Sign in to follow this  
Ciph3r

Kicked for Wrong Signature File (Retail Version)

I have just started having a major problem when trying to join server both of DayZ and normal Arma 2 servers, as I try to join I will get a message saying wrong signature file and will show a random .pbo file and this is preventing me from playing as it is always happening, is there anyway to fix this?

I went into my Addons folders for Arma and all the pbo.bi.bisign and pbo.bi2.bisign folders are only 1kb in size and these are the files I am being kicked for, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game many times with no success. Is there someway to repair the addons folders? And also these .bisign files only appear AFTER I install Operation Arrowhead. I really want to fix this because I want to play :(

Any help would be appreciated :D

It isn't showing you a "random" .pbo, it is telling you what the problem is. What is the exact error message?

It isn't showing you a "random" .pbo, it is telling you what the problem is. What is the exact error message?

Well each time I get kicked it will give me a different .pbo file, such as a10.pbo.bi.bisign, and all the files that I have been told is causing the problem are in my Addons folder and these seem to be missing files as they are 1kb in size and I have no idea how to repair them

Hi and welcome!

If you have steam, it is possible to check the gamefiles and repair them with it.

I had this error too, but I don't use Steam. I had luck that my old computer I used before had the same version. I compared and copied the corrupted files from there. Now I keep a Backup of my gamefiles on another disc.

I don't know if it is my SSD, my father bought the same SSD, and he got to send it in RMA one month after purchase.

Also do a chkdsk on the disc the game is installed, perhaps you have more trouble than you would think.

Hi and welcome!

If you have steam, it is possible to check the gamefiles and repair them with it.

I had this error too, but I don't use Steam. I had luck that my old computer I used before had the same version. I compared and copied the corrupted files from there. Now I keep a Backup of my gamefiles on another disc.

I don't know if it is my SSD, my father bought the same SSD, and he got to send it in RMA one month after purchase.

Also do a chkdsk on the disc the game is installed, perhaps you have more trouble than you would think.

Unfortunately when I installed on my other computer Operation Arrowhead would still have the same corrupt files as on the other computer

Unfortunately when I installed on my other computer Operation Arrowhead would still have the same corrupt files as on the other computer

did you patch the game on the other computer before? are they 1kb too?

Did you run chkdsk on the partition? Did it report any errors?

did you patch the game on the other computer before? are they 1kb too?

Did you run chkdsk on the partition? Did it report any errors?

The files on that computer were again, 1kb in size and I haven't run the chkdsk how do you do that? Sorry :P

Sounds weird as I don't think that both harddisks, on your second and first computer do have such problems.

Easiest way to do a chkdsk is by opening the computer (Or the explorer and level up until you see the partitions, DVD Drives, USB-sticks etc.), right click the partition where the game is installed (for example C:) and click properties in the context menu.

A new window will open. In there you should find the "Tools"-Tab, click on it.

Now there should be some options located, one of them should be named like "Error correction" or "Check for errors" or something like that.

If the game is located on your system partition, a restart might be needed, there it will do a check again (so don't abort while restart when he asks if you want to).

But as said, I don't think it is your hard disk.

May I ask where you bought the game?

If it was an onlineshop like sprocket, where you get a download, better try to redownload the files, perhaps your first download was corrupt.

If you got a DVD, you might have to send it back, or if you have a friend near you, he might give you his dvd for installation. I don't know any statistical possibility about getting a damaged CD, but might happen sometimes too.

I performed a chkdsk and it came up with no errors and still the 1kb files were still there, I purchased Arma retail from EBgames perhaps called gamestop where you're from

OK, wait.

What exactly do you see in your Arma 2\AddOns folder? You should have a number of .pbo files of various sizes, and a number of .bisign files that are all 1KB (actually smaller if you check properties).

The error you are getting suggests that you are not running the correct files (mods/game version/whatever) for the server you are trying to join.

This problem is for almost every server and the problem has only just started

Yes, and we're trying to help you solve this issue. To do so, you'll need to answer our questions.

What exactly do you see in your Arma 2\AddOns folder?

I've played the same server for a few months now, this problem has only just started.

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

In the addons folder I see The .pbo files that are above 15,000 kb in size and underneath these .pbos are .pbo.bi.bisign and .pbo.bi2.bisign files one of each, these are both 1kb in size.

