLT missilebox smallest magazine contains 2 units of missile/bomb as a pair. So if I want to maintain GLT missilebox compatibility I have to create a separate [downgraded'] version of UI. I have found a way to script a similar UI just with stations to be paired instead of being selectable individually. Does this makes sense.

So far for this aircraft I managed to archive very good compatibility with other addonmakers mods, and I would like to keep such settings so final user can play it, without of need changing anything in pbo, the way he wants. You know as many people as many tastes. Off curse some of the features trailed earlier where dropped due to reasonable PC resource usage and avoiding MP incompatible scripts/loops.

Edited by John_Spartan

Hi John

With your config and CfgMagazines you should be able to define your own support mags.

e.g.

class GLT_2Rnd_R3;
class JSP_1Rnd_R3 : GLT_2Rnd_R3 {count = 1;};

Gnat;2403071']Hi John

With your config and CfgMagazines you should be able to define your own support mags.

e.g.

class GLT_2Rnd_R3;
class JSP_1Rnd_R3 : GLT_2Rnd_R3 {count = 1;};

It's possible but would that make a GLT missilebox a dependency' date=' required? Like now GLT MissleBox is detected via scripts and only if user has it installed it offers relevant loadouts.

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "GLT_Missilebox")) then {FA18_GLTMISSILEBOX_LOADOUTS=True;} else {FA18_GLTMISSILEBOX_LOADOUTS=False;};

This way, when you install addon, it's still standalone.

John_Spartan,

Any chance of Australian RAAF skins for your awesome models?

John_Spartan,

Any chance of Australian RAAF skins for your awesome models?

Ok, first of all I would like to remind that original model is done by Franze, I just took over the project and upgraded models and got them to stage where we are now. So when you see Franze around say thanks to him for original FA18 on OFP platform.

regarding your question then its decided that within next patch there will be following skins included:

United States Navy

Pacific Fleet

VFA-14 "Tophatters" (F/A-18E)

VFA-41 "Black Aces" (F/A-18F)

Atlantic Fleet

VFA-31 "Tomcatters" (F/A-18E)

VFA-103 "Jolly Rogers" (F/A-18F)

Genereic navy grey skins for E/F as now to blend in with other ARMAVERSE units

+ two VFA-21 skins [fictional]

+ two VFA-? skins [fictional] that we have not decided yet also representing a gaming community squad

Royal Australian Air Force

1st Squadron RAAF, F version only [will be included as separate mod after next release]

6th Squadron RAAF, F version only [will be included as separate mod after next release]

USMC - not planned since they are currently using C/D models of "baby hornets", "rhinos" are operated only by NAVY and RAAF

There are a lot more coming but please be patient and when the time comes I'll inform about all the news on this project.

Any chance this can be added to six?

maybe when addon is finally done. till that ARMAHOLIC does the job perfectly.

Shame that you have no USMC version planned. Was hoping that in the armaverse the corp would be using E/F models...I mean if they have F-35s it wouldn't be a stretch for them to have super hornets. But your mod, your call

Looking forward to next release. Love playing around with these!

Hi Spartan, been a wee while. Its great to see you're still active with this project!

Have you made any head way with the "F" version and the addition of a similar functionality as Blake's PINS? Its definitely something the flight guys in my group (6th Airborne) are looking forward to playing with. We haven't stopped playing various versions of 'Carrier Ops', a little mission I made on FSF Varkgard with the Nimitz.

Also on a different note, is there any plans to add a more realistic sound pack or allow 3rd party mods to add sounds, I know JSRS has a great sound for the Harrier and a group (some time ago) made a pretty decent sound pack for the RKSL Typhoon. I suppose its a little peripheral now, but perhaps in the future?

version 2.0 released

FA18E_render_1_zpsfbdfa240.jpg

[please see the first post]

This particular update is for ArmA 2/OA/CO game engine.

FAQ

Q: Is there goanna be ARMA 3 version?

A: Yes. ArmA 3 version is already in decent stage of development, Saul is taking project lead over this version and we will share it soon...

Edited by John_Spartan