Sign in to follow this  
Tuupertunut

How to install OFP FDFmod to Arma cold war assault

Install it just like you would normally install it to OFP, but instead of using fdfmod.exe to open the game you just create a shortcut of ColdWarAssault.exe and put this to its target field: -mod=finmod -nomap

Nomap seems to be necessary with Arma CWA FDFmod. Then it should work fine.

For me, I have found that simply making a few changes will help you install most of the mods available for OFP so that they will work with CWA.

1) Using Windows Explorer, change your CWA directory from Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Cold War Assault to Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Operation Flash Point.

2) From your desktop, right click on your CWA icon and choose properties. Edit the Target Line Box from "C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Cold War Assault/ColdWarAssault.exe" to "C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Operation Flash Point/ColdWarAssault.exe". Also edit your Start In box from "C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Cold War Assault" to "C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Operation Flash Point". Then just click "Apply" and you are set to go.

And as mentioned above be sure to add -nomap -nosplash at the end of the Target Line.

Chris (aka Greaser)

Edited by greywulf58

-nosplash is not needed in fdfmod because it has its own credits screen that can't be skipped.

For me, I have found that simply making a few changes will help you install most of the mods available for OFP so that they will work with CWA.

1) Using Windows Explorer, change your CWA directory from Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Cold War Assault to Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Operation Flash Point.

2) From your desktop, right click on your CWA icon and choose properties. Edit the Target Line Box from "C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Cold War Assault/ColdWarAssault.exe" to "C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Operation Flash Point/ColdWarAssault.exe". Also edit your Start In box from "C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Cold War Assault" to "C:/Program Files/Bohemia Interactive/Operation Flash Point". Then just click "Apply" and you are set to go.

And as mentioned above be sure to add -nomap -nosplash at the end of the Target Line.

Chris (aka Greaser)

Thanks for this info!