So for example the first file is a10.pbo, 15,137kb in size then underneath will be a10.pbo.bi.bisign and a10.pbo.bi2.bisign both 1kb in size and this is the same for each pbo file in the addons folder

In the addons folder I see The .pbo files that are above 15,000 kb in size and underneath these .pbos are .pbo.bi.bisign and .pbo.bi2.bisign files one of each, these are both 1kb in size.

So for example the first file is a10.pbo, 15,137kb in size then underneath will be a10.pbo.bi.bisign and a10.pbo.bi2.bisign both 1kb in size and this is the same for each pbo file in the addons folder

All of that is as it should be.

How are you launching Arma? How are you enabling/disabling mods?

I launch through DayZCommander and i have arma 2 and operation arrowhead activated in expansions

You can only join DayZ servers when you launch via DayZ Commander. As for your inability to join a DayZ server, it may have something to do with beta patches or other mods in use on those servers. For help with DayZ or DayZ Commander, check their respective forums:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/

http://forums.dayzcommander.com/

Well this error has only started recently with all servers and I used to be able to join all servers and servers I used to be able too join are now kicking me before I enter for the wrong signature file on a number of .pbo files

Well this error has only started recently with all servers and I used to be able to join all servers and servers I used to be able too join are now kicking me before I enter for the wrong signature file on a number of .pbo files

You need to define "all servers", as again, you can only join DayZ servers via DayZ Commander.

Well again like I said it's not only DayZ that is the problem when I am playing Arma 2 NOT any mod and I joing normal Arma servers through the Arma server list, I may be able to play for a while before I am kicked for Wrong Signature for file OR I am kicked immediately when joining a server for the same reason "Wrong signature for file".

The "wrong signature" error is a bad sign, because it is usually caused by one of four things:

1. Some files may have been damaged during installation / download.

2. The files were corrupted somehow.

3. Your hard drive may be faulty, causing read errors.

4. Your RAM may be faulty.

Since the problem only started recently, we can rule out #1. That leaves 2-4, which are all bad. If it is #2, you can fix it by reinstalling the game (but then you'd still have to ask yourself how the files were corrupted in the first place and make sure it doesn't happen again).

If that doesn't help you may be looking at hardware trouble, or perhaps an even more obscure cause that will be difficult to troubleshoot.

Thanks, do you believe that a running a chkdisk will pickup such a problem with the harddrive? Also as I bought the game retail may it be a problem with the disk, this problem had only started after I updated to 1.62. So if it would be best to buy another copy via steam or some such, I would have no problem doing so

if it happened just after the update, I guess, there was a problem with that one. Did the setup mention any errors or so?

Also I will write now some crc checksums:

ArmA 2/Addons/*

Files: 162

Folder: 0

size: 8 816 780 013 Bytes

CRC Checksum about all files: 874E8FD6

Checksum about all filenames: 29B08A37

ArmA 2/Expansion/Addons/*

Files: 105

size: 4401924108 Bytes

CRC Checksum about all files: 8566C2C0

Checksum about all filenames: 9DD1F8AA

ArmA 2/Common/*

Files: 267

size: 3948500704 Bytes

CRC Checksum about all files: 034A076A

Checksum about all Filenames: 1FD5388A

ArmA 2/Expansion/beta/Addons/*

empty

ArmA 2/Expansion/beta/Expansion/Addons/*

Files: 3

size: 1558232 Bytes

CRC Checksum about all Files: 8EFBA319

Checksum about all Filenames: 4B0B8BA4

ArmA 2/BAF/Addons/*

Files: 48

size: 493727187 Bytes

CRC Checksum about all files: D86A3BAA

Checksum about all Filenames: F840C0F2

ArmA 2/PMC/Addons/*

Files: 60

size: 1012953542 Bytes

CRC Checksum about all files: 4C22BE40

Checksum about all filenames: 1ABEA4D9

I used 7-Zip v 9.20 to create the checksums.

Compare them, might be bogus, but also a try worth.

The Beta was updated today (2013-01-07 17:28Z) with Six-Updater

Edited by SnowSky

Yes when I went to update to 1.60 I believe it came with error of corrupt files, and names numerous .pbo files

Then I would recommend reinstalling the game and updating it. Also redownload the patches, just to be sure not using again a perhaps corrupted one. And perhaps start the game each time after patching (sometimes also patching makes trouble).

The downloadable files (updates, fixes, patches, full programs, ..), on reliable sites, has a checksum string (MD5, SHAx, CRC32, ..) to verify them against corruption.

About DVD media, they should have too (think to material degradation, faulty installations, ..) but it's rare.