Sign in to follow this  
nephros

saitek x52 pro POV1 and Throttle Hat not recognized

Wonder if anyone has had this issue or knows a solution to the problem -

In trying to configure the button assignments on my Saitek x52 pro joystick, TOH doesn't recognize input from the POV1 hat or Throttle Hat. All other buttons are recognized.

Since I couldn't configure the POV1 and throttle Hat directly in TOH, I created a profile in the Saitek editor and only input assignments for POV1 and the throttle hat. That worked in game, but unfortunately all of the other input assignments set up directly in TOH stopped working (I guess they were over-ridden by the profile?)

Any assistance would be MUCH appreciated.

I've got the X52 pro here, with the main POV mapped to cyclic trim, the throttle hat for rudder trim, and the second hat doing misc functions.

You're right, it's not very straightforward to map those. There are specific setting that work, and others that don't.

For the throttle and top hats, I couldn't get the game to read them as buttons, so I mapped them on the SST profile to emulate the keypresses. For the POV hat, it did read them. Just make sure that hat is set to 'fallback' in the primary mode in the SST, otherwise it'll do its own thing and probably won't work.

As for the other inputs not working. Check that those too are 'falling back' in the SST (and not 'unprogrammed' or something). Buttons mapped to actions on the Saitek profile won't register as buttons anymore for games.

Cheers

Thanks, I appreciate your input. I discovered that I was doing a few things wrong. I hadn't rebooted the computer after changing the SST profile settings, and that fixed most problems. I also discovered that if I had multiple key combinations programmed into a SST function, sometimes it would activate a command that was determined by only one of the keys. I was able to fix that by re-mapping the keys in-game.

Anyway, problem solved for now (I think)